Forums - General Discussion - Obama loses in the November 2012 election, now what? Hypothetically speaking....

Here is a Hypothetical question. What happens when and if Obama loses?

Does anything change? Presidential candidates always say a lot of speeches and what-not when they are campaigning, but what do they ever do that is different than the last guy in charge? Bush put us in Debt, and so did Obama! As an example we wasted billions of taxpayer dollars on the auto industry. Recently Chevy recalled ever last one of it's new Volt electric car because it catches fire!

Bush sent us to war, and so did Obama! Obama just happened to be lucky enough to be able to close the war in Iraq down, but Bush also downgraded the troop level over there. Recently we have sent troops a few times to countries to help with Wars and skirmishes.

Both Presidents had problems with Disasters. Both Presidents seemed to cause more harm than good.

So where does this leave us? What is Ron Paul or Romney or even Gingrich going to be able to actually do that is different?

Look at the Greece Debacle. It has taken mulitple countries, commitees, etc to even begin to deal with that horrible situation, and it still is not enough it seems. What is one President going to be able to do for Americans? We have a horrendous debt, Social security is being threatened, unemployment is running rampant, Cities are failing, states are failing, corruption is everywhere, we over spend, and on and on and on.

Would it not be more Prudent for America and even the World to just vote Obama since he is already in office? Yes he looks tired, and yes he loves the spotlight. But do we really need to switch Presidents in the middle of what is going on right now?

I am not convinced either way yet to be honest. What do you all think?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

I don't know. I honestly and truthfully do not know and that scares me.

I'm trying to get to know Ron Paul and his policies. He looks like a very solid candidate and if I had to vote right now, it would go to him.

However, I cannot vote and from the looks of things, I will never get to vote.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

We're screwed no matter who's in office.

Either one of three things could happen.

1. The World Ends due to the Mayan Prophecy (oh noes)
2.Obama Wins (Current Dilemma continues)
3. Republican Nominee wins (Ron Paul = 3rd time is a charm!?! or Insert other Republican Nominee = OH HERE WE GO AGAIN OOOH YA).

Basil's YouTube Channel

The thing about Obama winning this time, its so different from 2008.

In 2008 he was elected based on the hype that he would be a history altering President.

Now in 2012, few are excited to see four more years of Obama but are more worried about the other side.

For the American people, picking Obama in 2012 will be an example of picking the best of the bad.

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:

In 2008 he was elected based on the hype that he would be a history altering President.

Now in 2012, few are excited to see four more years of Obama but are more worried about the other side.

For the American people, picking Obama in 2012 will be an example of picking the best of the bad.

Or better yet put it as "Pick your Poison" xD

Basil's YouTube Channel

America is saved

lordmandeep said:

Ron Paul actually looks like he would be a good president. At the very least he is the only anti-war republican, wants to fix the US debt problem (one of his proposals is basically to phase out the US Federal Reserve which would immediately cut $1.6 Trillion from the US debt and save Billions in interest payments each year), he wants to reduce the size of goverment and he believes that winning allies via trade and talking is a better strategy than using sactions, military power and threats. 

All this is ignoring that he predicted the dot com burst and was called insane, he predicted the housing market burst and massive bail-outs and was called crazy, he predicted that the US would fund the bombing of the Gaza strip and would pay for its re-contruction and more.

Ofcourse no one is perfect, and politicians are worse than most and Ron Paul wants to get rid of federal income tax, shutdown the CIA (moving there important work to other government bodies), shutdown the department of education (handing control of education over to the states) and a few other idea's that seem foolish to me.  Not to mention that he actually needs to get this stuff through the US congress which looks to be extremely difficult (though he could veto a bunch of stupid legislation).

Ron freakin' Paul.

Not much. 2012 is going to be a contentious, narrow election, and whoever emerges is going to have a clear mandate (fix the economy) but in an environment that's incredibly confused about how to do it, which will lack any sort of consensus on the direction economic adjustments should take

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.