By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

Kingdom Hearts graphics, at least in my eyes, has alwasy been about an artistic style. Meaning really no matter what console it goes to, as long as it retains that artistic style, it'll be fine. By brining it to the PS3 though, and beefing it up with super real graphics, wouldn't ya lose that artistic style. I always credit a game first when it chooses to do something new rather than something everyone else does. I'd personally rather see KH stay unique with its artistic style than go the way of Final Fantasy. Maybe I'm weird for thinking that but oh well. If by going to the PS3 its style will change then I don't want it.

Ultimately though I'm ensured that style will stay with the Wii, and an opportunity to hopefully see some creative controls. But really it wouldn't matter that much to me where it went, but oh well.

Around the Network
Square games are for watching, not for playing, so PS3.

You watch every game you play. But seriously, no.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

wii without a doubt.

Given the art style, the PS3 will not improve graphics. I don't want my Disney characters to look any more realistic... and the will graphics are greater than ps2 graphics.

PS3. I can't really see motion controls adding anything to an RPG especially since most of them are very repetitive, I can't imagine the motion controls not getting annoying after awhile.

I don't see why so many people are talking about graphics on a game like KH. Have you guys even SEEN the damn game?! Its a highly artistic style based game focusing on CARTOON graphics!

How is it that everyone can keep saying the wii is for casual, cartoony games while PS3/360 is for big epic realistic style games and yet claim KH would be better on the PS3 instead?

Disney characters are not going to look good in 20 shades of brown and grey!

Around the Network

assuming it is the same game presented for both systems. The art style will not seem any worse on the PS3. It may seem more clear, but any artistic style will show on either version.
motion controls?
what if the PS3 had those implemented just as well?
with gorgeous hd graphics- dont care about those?
with DLC from the PS store- don't care about those?
with any and all online features- don't care about those either.

well to me, it seems like you have to not care about a lot of things to justify the wii version
But as it is incredibly obvious- this is just my opinion and is not to be taken as fact.
I'm sure either version will be great.

Now if the wii version costs less, then the question holds some weight IMO

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

darconi said:
I don't see why so many people are talking about graphics on a game like KH. Have you guys even SEEN the damn game?! Its a highly artistic style based game focusing on CARTOON graphics!

How is it that everyone can keep saying the wii is for casual, cartoony games while PS3/360 is for big epic realistic style games and yet claim KH would be better on the PS3 instead?

Jagged edges never looked good. This is one of the advantages that PS3 has; better at anti-aliasing.

KH was all about pushing X. If there is a Wii version then all u would be doing is swinging the controller like a madman. Lots of changes would have to be made to the game for it to work on the Wii and I don't think I would like that so Ps3 for me.

darconi said:

The game would look gorgeous on the PS3.  Go watch the HD trailer of Tales of Vesperia and then come back and tell us you still want KH3 on Wii.

After thinking about it further, i'd want it on PS3. The only reason i'd like it on Wii is the motion controls but since it's a very fast paced game with a lot of button mashing this button mashing would translate either in button mashing on Wii (in that case i'd want it on PS3 since it would be the same with more eye candy) or motion controls that would kill your arm.