By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony Care More About Their Gamer's Then Microsoft and Nintendo...

Does Sony Care More About Their Gamer's Then Microsoft and Nintendo...

Yes 283 46.85%

No 321 53.15%

Total:604
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
they make games for every type of player? yes
they make consoles for diferent type of players ? yes
they let developers experiment new types of games ? yes they take the risk and developers say thanks
they suck my money from online gaming ? no
they give eveything i want from gaming? absofuckinglutely

F**KING THIS!!!!!

Around the Network

So people say Sony cares more about money than gamers... but some gamers say otherwise because Sony gives then so much... lets' see...

They take a loss at launch - yea of course they do it was already expensive, imagine if they weren't. If they want to sell their machine they have to price it so people can buy it. It wasn't such a good decision since all they tried to do after the launch was to lower the price so people can start buying the thing then the games. The PS3 today isn't what it was at launch and at launch it was a better machine. I wouldn't say Sony cared for gamers for that point.

They don't charge for PSN - well it isn't as good and implemented as the competition if they want people to use it they have to be as good if not better if they were going to charge. Not charging also means, it'll always be behind.

They build an impressive exclusive dev team - It's not like they had a choice. 3rd party games perform and sell better on the other HD console and it makes their console look bad. Also the least powerful of them 3 has casuals in a bag. All that remains are the hardcore so they try to be better than the other two in that area. Good for them that's where they can earn money... yes!

They let devs experiment - well their devs can't produce a high profile game that sells to the masses so of course they'll let them come up with new things. To me this is good.

Sony do what they can to earn money just like the other two. They're not better at it though.

Like what ive said before:

If Sony cared, they would have given free Ps3s to the people in Africa.

Yay!!!

Don't really care what others say but yes they do. Continuosly giving the best games on a frequent basis, releasing new hardware, peripherals etc for me that's all I can ask as a gamer, and that's what Sony keeps giving. Obviously yes, supernormal profits and market share are the main goal but at least they try. They wouldn't be willing to take such a hit on the vita and ps3 if they didn't care.

Globally No
In Poland - hell yes - in Poland we had official PSN years before live and it has like 99% of UK content unlike Polish Live! which still misses crapload of content.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I know some people would like to say they don't, for obvious reasons, but I honestly think they do. It seems people are misreading the question as "Are SONY angels that care more about customer satisfation than profit."

Taking a ridiculous loss on the PS3 hardware, offering PSN for free, free games after the PSN outage, putting huge funding into their 1st party devs. While some of it may be down to stupid mistakes and trying to cling onto customers, Microsoft or Nintendo would have definitely not gone to those lengths for their consumers.

Does SONY care more about their customers than their profit margins? No. Do they care about their customers more than Nintendo and Microsoft? Yes.

Sony cares to cultivate a certain image that a certain segment of the market is particularly receptive to, but that is true for all companies

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Why would anyone think that.

Yes of course. They are loving and caring. Like a mother.

Sony's entire presence in the video game market has been about taking market share from their competitors. They care to the extent that anyone who only buys Sony consoles is helping them achieve their goal.

VGChartz