By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

souixan said:
Why sometimes, do I feel like I'm the only person that simply doesn't care where Kingdom hearts ends up because I don't like the game?

I'm with you.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

Personally, I don't care about KH. That said; I've always felt that KH is a Nintendo-ish title for some reason. Wii it is then, enjoy!

after having so much fun arguing and then leaving for a day. ill state my actual opinion. both should have sequels of different story lines.

the wii should get a unique and new combat system. yes, that means throw out what we know of kh and change it up while keeping it still feeling kh. the story should be a sequel to kh2. keeping in the disney worlds and their future.

ps3 should get a separate storyline, maybe continuing bbs. it should be a more serious game, a bit darker. it should have similar combat, but deeper and taking away many of the handicaps from kh2 (reaction commands should be harder, being not so over powered).

this way they both get games more suited to their audience and it fits in with the kh story.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Why not Kh3 for PS3 and Wii?

In my personal opinion the graphical potential alone that KH3 has on the PS3 is enough reason for me to want it over a Wii version of the same thing.

Munkeh111 said:
kirby007 said:
ehm ... KH is buttonbashing

It would not work as well on the Wiimote, unless they completey changed the whole game. Personally I want it on PS3 because I have a PS3, but it would probably sell more on Wii, and have a lower production cost. Personally I think that the main game will come to PS3, with a spin off on Wii

Personally, I think that april fool's joke game "Mushroom Hearts" or whatever it was called, would actually be pretty sweet. There would be tons of worlds to draw from

But yeah, for it work well on the Wii, the combat system would have to be changed. Specifically when it comes to the pace and hectic nature of the battles.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Trying to be more reasonable here, but lets see:

8 reasons why KH3 should be on the PS3 and not the Wii.
1. Superior graphics
2. Remote play between Birth by Sleep and KH3
3. Did Square-Enix developed already a decent Wii game? DQ Swords is crap
4. The integration of Home (Trophies), imagine having a Donald, Sora statue in your house
5. With the PS3 you can have a lot more enemies on your screens, imagine yourself an epic battle against 10.000 heartless
6. Nomura and his team already have experience with developping for the PS3 and with a KH type gameplay on PS3 (FFXIII)
7. it's not possible for u

1. Yes, this is an advantage.

2. BBS takes place decades in the past. There would be no remote play. 358/2 on the other hand could have remote play... and yes, the DS and Wii do connect for remote play. Already been done with Pokemon BR

3. And Square Enix has made a good PS3 game? What's that game? They haven't made any PS3 game yet. They are in the process of making 2 games, but we don't know if either will be good. Nor do you have the right to call DQ Swords crap when you have never played it. The irony is you are calling others fanboys.

4. Achievemen er... I mean Trophies would certainly be a nice advantage.

5. I imagine myself being bored fighting 10,000 enemies, but besides that point, the PS2 used a mixture of video and instanced combat to create the same effect in KH2. It could be done on the Wii.

6. Uh, FFXIII was stated to have the same combat system as FFXII, which, if you played it, is nothing like Kingdom Hearts gameplay.

7. I don't understand broken English.

8. Learn to count to 8.

The game could be made successfully on either platform. It's only those who refuse to accept that who are the true fanboys here...

1. Indeed
  2. Indeed again
  3. They haven't released one yet, but the actual KH team is making Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  4. Achievements/trophies are swell for some people, I could care less.
  5. KH2 had you fighting hundreds (or it at least felt like it), that was good enough. But the best part of KH fighting was boss battles. So I would be curious as to how they could make them greater.
  6. I  would hope he meant FFVersusXIII, which is an Action RPG more like KH in it's battles.(although there has not been a gameplay video yet. Just previews and info from the game makers)) Like you said, FFXIII's battle system is like XII, but an evolution of it.
  7. me no speak english good now
  8. I can count to 8!
  9. woah! 9 too!

Yeah sorry for that english and the broken words, but I was using the internetbrowser of my PS3 and there is maximum for word typing, actually I had 12 reasons :p, well here they are all again. And yes I meant Versus XIII

1. Superior graphics
2. Remote play between Birth by Sleep and KH3
3. Did Square-Enix developed already a decent Wii game? DQ Swords is crap
4. The integration of Home (Trophies), imagine having a Donald, Sora statue in your house
5. With the PS3 you can have a lot more enemies on your screens, imagine yourself an epic battle against 10.000 heartless
6. Nomura and his team already have experience with developping for the PS3 and with a KH type gameplay(Nomura said that) on PS3 (FF Versus XIII)
7. Nomura is just a graphics whore like a lot of people, that doesn't justify it being on the PS3, but he would like it to have the best graphics as possible
8. The original Kingdom hearts games were on a sony console (not the spinn-offs). Again that doesn't justify it for releasing KH3 on PS3, but it could be an important reasen for Square-Enix
9. Square-Enix already have a special made engine for games on PS3 and 360, the White Engine, again that could be a reason for Square-Enix
10. Almost only Nintendo games sell good on Wii, again that could could be a reason for Square to release it on PS3
11. It's possible to make the game bigger and better as before, I think here about a lot more NPC characters (it felt really stupid that no one was living in Agrabah or Potc world) and muich bigger world, maybe this is also possible on the Wii, but with the potential on the PS3 it would work better I guess.

12. Downloadable content, I don't mean with this extra world or anything story related, but for example some new cups il Olympus colliseum you can download 

Look I'm not a Wii hater, but I just see it rather on PS3

It'll end up on Wii for sure. SE aren't stupid.

yeah you're right why do devolepers actually still make games for 360 or PS3, when you have the Wii. Oh wait! Why is Square-Enix actually developpint their four biggest games for PS3 (or 360): FF XIII, FF versus XIII, Lord Of Vermillion, The Last Remnant.

That's because 90% of non-Nintendo games for Wii sell like crap.

Stats87 said:

Part of Kingdom Hearts greatness was the depth and beauty of its worlds. (although the depth and exploration was more prominent in KH1) So I salivate at the possibilities that could be created on a PS3. I also want a big long epic quest, jam packed with as much content as possible, allowing huge worlds, sidequests etc etc. Blu-Ray disc space has room for all of this.

Of course on Wii the graphics would be much worse than the 2 PS2 ones and the quest would be about 2 hours long because that's exactly the amount of space that's available on a Wii disc.

That's what you're saying, right?

I love people who praise the PS2 version of games and then say it would be impossible to make the next game on Wii. Like it wouldn't be an enormous step forward.

If you're saying that Blu-Ray disc space is needed for a good long game you must have been really bored with the PS2-DVD version?