By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

Playstation 3

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
assuming it is the same game presented for both systems. The art style will not seem any worse on the PS3. It may seem more clear, but any artistic style will show on either version.
motion controls?
what if the PS3 had those implemented just as well?
with gorgeous hd graphics- dont care about those?
with DLC from the PS store- don't care about those?
with any and all online features- don't care about those either.

well to me, it seems like you have to not care about a lot of things to justify the wii version
But as it is incredibly obvious- this is just my opinion and is not to be taken as fact.
I'm sure either version will be great.

Now if the wii version costs less, then the question holds some weight IMO

The PS3 motion controls are not implemented as well.

The wii can do some gorgeous graphics too. PS3 may be able to do better, but I don't have an HD TV, so I couldn't tell the difference anyways.

I rather my game include all the content instead of having to purchase more. It's a $$$ thing...

The wii has online features too, so that is moot.

Typical new AAA wii games cost at most $49. It's hard to find a PS3 game for that price, so the wii version would cost less.

Might not be a lot of reason (motion controls and price) for the wii, but even less reasons for a PS3 version...

I say Wii...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

SE is developing FF13 for the PS3, and with the obvious preference for the Wii in nearly every market, it only makes sense for them to develop another one of its series for the Wii, plus KH seems a perfect fit.

y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
soccerdrew17 said:
y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

Right, it's not just because of change for sake of change.

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

that would be fine except two things.  no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

Here is another reason...

Disney is for kids... and the wii is for kids...

(of course ignore that I am in my late 30s and still play kids games as in addition to adult games...)

yea, because the people who like the deep story, hard combat (in the first at least), and final fantasy characters must be kids.

soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:

that would be fine except two things. no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

It's can do 1-1, but it can do more than just a button replacement.  It's more like a replacement for an analog stick.

Good cotrols...  how about wii sports...  resident evil 4, metroid prime 3, lots of others...   not that they are directly applicable to KH 3...

How about Red Steel...  not perfect, but would be closer...