By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - At what price would YOU buy a PS3?

I'm curious.  A lot of people think the PS3 is too expensive, and given that, I'd like to know how cheap it would have to be for them to buy it.  Surely it must have some games that interest you -- so how `bout it?  What would Sony have to drop the price to in November for you to buy one?

Around the Network

I'd happily part with £300 for one.

$400.

Well honestly, I don't have the money for another console right now, no matter what the price was...unless it was like 100 bucks. If I didn't have any console, and somehow the Wii didn't exist, and somebody convinced me that the 360 was going to crash and burn by the end of the year...then I'd possibly be willing to pay around $400 for the PS3.

Eh...but really...it's hard for me to say, because the PS3 doesn't have hardly any value to me right now...there's hardly any good games now or coming out.  MGS4 looks cool, but it's not enough.  

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This is going to sound crazy but if it had Zelda and Metroid i woulfd buy it at the price it was when oe of those were released.

but since it doesn' hav ethose two franchises i wouldn't even buy a PS3 unless it was given too me

Around the Network

i have 1 console already, i don't need another one.  i was offered one as a gift, but i turned it down since it'll just take up space and i don't like to sell gifts.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Already got it and the Wii and the 360 and I'm set for the next few years :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I got a PS3 already. I'd be willing to pay 800$ for it. (I use it as a full fledged computer. Surf the web, e-mail, downloads, BitTorrent, Videos. Basically what mose people do with a 600$ computer. I got the ability to play amazing next gen games, and a BluRay player for free)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
a BluRay player for free)

You're kidding right?

$350 the same price I paid for my Xbox360 Core w/ HD.

Also the PS3 needs games that I want to play, right now the earliyest game I want to play is TBA 2008. =/ 

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie