By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - At what price would YOU buy a PS3?

399 and a remote for 39 and ff13 for 49, no tax no shipping

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

$249.99 with a bundled game

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

SpaceJase said:
Kwaad said:
a BluRay player for free)

You're kidding right?

My PS3 can do everything a 600$ computer can. (as a computer)

Printers, USB HDD, USB WiFi (Yes that works, I dont have one, becuase I perfer the internal PCI cards)

FireFox (The Real FireFox, not PS3 style)

OpenOffice Suite

I can do everything on my PS3 a 600$ computer can do.

I was wanting a small portable computer for running image software. (To work with my camera)

The PS3 has card readers built in. Plug it into a small LCD TV. (dont have to be HD)

Burn the images straight off the card to a DVD. (USB)

How many setups do you know of that you can do for under 900$ and do that? Besides a notebook. (I do NOT like note-books)

I am including the monitor, USB DVD-Burner, and the DC converter to hook onto my jeep's battery.

Size does matter. And weight matters more. The other box I was looking to for that job was a MiniMac. However the cost was just too high. Their too slow for what you pay. When a mod-chip comes out to pull the hyper-visor off, I'm gonna wait 6months and if sony hasnt done anything to disable them, I'll buy one. 

Guess what? I now have a top of the line Gameing system... with a BluRay player. :D 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I've owned mine since Nov 17. I also own 5 games, 7/9 downloadable games, and 2 controllers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

$400 AUD which is like $250 US. (Wii pricing).

This is until something worth playing comes.

Around the Network

I piad $600 for mine so I geuss i am willing to pay $600+ and I guess if you look at it very short term I could have waited but really I knew I was going to buy a PS3 anyway. I guess its like the guy that would have paid 600 if it had Metroid and was it zelda? Except I bought mine for God of War III Final Fantasy XIII Metal GearIV and some of the new games that caught my eye Resistance, Lair, and Heavenly Sword. Anyway I think $400 is a good price point since you get free online play, WiFi(idon't think most people have there home console around thier modem),Then there is Bluray(not for everyone but if you have a HD TV this is way better than DVD) all that for 400 is more than good enough to double sales quikly....As long as the games start coming out(which they will). with good games it might not even need a drop but it looks like cost to build droped prett fast so i think a $100 will drop off the price very soon with another $100 droping before winter

I will never buy one. Ever.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

homelesscarl said:
I will never buy one. Ever.

Why?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

OriGin said:
$400 AUD which is like $250 US. (Wii pricing).

This is until something worth playing comes.

Come on man are you serious? the PS3 can do so mauch more than the Wii just on games. Is $250 just the limit that you are willing to spend on a console? If you are only willing to pay $250 for a PS3 I hope you didn't buy a Wii at $250 unless you just love nintendo? Ummm I just have one last question to all the people who love all these nintendo games all of a sudden and are waiting for Smash Brothers..The next Mario game, Metroid, and Zelda. WHERE  were all these people last generation? The Game cube had barely any consumer support. I know I had one but  now everyone is excited about rereleases from gamecube that you get to play with the Wiimote? I just don't get it? Unless the wii is selling on price alone. If thats the case then Wii will have a rough battle very soon with MS and Sony both cutting Prices by holidays. Some innovation lets make a new way to play .....then release old games or the same sequels over and over.....For me its about what price would I buy a wii 250 is too much. Unless they add a few other features or a compelling game(a new IP would be nice)

Well, I bought one for $600 but I sold another to take some of the price off. Still, I would have bought one for $600 at some point, probably by now for Elder Scrolls because I don't want a 360 or to pay a few hundred to upgrade my PC.

I will be installing Linux soon as well, so like Kwaad it will function as another PC. I wonder how fast it encodes with DVD Shrink if that works for linux...

But like I've said before, they need to drop the price because most people don't want to pay a lump sum even if it's cheaper in the long run.