By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect Vs. Move: One Year Later

smroadkill15 said:
What a Muffed up list. For one Def jam and PGA12 don't even have kinect compatibility. Second LBP2 and Forza 4 both have a 91 rating not 90. If they got simple stuff like that wrong I can't take this data seriously.

Def Jam Rapstar does support Kinect (was patched after release)

Kinect support for PGA Tour 12 however was cancelled as far as I know. The next game will have Kinect integration just like all EA Sports games I think.

Around the Network

Don't know how I feel about that data. Numbers don't lie but in this case, they're not exactly painting a vivid picture.

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

coolbeans said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Its because people have already tried controller-motion with the wii... and kinect appealed more because of its first controller-free theme...

Well you gotta give that credit to the Eyetoy. But Kinect is in a different ballpark park than Eyetoy.

Move is definitely perceived as a Wiimote clone. Worst of all it has little to offer that demonstrates how its superior to the Wiimote.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the eyetoy is where it all began...

Thanks man

Actually, no.  If we're going to play that history game we have to consider that octogan Sega made.  I don't remember the name but some posters should know what I'm talking about.

You're talking about the Activator.

People who think the Eye Toy is some incredible camera needs to learn more about cameras. The Eye Toy is nothing more than a regular camera, one that was available on PCs way before PS2. Movement tracking through digital cams began in the 80s if I remember correctly but I could be wrong, all I know is that it all appeared before the 16bits era. Tracking movements in 3D is something else though, if I remember correctly, it all appeared in the 80s too but at a ridiculous cost and the technology behind it was way different. I should do some research actualy.

Some believe that Sony, Apple and Nintendo refused the technology from Primesense because it wasn't good but I believe that they realised it would cost way too much to operate. Microsoft saw big in Kinect and they were right. Games is only the beginning, soon it'll be used on tv shows where tvs will come with the technology, cars, planes, houses, everything that needs controls. Brag all you want about it how better Move is but soon enough games will greatly benefit from Kinect. 3D without glasses can be achieved with this technology and look for it next gen when every xb 720 comes with it by default.

Barozi said:
smroadkill15 said:
What a Muffed up list. For one Def jam and PGA12 don't even have kinect compatibility. Second LBP2 and Forza 4 both have a 91 rating not 90. If they got simple stuff like that wrong I can't take this data seriously.

Def Jam Rapstar does support Kinect (was patched after release)

Kinect support for PGA Tour 12 however was cancelled as far as I know. The next game will have Kinect integration just like all EA Sports games I think.

I didn't know it was patched later on. My mistake.

I know the next PGA game will have kinect support, same with Madden and all the other EA sports games next year. 

Around the Network

The only problem I see is that for most of these optional games, the new controls are an added feature... unlike on wii where the controller controls were the added feature, so it kinds of voids the "optional" part of this data for me. (Especially on games as 2k11 and 2k12, that can't be getting much from move if my experience with Mario sports mix is any tell).

The required part however shows that the market does favor kinnect, or that at least, MS has put in a.much. larger effort.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

Socom 4

Yay!!!

Seeing some faulty things in the list.

Their are actually 123 move games not 110 :P and almost none of the genre colums are correct numbers.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Nsanity said:

This was out before the Eyetoy was it not?

It didn't have motion games though.

The context was using a camera for control free gaming.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)