By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ghostly experiences?

Tagged games:

One time when I was outside the house, my two little brothers who were alone inside saw a guy in a long dark coat walk down the hallway and walk through one of the bedroom doors.

They both saw the exact same thing so they were pretty freaked out.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
it was your sister in the house or just her knocking on the window.

nah, it was her knocking the window

Play4Fun said:

One time when I was outside the house, my two little brothers who were alone inside saw a guy in a long dark coat walk down the hallway and walk through one of the bedroom doors.

They both saw the exact same thing so they were pretty freaked out.

That literally sent shivvers up my spine!!!

man-bear-pig said:
nnodley said:
it was your sister in the house or just her knocking on the window.

nah, it was her knocking the window

ok thats what i thought.  Why was she knocking on  your window and not the door? Just wandering.

As soon as my sister came home the wierd shit stopped thankfully! Anyway, enough about me, post YOUR stories here!

Around the Network

My experience occurred last year- this is my own experience, and I have no reason to lie. I'm sure that there are logical explanations for what happened to me that night, but I am convinced that it was ghosts. You can't appreciate the thoughts behind those who believe in the supernatural before you've experienced an event yourself - it's crazy.

It turns out that the hotel that I was staying at was actually known for being haunted, but I didn't know about this until after I'd left the place- the rooms were very cheap (I guess I know why), and that's all that mattered to me. There's not much creepy atmosphere to this story, I'm afraid- it's just a normal hotel room in the countryside.

It was around 8pm when my wardrobe door slammed shut. I was very curious, since my window wasn't open- but I guess a breeze could have come from elsewhere.
However, at about 9/10pm, my friend came into the room (who was travelling with me) and told me that he genuinely saw a woman dressed in white walk across the corridor at the bottom of the stairs into the opposite room - he didn't think anything of it, until he noticed that she had no feet! Naturally scared, he didn't investigate any further, although I wasn't sure at the time whether he was joking with me (although he did look pretty serious).
The serious thing came at around midnight (what a great time for a ghostly occurrence) - I know the time, because I was asleep when my alarm clock started beeping. Half-asleep, I tried to work out why it was going off now, since I'd set it for 7am, when I realised that it was beeping in MORSE CODE - this is for real, I was terrified xD I learnt afterwards that there is a ghost in the place called the "Admiral" who enjoys messing around with alarm clocks.
Of course, I was half asleep, and I could have not been thinking right, but I know what happened that night, and that's enough for me. I heard that spirits can latch onto people, but I haven't had any similar experiences since :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
My experience occurred last year- this is my own experience, and I have no reason to lie. I'm sure that there are logical explanations for what happened to me that night, but I am convinced that it was ghosts. You can't appreciate the thoughts behind those who believe in the supernatural before you've experienced an event yourself - it's crazy.

It turns out that the hotel that I was staying at was actually known for being haunted, but I didn't know about this until after I'd left the place- the rooms were very cheap (I guess I know why), and that's all that mattered to me. There's not much creepy atmosphere to this story, I'm afraid- it's just a normal hotel room in the countryside.

It was around 8pm when my wardrobe door slammed shut. I was very curious, since my window wasn't open- but I guess a breeze could have come from elsewhere.
However, at about 9/10pm, my friend came into the room (who was travelling with me) and told me that he genuinely saw a woman dressed in white walk across the corridor at the bottom of the stairs into the opposite room - he didn't think anything of it, until he noticed that she had no feet! Naturally scared, he didn't investigate any further, although I wasn't sure at the time whether he was joking with me (although he did look pretty serious).
The serious thing came at around midnight (what a great time for a ghostly occurrence) - I know the time, because I was asleep when my alarm clock started beeping. Half-asleep, I tried to work out why it was going off now, since I'd set it for 7am, when I realised that it was beeping in MORSE CODE - this is for real, I was terrified xD I learnt afterwards that there is a ghost in the place called the "Admiral" who enjoys messing around with alarm clocks.
Of course, I was half asleep, and I could have not been thinking right, but I know what happened that night, and that's enough for me. I heard that spirits can latch onto people, but I haven't had any similar experiences since :)

It sounds to me like your friend was behind it all, although the morse code thing is pretty creepy.

I once stayed in a supposedly haunted hotel aswell, but thankfully it was uneventful for me. But my mum claims she woke up in the middle of the night (she says she may have been dreaming) and a bearded, ghostly man was crawling in one of the windows but couldnt quite fit and was reaching out towards her.

Also, according to my granny, when me and my brother were young we both said we saw a man in her garden, and we both described him in the same way but she couldnt see anything. and years later one of her friends was in the house and described the same person, but again my granny and her other friend couldnt see anything.

This is why I am hoping Wii U sells as good as the GCN. Then the console will get better 3rd party support unlike the Wii.

My great grandmother used to tell us ghost stories that supposedly happened to her when she was younger. I was probably ten years old or so when she told them, though.

-She told about the time she and her brothers were walking past a church when some guy in black was in graveyard. She said that her brothers told her to keep walking and not to look back. The guy followed them and kept tapping her on the hat until they got out of view of the church. When she looked back, nobody was there.
-She told another story about a ghost that grabbed her and pulled her under a house. In retrospect, that may have been a pedo-bear.

From personal experience:
-I tell this story every time one of these threads pop up. I was a cop and it was part of our job to check on businesses and churches after every thing quieted down in the county. Anyway, I had just gotten a DS. I used to always park at the airport and play Mario Kart DS online (free Wi-Fi!) instead of doing my job. That night, I was playing Advance Wars Dual Strike when I was supposed to be working. I parked in front of a church and played the game. In the rear view mirror, I saw a light behind me--in the graveyard. I looked back. There was nothing. I kept playing the game. Again, I saw a light in my rear view mirror. I didn't even look back. I put the car in drive and got the hell out of there!

-Second story: Putting a note in the door (which is how we proved we were actually checking the places we claim we check, after hours) of this old landmark building in our home town--supposedly the only place that survived when General somebody burned down our town during the Civil War. Saw that the door was partially open. I pushed the door but instead of opening, the door slammed closed. That was my cue to calmly get into my car and leave.

-Third story: Was at a church, putting a note into the door. As I was leaving the note, I heard something that sounded like a baby crying, only really loud. Maybe it was Obi Wan Kenobi, trying to scare away Jawas. Whatever it was, it was enough for me to get back to my car and get the hell out of there. I didn't even leave the note. I brought it back to the car with me!

I'm not a coward. I used to walk through a graveyard at night (around midnight) to get home from work when I lived in Atlanta. I don't believe in ghosts......but I don't fuck around with them, either!