By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony Care More About Their Gamer's Then Microsoft and Nintendo...

Does Sony Care More About Their Gamer's Then Microsoft and Nintendo...

Yes 283 46.85%

No 321 53.15%

Total:604

if sony cared about the gamers they would never of brought the psn pass into play. This is why I will NEVER EVER buy a NEW Playstation product ever again. I do not support customer milking.

Around the Network

Sony cares a lot about gaming, I would even say almost as much as Nintendo (Which means a lot considering they have their hands into about 1000 other industries. ) However, at the end of the day they care about Synergy of their products and dominating the living room more than you personally or any other gamer.

They're smart enough to realize that by including a high quality movie, music player in every console that they slowly are accomplishing this. (A very intelligent strategy). And they also realize that Video games are already well on their way to taking over culture similar to movies or movie theatres in terms of Cinematic production, story-telling and gross immersion (Probably even moreso than movies).

The problem for them is becoming competitive in the TV market again. Not over-priced and bloated.

No, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo care about making money. Their business models, demographics, and intended market appeal be appear different, but at the end of the day they are corporations with one goal, make more money then last year. Fans of each console and it's respective library of games would all argue that their company of choice treats them better then their rivals, but it's all about taste. If you like Halo you're going to say Microsoft cares about you and gives you what you want. If you love God of War you're going to say it's Sony. If you love Mario or Zelda you're going to say it's Nintendo that treats you best.

Seece said:
BasilZero said:
Nope, thanks to the growing technology and the road which Nintendo has made with wireless motion controls, their gonna want to target more than just "hardcore" gamers.

Overall, in truth they care about the money rather than the enjoyment and satisfaction of the average gamer.

Wouldn't even say they care about money much, continue to cut hardware when they should be looking for other methods to spur on growth, persist with trying to make their 7 straight year loss tv division a success, amongst other things.

I think Sony cares about marketshare, market presence and mindshare most of all. That's what their actions suggest anyhow.

You can't make a profit on high end tvs in an age where economies are in the shithole, and disparity is higher than it ever was. Rich people, despite having millions upon millions, only buy as many tvs as a person who makes 100k

ThePS3News said:

Sony has always been trying there hardest to have the "Most Powerful" platform on the market since they entered the gaming industry. They have suffered losses from both the PS2, PS3, and now PS Vita due to craming in so much tech and specs at lauch in their platforms.

Sony also does not make their consumers pay for their online service like the "other guy" does and has promised that psn will remain free. Weather or not its infearior or not is still debatably...

Sony also has arguably the best first party development team out of the "Big 3" and they show no sign of not slowing down in getting more developers to join SCE.

With Sony having lost billions on the PS3 and now losing money on the PS Vita, Do you think Sony is being too generous to thier consumers willing to keep investing in 1st party studios and continue to lose money on thier platforms to give their consumers the best possible gaming expernice??? 

This is a very simple NO. Let's try to be objective here.

1. PS1 and PS2 were, respectively, each the LEAST powerful systems of their generations, not the most. PS1 was less powerful than N64 and Saturn, but had better marketing and better software support--Sony courted 3rd parties away from Nintendo which, at the time, had become incredibly arrogant, creating a perfect storm of opportunity for Sony to lure them away. PS2, likewise, was less powerful than either Gamecube or Xbox. Yes, it lost money, but only briefly. After the first year or so, it was profitable and remained so through the rest of its lifespan.

2. PS Vita. It's unlikely that Sony is losing money on Vita, actually. It has no built in storage, no optical drive, and it uses fairly standard smartphone components, merely in a quad core variation (which will become increasingly common throughout 2012). If they're losing money, it isn't much, and it won't be for very long.

3. Sony's online service isn't paid because it offers fewer features and is less capable than Xbox Live. I'm an owner of PSP and PS3, as well as Xbox 360, and there really is no comparison between the quality of services, and 360's stands head and shoulders above PS3/PSP's. You get what you pay for, as they say. I love that PSN is free, but it's just not on the same level. I wish it were.

4. Sony's losses on PS3 were not intentional, they were not "generosity." They were the product of errors in their stretegy this generation.

5. Sony's first and second party studios are unquestionably top notch. That's not a mark of generosity, though, it's an acknowledgement that great games are likely to sell more copies. Simple as that :).

Sony doesn't care about you. Neither does Microsoft. Neither does Nintendo. They care about selling products, turning a profit, and creating the kinds of products they like to create. That's as simple as it gets. Don't be offended by it--every living thing on this planet is and must naturally be driven to pursue its own best interests first. That's just the way the world works. When we come to a situation where our interests overlap, we can share some awesome experiences :).

Around the Network

It's a complicated relationship. She loves me but she keeps taking my money... I think about leaving often but we do have some amazing moments. Plus the sex is so good.

4 ≈ One

ThePS3News said:

Sony has always been trying there hardest to have the "Most Powerful" platform on the market since they entered the gaming industry.

Wait, what? Wasn't PS2 'weaker' than both XBox and Gamecube?

And thats your first line.

Well not so much in latinamerica, I would say. I was thinking about getting a vita at launch and then Sony announced the price...
Vita is going to be available on feb 22nd (nice) but they are only selling a "limited" version. Includes the wifi Vita, modnation racers, a 4 gig card & a "vita hard case" all just for $586... I dunno now. I can not import it from the US either, because even if the price is $250 I would need to add a 50% import tax to that, so a $375 vita with no games or memory card... Bad times.

http://www.nacion.com/2012-01-10/Tecnologia/PlayStation-Vita-de-Sony-llegara-el-22-de-febrero-a-Costa-Rica.aspx

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
Well not so much in latinamerica, I would say. I was thinking about getting a vita at launch and then Sony announced the price...
Vita is going to be available on feb 22nd (nice) but they are only selling a "limited" version. Includes the wifi Vita, modnation racers, a 4 gig card & a "vita hard case" all just for $586... I dunno now. I can not import it from the US either, because even if the price is $250 I would need to add a 50% import tax to that, so a $375 vita with no games or memory card... Bad times.

http://www.nacion.com/2012-01-10/Tecnologia/PlayStation-Vita-de-Sony-llegara-el-22-de-febrero-a-Costa-Rica.aspx

Damn, sorry to hear that!

They should at least give you the choice of a Vita package which you could buy for a more affordable amount.

No, not at all. Sony, MS, and Nintendo all care the same for their consumers, to say one cares more is silly. Just because Sony released more first party games out in 2011 doesn't mean Nintendo and MS care less for their gamers. Right now Nintendo is putting most of it's focus in 3DS and Wii U, while MS is gearing up for the next Generation as well and focusing on Kinect. If you didn't notice MS opened four new game studios and bought Twisted Pixel in 2011.