By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda thread- discussing Nintendo hand-holding getting out of hand

Tagged games:

I agree. Women should shut the fuck up.

That's the point of this thread, right? You're driving to McDonald's and your girlfriend says, "McDonald's is right here. Make a right." You knew McDonald's was there. You saw McDonald's from the freeway. Shut the fuck up, woman.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I agree. Women should shut the fuck up.

That's the point of this thread, right? You're driving to McDonald's and your girlfriend says, "McDonald's is right here. Make a right." You knew McDonald's was there. You saw McDonald's from the freeway. Shut the fuck up, woman.

There's like 10 women in the world who actually eat Mcdonalds; you got stuck with one of them =(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BasilZero said:
Than again its not surprising, they have a feature which allows you to finish a level/show you how to finish a level in DKCR and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Which is fine. In NSMBWii you only get it after you fail at finishing the level repeatedly, not before you even tried! I didn't get it once in any level of the game, so the annoyance factor was 0%. If you keep dying then that will be the annoyance, and then it is actually nice to get some help.

Scoobes said:
It's a neccessity for Nintendo games to have this to a degree. Nintendo games (including Zelda) are generally targetted at as wide an audience as possible. This includes relatively young children who may actually need that advice. When my 10 yr-old nephew is playing Zelda for the first time in his life then the advice that pops up is useful and means he'll get more enjoyment out of the game (as opposed to frustration and asking me what to do, lol). Zelda games don't just sell to the hardcore fanbase that know what to expect so I think it's perfectly acceptable for there to be an expectation that hand-holding will be present.

This is a flawed argument. The Zelda games on NES were much harder than anything since, and kids played them to death.

It is also a flawed belief that Zelda games today are mostly played by young children. They are not.

And you don't even understand the main problem, the issue is not that there is help to get, it is that it is being rammed down our throats when we didnt ask for it!

But you know what the SINGLE MOST ANNOYING THING in Aonuma Zelda is? If you are playing one of the mini games (bamboo slicing for example), if you dont get the result you wanted and want to try again, you have to read through A LONG TEXT EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT YOU CANT MAKE GO ANY FASTER, clicking past the text takes twice as long as the minigame itself. I actually nearly broke my controller when he told me the same god damn thing for the umptennth time. FUCK YOU, AONUMA, LET ME PLAY!

The biggest offense is not being able to turn it off. It would have been so simple to have an option "Shut the fuck up Fi" and then you're free to enjoy your game.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Deal with it, it wouldn't be there if common sense wasn't dead and so many people weren't muppets.

ksv said:
Scoobes said:
It's a neccessity for Nintendo games to have this to a degree. Nintendo games (including Zelda) are generally targetted at as wide an audience as possible. This includes relatively young children who may actually need that advice. When my 10 yr-old nephew is playing Zelda for the first time in his life then the advice that pops up is useful and means he'll get more enjoyment out of the game (as opposed to frustration and asking me what to do, lol). Zelda games don't just sell to the hardcore fanbase that know what to expect so I think it's perfectly acceptable for there to be an expectation that hand-holding will be present.

1. This is a flawed argument. The Zelda games on NES were much harder than anything since, and kids played them to death.

2. It is also a flawed belief that Zelda games today are mostly played by young children. They are not.

3. And you don't even understand the main problem, the issue is not that there is help to get, it is that it is being rammed down our throats when we didnt ask for it!

4. But you know what the SINGLE MOST ANNOYING THING in Aonuma Zelda is? If you are playing one of the mini games (bamboo slicing for example), if you dont get the result you wanted and want to try again, you have to read through A LONG TEXT EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT YOU CANT MAKE GO ANY FASTER, clicking past the text takes twice as long as the minigame itself. I actually nearly broke my controller when he told me the same god damn thing for the umptennth time. FUCK YOU, AONUMA, LET ME PLAY!

1. Games have changed since then and so have kids. Back then all games were ridiculously hard and challenging and there was an expectation that most people wouldn't complete a game. 

2. I never said that. They're played and targetted everyone and so you have to cater for the lowest common denominator (children).

3. The method can be questioned, but it has to cater for everyone so some invasive help is to be expected. All Zelda games after the NES have had it to varying degrees.

4. Errr.... OK. Not sure how I'm meant to respond to that as I'm not Aonuma. I'll just let you vent

Meh, I didn't care much for Fi's talk at all, she didn't bother me. What DID bother me was those freking goddarn messages appearing over and over again explaining to me what all those treasures and bugs are. I KNOW!! I ALREADY GOT 129 OF THEM IN MY INVENTORY! SHUT UP!

/rant, lol.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046