By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's inevitable that the announcement of a "coloured" (although it's more likely to be a gem, but you know what I mean) Pokemon game will appear within the next year or two. This could be great for the 3DS- and there are of course many exciting directions that they can take the series with the new handheld.

Discuss what you want to see in the next Pokemon game here :)

Points to consider:

- Predict a name for the next Pokemon games :p

- Will this provide a substantial hardware boost to the 3DS?

- When do you think Pokemon 3DS will be announced / released?

- Will you be buying it?

- Do you think that it will incorporate something like what we've seen in Pokedex 3D? Ie. 3D battle sprites?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

They should get Pokemon Gray/Grey out for next holiday at the least, if not an all new Pokemon.

I lost interest in them after they hardly ever changed between games, that and i grew up.

user was moderated for this post - Machina

- Predict a name for the next Pokemon games :p

- Will this provide a substantial hardware boost to the 3DS?

- When do you think Pokemon 3DS will be announced / released?

- Will you be buying it?

- Do you think that it will incorporate something like what we've seen in Pokedex 3D? Ie. 3D battle sprites?

Pokemon Grey

Hell yes

Announced over the next few months, released late 2012/early 2013 depending on region

Yes

No, but 3D graphics will run amuk.

Love and tolerate.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the same, I'm soooooo used to the good 'ol classic pokemon.

Around the Network

Well im positive the pokedex models from the 3ds app will be what we will be using. I just hope they up the animations and add better stories.

1. Either Pokemon Gray or something like..... eh, I don't really know.

2. Of course it will! That's what made me buy a NDS when I was little ;)

3. Of course it will be leaked from CoroCoro and then be shown off at either a Nintendo Conference or TGS

4. OF COURSE!!! :D

5. Meh, maybe, at least I wish they will!

Pokemon Brown and Grey seem like good new names.

Don't they?

I'm sure they'll stick with the 2D-ish top-down view for regular gameplay, but I really do hope they'll go for all-out 3D battles (like in the N64 Stadium games). They could even use those models from the 3DS's Pokedex app-thingie, those look magnificent! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

I'm sure they'll stick with the 2D-ish top-down view for regular gameplay, but I really do hope they'll go for all-out 3D battles (like in the N64 Stadium games). They could even use those models from the 3DS's Pokedex app-thingie, those look magnificent! :)

Sorry to break up your dream but

On why the game uses 2D sprites for Pokemon…

“One of the reasons for sticking with the 2D Pokemon images is, with the 2D, it really depends on who draws it. There’s a lot of personality that’s drawn from the 2D images, whereas with 3D, it’s the same model used for everything, so the personality doesn’t really come out. One of the reasons we’ve stuck with 2D is to get a more individual feel with it.”

Source

In seriousness I expect the games continue the BLack and White direction. With more pokemon and seeing only new pokemon at first. With more focus on online. I expect it to be in sprites with more presentation.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

The new Pokemon games will be Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Less Brown.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.