By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

Right, it's not just because of change for sake of change.

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

that would be fine except two things. no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

It's can do 1-1, but it can do more than just a button replacement. It's more like a replacement for an analog stick.

Good cotrols... how about wii sports... resident evil 4, metroid prime 3, lots of others... not that they are directly applicable to KH 3...

How about Red Steel... not perfect, but would be closer...

dont have a wii, but ill address what i can. 

the innaccuracy of the wiimote (meaning not how innaccurate it is on screen in this case, but how big a range of motions it needs to allow for inputs) means that its not even a truly analog remote, its a quasi analog-digital remote, which doesnt improve things necessarily.

wii sports, i have only played boxing, baseball, and tennis.  none of them are even remotely close to accually playing.  they had to alter the controls just to make it work.

prime and red steel dont count because they have a focus on the camera for the analog part or moving the wimote, which cant apply to action games. 

havent played re4, though i probably will when i get my wii, since that is "the best version" 

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

Well, I wouldn't really care honestly. As a (sort of) fan of the series, I think it could be good on either platform. I think all logic says that it's most likely going to end up on the Wii barring a massive shift in sales over the next year, but I would play it and probably enjoy it on either console. Oh and a great use of motion controls would be for Magic.

Oh, and MP3 definitely uses lots of non camera related motion controls (like the grapple beam) which worked great.   

I'd prefer it on the Wii. The HD graphics don't really concern me. Firstly I don't even own an HD tv, and secondly the Wii can do graphics perfectly fine. I don't need to see every hair on Mickey Mouse's ass to enjoy the game.

The whole "Wii-can't-do-epic-games" thing is just stupid. This logic basically says that games weren't capable of being epic before this generation, as only HD consoles are capable of handling them. Still though, it would be a fine game on any console it comes out for.

soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

that would be fine except two things. no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

It's can do 1-1, but it can do more than just a button replacement. It's more like a replacement for an analog stick.

Good cotrols... how about wii sports... resident evil 4, metroid prime 3, lots of others... not that they are directly applicable to KH 3...

the innaccuracy of the wiimote (meaning not how innaccurate it is on screen in this case, but how big a range of motions it needs to allow for inputs) means that its not even a truly analog remote, its a quasi analog-digital remote, which doesnt improve things necessarily.

wii sports, i have only played boxing, baseball, and tennis. none of them are even remotely close to accually playing. they had to alter the controls just to make it work.

prime and red steel dont count because they have a focus on the camera for the analog part or moving the wimote, which cant apply to action games.

havent played re4, though i probably will when i get my wii, since that is "the best version"

Wii sports is more sensitive than that. You can get about 1000-1500 without understanding the finer control it has, and as you don't have a wii it's not really worth going into... Actually, making big motions in tennis is what you do when you are learning the game. After you are scoring over 2000 on tennis, you barely flick your wrist different directions depending on if you want to return a lob, or a do quick return, or...

Red steel has different modes when you are using the sword. It doesn't have focus on the screen at that time. I was referring to it's sword use, not it's gun use. RE 4 would be like MP3 or when using a gun in Red Steel.

naznatips said:

Well, I wouldn't really care honestly. As a (sort of) fan of the series, I think it could be good on either platform. I think all logic says that it's most likely going to end up on the Wii barring a massive shift in sales over the next year, but I would play it and probably enjoy it on either console. Oh and a great use of motion controls would be for Magic.

Oh, and MP3 definitely uses lots of non camera related motion controls (like the grapple beam) which worked great.

ok, yea point and click works well. but how much of that is in kh? i can see a few magic spells using it but not many.    

edit: how much*

Around the Network

Eh, this is a tricky one, but I think I'd have to side with PS3. KH has a rather loyal fanbase, and the gameplay changes required for a Wii version could push them away.

I don't really care WHICH system it comes out for as long as they fix the blasted camera(granted, 2 was better than 1 in that regard, but it still left a lot to be desired)

jlauro said:

soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:

wii sports, i have only played boxing, baseball, and tennis. none of them are even remotely close to accually playing. they had to alter the controls just to make it work.

Wii sports is more sensitive than that. You can get about 1000-1500 without understanding the finer control it has, and as you don't have a wii it's not really worth going into... Actually, making big motions in tennis is what you do when you are learning the game. After you are scoring over 2000 on tennis, you barely flick your wrist different directions depending on if you want to return a lob, or a do quick return, or...

Red steel has different modes when you are using the sword. It doesn't have focus on the screen at that time. I was referring to it's sword use, not it's gun use. RE 4 would be like MP3 or when using a gun in Red Steel.

i play tennis.  im not referring to the big swings or little swings.  every single swing is counted in the same way: timing.  tennis is much more than timing, this isnt even considering u dont control the character.

havent played red steel so i dont know about its sword parts.

Both systems would have their strengths and weaknesses, so it's all depending upon what it is you are wanting to get from KH3.  RPG's on the Wii as of right now is definitely not the systems strong point. The PS3 isn't a whole lot better, but atleast at this point they have more RPG's out than the Wii, and are currently in a stronger development to makes those games. To me the Wii is far more suited for platforming games than RPG's. SE very well could change my opinion on that for the Wii, but for the time being my vote would be PS3 first, unless SE made some ground breaking changes in the KH formula for the Wii. 

-SpectralDuality 

jlauro said:
ultraslick said:
assuming it is the same game presented for both systems. The art style will not seem any worse on the PS3. It may seem more clear, but any artistic style will show on either version.
motion controls?
what if the PS3 had those implemented just as well?
with gorgeous hd graphics- dont care about those?
with DLC from the PS store- don't care about those?
with any and all online features- don't care about those either.

well to me, it seems like you have to not care about a lot of things to justify the wii version
But as it is incredibly obvious- this is just my opinion and is not to be taken as fact.
I'm sure either version will be great.

Now if the wii version costs less, then the question holds some weight IMO

The PS3 motion controls are not implemented as well.

The wii can do some gorgeous graphics too. PS3 may be able to do better, but I don't have an HD TV, so I couldn't tell the difference anyways.

I rather my game include all the content instead of having to purchase more. It's a $$$ thing...

The wii has online features too, so that is moot.

Typical new AAA wii games cost at most $49. It's hard to find a PS3 game for that price, so the wii version would cost less.

Might not be a lot of reason (motion controls and price) for the wii, but even less reasons for a PS3 version...

You can still tell the difference on an SD TV.  It's not JUST hi-def.

soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:

Not necissairly. The Wiimote can't do one for one, but it can detect direction and angle perfectly fine. So it would for example make a swordfighting game one where you develop your own combos by the angle you swing the remote. Though to me this makes more sense in a swordfighting 3-D fighter then an ARPG.  As I imagine you'd get tired fairly quickly.