By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

Grey Acumen said:
That brings up another point, people need to keep in mind that just because PS3 has the space for all these epic universes doesn't mean that developers Wallets have that much space.

maybe, maybe not, but at least the potential is there. But we can speculate what SE may or may not do for any console to spin things how we want.

I also like the point somebody previouly made, that the KH team is currently working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. So they will at least be familiar and experienced with the PS3.

Around the Network

True. It CAN be done on any of the systems really. But each ones will have different expectations that may or can easily end up not being met. PS3's biggest challenge is creating a world big enough to use some of PS3's massive space. Otherwise I can only see it goind dual platform for PS3 and 360.

On the Wii, the biggest issue is working out controls.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

ehm ... KH is buttonbashing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Grey Acumen said:
True. It CAN be done on any of the systems really. But each ones will have different expectations that may or can easily end up not being met. PS3's biggest challenge is creating a world big enough to use some of PS3's massive space. Otherwise I can only see it goind dual platform for PS3 and 360.

On the Wii, the biggest issue is working out controls.

If it could be done properly in a way that won't cause your arms to die, I'd be all for it and would probably buy a Wii to play it. (unless of course I didn't already have one) But I'm skeptical as to whether or not it could be done.

One person said that Square Enix games are for watching. I understand what he means and I agree.(to an extent) But that isn't for everybody.

don't be a wuss, small wrist motions conserve energy, otherwise man it up. You'll be able to bench press a car by the time you're finished. Good thing Wii is going to get Wiifit coming out, because you'll need it to be able to buff up the rest of your body to support the weight of your soon to be massively overdeveloped arms of titanium and not have your shoulders ripped away from your spine.

People will ask you "How do you get your arms so strong?"

and you'll just tell them you were playing on your Wii.

and they'll smile and nod, slowly walking away and making extra special care not to shake your hand after that.

Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

don't be a wuss, small wrist motions conserve energy, otherwise man it up. You'll be able to bench press a car by the time you're finished. Good thing Wii is going to get Wiifit coming out, because you'll need it to be able to buff up the rest of your body to support the weight of your soon to be massively overdeveloped arms of titanium and not have your shoulders ripped away from your spine.

and they'll smile and nod, slowly walking away and making extra special care not to shake your hand after that.

Wait wait wait, dont be a wuss? Youre saying that the older audience of casual gamers would eat Kingdom Heats up and youd expect them to not be a wuss when complaining about the motion controls? That makes no sense.

Youre expecting to people go have an open mind about the control scheme yet youve completely closed off the possibility the PS3 version could be better becasue 'all' the PS3 will offer is improved graphics which is unbelievably ignorant. 

Personally, the game would be superior on the PS3 version as it could have a hell of a lot more content on a blu-ray disc, improved online support if it gets implemented, IMPROVED graphics (I dont want it looking like final fantasy, but it could still be improved alot), implemented motion controls (not to the same degree as the Wii obviously, but I dont want it being the sole focus of the game) and the familiar control system that worked for the past two games. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
Grey Acumen said:

Wait wait wait, dont be a wuss? Youre saying that the older audience of casual gamers would eat Kingdom Heats up and youd expect them to not be a wuss when complaining about the motion controls? That makes no sense.

Youre expecting to people go have an open mind about the control scheme yet youve completely closed off the possibility the PS3 version could be better becasue 'all' the PS3 will offer is improved graphics which is unbelievably ignorant. 

Personally, the game would be superior on the PS3 version as it could have a hell of a lot more content on a blu-ray disc, improved online support if it gets implemented, IMPROVED graphics (I dont want it looking like final fantasy, but it could still be improved alot), implemented motion controls (not to the same degree as the Wii obviously, but I dont want it being the sole focus of the game) and the familiar control system that worked for the past two games. 

like cod4 ?:/

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Bladeneo said:
Grey Acumen said:

like cod4 ?:/

I dont really remember any motion control in COD4; Plus, its a multiplatform game. A developer isnt gonna make enough content to fill a Blu-Ray when they have to fit the same content on a DVD. How was your comment even remotely logical?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I have a feeling that KH3 will be a PS3 exclusive, but hey I could always be wrong, I guess time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Bladeneo said:
Grey Acumen said:

Wow... you've used something I said in an obviously nonserious post as your means to attempt to refute my points, but obviously didn't bother to take the time to read my actual serious posts.

Bladeneo = Failure.

Since You apparently can't recognize a joke when it beats you to death with your own arms, i'll let you know ahead of time that the rest of this post is serious.

As you've said, you don't want it on the level of Final Fantasy graphics, but it can still be improved a lot. Sounds like Wii can improve them a lot without putting them on Final Fantasy level, so that criteria is met.

Bluray has constantly been plagued with never really needing all the extra space it offers over DVD unless you're talking about putting on 5 hours of audio for the cutscenes in every language known to man. So unless KH3 gets the budget the size of Nintendo's gross profits off of the DS, you're not going to see "huge expansive worlds" that couldn't have fit on a DVD anyway.

As for motion controls, I've already pointed out about a dozen potential ways in which the Wii's control scheme could improve on the PS2 version. I have yet to see you point out anything on how the internet would work in a reasonable way. What am i going to do? make it so I can pay $5 and get a new keyblade? $2 for a Cloud/Sephiroth cameo? trade keyblades online?

I'm coming up with plenty of ideas for how you can boost up the internent features, but you know what I'm not coming up with? Anything that the PS3 can do in this field that can't be implemented on the Wii.

As for your idea that motion controls can be implemented on the PS3. I'll have to quote myself, cause i just don't feel like typing something that should be obvious to everyone to begin with.

Grey Acumen said:
As for motion controls, PS3 will NEVER be able to implement motion controls the way Wii can, get over it. Please. There are only 2 motions you can make naturally with the Sixaxis; turning it like a steering wheel, and shaking it as if you're throttling it. While I'm often tempted towards the latter with controllers that have poorly thought out motion implementation, it doesn't really benefit the game in question.

So unless you're expecting KH3 to be turned into Kingdom Karts, I don't see the steering being used too much.

As for my "don't be a wuss" comment? Yes. Even though not serious, it's still true. You know why? Because those older casual gamers are the ones who actually DID stuff as kids, like go outside and play, hence physical activity equates to fun. Even for the non older crowd, despite what you might think, that still holds true. If they get tired from swinging the Wiimote around, they'll save and quit early and hence the game will be played with many rest breaks in the middle, thus extending the perceived length of the game.

When I dismiss features that a console will supposedly bring to the table in a game, it's never out of hand. i have reasons for doing so. If you have problems with that, then refute my reasons, not some joke post that was obviously not serious from it's very start.