By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EGM: Wii is a 1/10 console in 2011 and I agree

Tagged games:

I only bought one game for the wii this year because of the lack of compelling software, so I must agree.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Depends on where you live.

Worldwide it's not been THAT bad, it's just been absolutely terrible if you're American.

America - 2/10
Europe - 4/10
Japan - 5/10

I don't completely agree, therefore I somewhat disagree.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

BasilZero said:

Nintendo might of gotten away with the sales for the Wii Console, but that was because their system attracted a new audience of people/customers.

In terms of software sales, they did poorly imo, ya their first party titles sold alot but their third party software sucked so bad , it wasnt even that funny.

Along with that, they had no attempts to patch up their security of their system, that by the time 2010 hit, the amount of piracy and modding for the Nintendo Wii increased alot more than the PS3/Xbox360 piracy problems.

Edit: Out of all the generations that passed in the last 15 years, I would say the Wii had the worst collection of games. Yes I think the N64 and GCN had a better library than the Wii, although the Wii library could be compared to the N64, the N64 had a bit better third party software than the Wii. SNES still has the best overall gaming library out of all the Nintendo home consoles.

I thought i was the only one who thought this. The only thing i disagree with is the N64 part, it didnt get a bit better 3rd party support, it got alot better support. At least the ports they were getting were on par with the PS1 versions(minus voice work?) cant say the same for Wii.

sales2099 said:
Wii won this gen. Theres no reason to pump out more games

That's such an ignorant statement, if they pump out more games they lose revenue.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:
sales2099 said:
Wii won this gen. Theres no reason to pump out more games

That's such an ignorant statement, if they pump out more games they lose revenue.

err arent you basically agreeing with him or dont you mean if they dont pump out o.O?

Whoops thanks for finding the typo lol!

As a fan of nintendo since the early 90's I'm always surprised when people seem shocked that nintendo leave large gaps when no games seem to be released. They've been pulling this shit for years esp close to the release of their new consoles.
They never change and I doubt they ever will.

mushroomboy5 said:
As a fan of nintendo since the early 90's I'm always surprised when people seem shocked that nintendo leave large gaps when no games seem to be released. They've been pulling this shit for years esp close to the release of their new consoles.
They never change and I doubt they ever will.

I think since the Wii is more popular than the GC or N64 that they would do like Sony and keep the Wii around for a while after their new console launched. 

Every single person complaining about Nintendo's lack of games for the Wii right now is hereby banned from complaining about the Wii U's launch lineup.

You can't have it both ways.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Every single person complaining about Nintendo's lack of games for the Wii right now is hereby banned from complaining about the Wii U's launch lineup.

You can't have it both ways.

umm who is complaning about Wii U's launch line up? We dont even know it yet