By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
killeryoshis said:
Cheebee said:

I'm sure they'll stick with the 2D-ish top-down view for regular gameplay, but I really do hope they'll go for all-out 3D battles (like in the N64 Stadium games). They could even use those models from the 3DS's Pokedex app-thingie, those look magnificent! :)

Sorry to break up your dream but

On why the game uses 2D sprites for Pokemon…

“One of the reasons for sticking with the 2D Pokemon images is, with the 2D, it really depends on who draws it. There’s a lot of personality that’s drawn from the 2D images, whereas with 3D, it’s the same model used for everything, so the personality doesn’t really come out. One of the reasons we’ve stuck with 2D is to get a more individual feel with it.”

Source

In seriousness I expect the games continue the BLack and White direction. With more pokemon and seeing only new pokemon at first. With more focus on online. I expect it to be in sprites with more presentation.

Yeah well, before they've had technically limited machines to work with, making it impossible to pull off 3D battles (well, maybe they could've done it on the DS, but it wouldn't have looked so hot, lol). Now they have the 3Ds to work with. The name of the system alone should be enough to convince them to at least give it a try. Besides, that last sentence that you quoted said that personality argument was only ONE of the reasons. I see no reason why they couldn't do it now. It's not like it would make the game worse. Quite the opposite, in fact. In all honesty, the whole 'oh, but it won't look as nice if we do it in 3D' argument you mentioned seems like a load of crap, pardon my French. It doesn't even add up, I mean, when 3D images are used they'd look more lively and individual than the static 2D sprites they've been using up till now. Besides, 3D models are created by humans, same as sprites, so there's absolutely no way, no way at all, they'd have to look less individual than sprites. That's just like saying Toy Story is generic and has no personality, while, say, Tom & Jerry is not, because they're 2D hand-drawn catoons. It's nonsense.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

That 3DS Pokedex should be a good indicator that they have a treat in store for us, those models are gorgeous.

>Even greater online functionality: Black/White was a step in the right direction but they need to be even more adventurous in their implementations.

>Some more depth to the combat: Unless I missed something, Black/White added nothing other than 3v3 battles to combat. We need some more depth, there is too much disparity between pokemon in battles where the community has to create their own tournament tier lists to keep matters in check. I'm not saying I want to see a Butterfree take out a Metagross, but you should know what I mean. Something along the lines of Pokemon Abilities. The dream world abilities added a nice touch, such as Blaziken's new teachable ability making it just as viable as Infernape etc. but they need to go further.

>Far too formulaic: How many times can we go to the gyms and stop a bunch of pokemon fundamentalists or thieves. Keep the gyms in, but mix the story up a bit by adding a plethora of contests and areas. Ash had so many events and tournaments that weren't in the games, why not do the same for the games. Remember the Orange islands?

They may stick with an isometric view but they have been moving to 3D models in the last titles. And see that sat down and make detailed 3D models for the Pokedex app for the 3DS, it does seem likely they may go with a Pokemon Grey. But for the first new gen I'm guessing they will go "view" name instead of colors to fit with the 3D aspect.

And yes it will cause a sales spike. All main Pokemon games so far have caused it for their handheld platform so far.

BasilZero said:
If they make it 3D, they would of have to remake the whole game system, I think their just recycling the same system but improving he interface and all.

I dont mind the same interface though, loved it was one of the most favorite aspects of the series.

Do you mean interface by battling interface ? Becuase if so, all they have to do is use the interface they did with Pokemon Colosseum.

i have played every single pokemon game and i must say i am tired of all the new pokemon. the 5th gen pokemon were weird and repetitive. I seriously wish they would make a 5 region 40 badge game, or make new regions but no new pokemon. i'm okay with the same old top down view and old battle style.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Pokemon Brown and Grey seem like good new names.

Don't they?

I'm sure they'll stick with the 2D-ish top-down view for regular gameplay, but I really do hope they'll go for all-out 3D battles (like in the N64 Stadium games). They could even use those models from the 3DS's Pokedex app-thingie, those look magnificent! :)

Real Pokemon games for real gamers! :D

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm looking forward to improved online functionality - the new friends list makes it automatically better

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

OK.

Points to consider:

- Predict a name for the next Pokemon games :p pOKEMON gREY WILL BE NEXT pOKEMON -

- Will this provide a substantial hardware boost to the 3DS? YES MUCH MORE THAN mh3

- When do you think Pokemon 3DS will be announced / released? GREY WILL BE aNNOUNCED THIS YEAR RELEASED THIS HERE JAPAN NEXT YEAR REST OF THE WORLD!

- Will you be buying it? NO

- Do you think that it will incorporate something like what we've seen in Pokedex 3D? Ie. 3D battle sprites? YES IT WILL INCORPORATE POKEDEX 3D GREY VERSION. 0

NEXT ORIGINAL POKEMON GAMES WILL BE:

RAINBOW and MONO!

Switch!!!

- Predict a name for the next Pokemon games :p
Pokemon Lilac and Moose :D

- Will this provide a substantial hardware boost to the 3DS?
You better believe it.

- When do you think Pokemon 3DS will be announced / released?
This year, either at E3 or a Nintendo conference in Q3/Q4

- Will you be buying it?
You better believe it.

- Do you think that it will incorporate something like what we've seen in Pokedex 3D? Ie. 3D battle sprites?
They have to attempt to move the franchise forward visually. They now have a portable capable of doing some nice 3D graphics so this has to be incorporated some way. Animal Crossing style mix between 2D and 3D perhaps.

I think the 3ds installment should start from scratch, and not allow you to carry over older pokemon.
i know most people will think im crazy for this, but i think its a neccessary reboot for the franchise, just like the transition from GB to GBA