By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

I'd much rather have KH3 on the PS3 as it would just look so much better than if it was on the Wii... Nothing against the Wii but i really would prefer the game to stay on the platform is was made famous on and also i would hate to have to control the game with the Wiimote motion controls... Its the reason i don't want a Wii!

Around the Network

Look, I have a Wii. So I don't choose for the PS3 because I have one. Well actually it doesn't really matter if we discuss on this. People with a Wii want KH3 for Wii and People with a PS3 want a PS3 version.

So you're saying now that third party games sell well on the Wii? Yeah some like RE4 and Guitar Hero, but if you look at all those Japanese games released for Wii then you really can't say that they are selling well for their userbase.

And I knew that I would receive that reaction about FF XIII and yeah that's something we'll never know, maybe Square-Enix would have released it on the Wii if they knew about the succes of it, maybe not. Also don't forget that their isn't released any really great topgame released for PS3 like FF XIII or MGS4.

Anyways this discussion has no end

Squall_Leonhart said:
I'd much rather have KH3 on the PS3 as it would just look so much better than if it was on the Wii... Nothing against the Wii but i really would prefer the game to stay on the platform is was made famous on and also i would hate to have to control the game with the Wiimote motion controls... Its the reason i don't want a Wii!

Based on your logic, souldn't you be saying you would rather they keep KH3 on the PS2 instead of the wii or ps3 then?

@Jlauro

Great, another 'nit-picking' post! By Platform i mean the PS overall, so logically it would be on the PS3 now not the PS2 as the PS3 is the recent hardware... Or did you not know that?

Why do some people on this forum have to be such bastards? (excuse the language)

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Jlauro

Great, another 'nit-picking' post! By Platform i mean the PS overall, so logically it would be on the PS3 now not the PS2 as the PS3 is the recent hardware... Or did you not know that?

Why do some people on this forum have to be such bastards? (excuse the language)

The PS3 isn't backwardly compatible with the PS2 (at least not newer modles), and more people with PS2 systems have upgraded to Wii than have upgraded to PS3...  or did you not know that?

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:
Soriku said:

Erm...there are a lot of games I can beat by just pressing X (or A on the GC). Look at ToS. You can beat that by pressing A (or X on the PS2 version) yet it had bad graphics but a GREAT story.

@Bladneo

Lol.

"where as the Wii will make it a point and swing adventure game that looks like it should have been released 5 years ago. Brilliant."

That's why the Wii is at least 4x stronger than the PS2, right?

GameCube was at least 2x / 2.5x stronger than PS2, and the Wii is 2.5x stronger than the GameCube, so it's roughly 5x stronger than the PS2 if it were on the Wii.

And people, you CAN push up the graphics to their limits on the Wii; you would need a great deal of time and hard work. Trust me, games can be polished to perfection on any console, it's all up to how the developer deals with their time managing and working on a game and system. Square-Enix games are some of the best looking games on any console.

Okay, I am a fairly new gamer and am even newer at trying to understand video game technology but I am seeing statements that the Wii is 4 times more powerful than the PS2 or 5 times more powerful than the PS2.

Where are those statements coming from?  According to my calculations (based off GFLOPS—which is the best single benchmark that I am aware of—but then again I am new to trying to understand videogame tech) the Wii is 2.5 times stronger than the PS2.

PS2: Capable of 6.3 GFLOPS

Gamecube: Capable of 10.5 GFLOPS

The Wii (assuming IGN got the specs right—and no one else is putting forth specs) has a CPU that is identical to the Gamecube CPU with the exception that it is made on a 90 nm process instead of a 180 nm process.  This allows it to run 50% faster and at the same time 20% more power efficient.  The GPU is a two part chip.  The first part is identical to the Gamecube GPU with the exception that it is made on a 90 nm process instead of a 180 nm process—this once again allows it to run 50% faster.  The second part of the chip controls the Audio DSP and contains 24 MB of internal RAM (mainly for the GPU—although accessible to the CPU) which I do not think is anything new, it is just built into the GPU now instead of being on separate chips—so that really does not affect the equation much.

(Once again, I am new to trying to understand videogame technology—so I may be making a mistake on this next assumption)  However, that leads me to the assumption that:

Wii: Capable of 15.75 GFLOPS (calculated by Gamecube amount plus 50%)

Which would mean that 15.75 (Wii)/ 6.3 (PS2)= 2.5

Meaning the Wii is 2.5 times the speed of the PS2.

One possible, mistake, is that I am not taking into account RAM increase (Gamecube had 40 MB while the Wii has 88MB)—more than twice the amount.  That does not affect processing speed it only provides more data to be processed, correct?

Now as I said, I am new to trying to understand Video-game technology, so if someone wants to try to show me why the Wii is four to five times the power of the PS2, I will be happy to learn.

Having said that, a Kingdom Hearts game on the Wii (even if only 2.5 times stronger) would be beautiful enough for me—plus, I own a Wii not a PS3 so I want to see KH3 come to the Wii.

I also agree with Grey Acumen about user base and intended audience.

So, KH3 to the Wii, please.

Kingsora_be said:

yeah you're right why do devolepers actually still make games for 360 or PS3, when you have the Wii. Oh wait! Why is Square-Enix actually developpint their four biggest games for PS3 (or 360): FF XIII, FF versus XIII, Lord Of Vermillion, The Last Remnant.

That's because 90% of non-Nintendo crappy games for Wii sell like crap.

fixed that for you

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
Kingsora_be said:

yeah you're right why do devolepers actually still make games for 360 or PS3, when you have the Wii. Oh wait! Why is Square-Enix actually developpint their four biggest games for PS3 (or 360): FF XIII, FF versus XIII, Lord Of Vermillion, The Last Remnant.

That's because 90% of non-Nintendo crappy games for Wii sell like crap.

fixed that for you

To be fair, most multi-plat wii games are average at best, with Nintedo being the only publisher that consistantly delivers for Wii, as much of the time, multi-plat games are half-arsed ports, intended to get a little extra money

BengaBenga said:
Stats87 said:

Part of Kingdom Hearts greatness was the depth and beauty of its worlds. (although the depth and exploration was more prominent in KH1) So I salivate at the possibilities that could be created on a PS3. I also want a big long epic quest, jam packed with as much content as possible, allowing huge worlds, sidequests etc etc. Blu-Ray disc space has room for all of this.

Of course on Wii the graphics would be much worse than the 2 PS2 ones and the quest would be about 2 hours long because that's exactly the amount of space that's available on a Wii disc.

That's what you're saying, right?

I love people who praise the PS2 version of games and then say it would be impossible to make the next game on Wii. Like it wouldn't be an enormous step forward.

If you're saying that Blu-Ray disc space is needed for a good long game you must have been really bored with the PS2-DVD version?

lol, the ENTIRE post infers things that I never even said. Stop making things up to try and make a point.

Is the Wii more powerful then the PS2? Of course. 

Is the PS3 more powerful then then the Wii? Definitely

The point I'm making is that the PS2 KH games were impressive considering the hardware and that the possibilities on the PS3 are intriguing and exciting when you consider the big jump in console specs. The Wii would obviously be able to do great things as well, much greater then the PS2.

I never said the Wii couldn't run a great KH game and couldn't hold a lot of content. The point is that the PS3 can hold even more and is a more powerful console, creating the potential for lots of possibilities. Plus, when you consider the KH team is working on the PS3 right now for FFVersusXII, they will now be experienced with the PS3. Meaning the next time around, they would likely be able to do even more on the system and get more out of it. Lastly, extra disc space can help with more then just game length.

Nowhere did I say the Wii cannot be the home of a great KH game.

well for wii since thats the console i own

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"