By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

I like what Level1Death said, hahahahahah!

Around the Network

like JEMC said I doubt it's more than 350 at launch

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

Personally see it $399. Which is around my price range, given I might drop $499 (I did for the 360 and PS3), if the games are good.

Did they not learn anything from the 3DS launch and what happened to the PS3?

I feel like someone's trolling.

Seece said:

Well that's not the audience that made the Wii a success, neither is it the one that buys core games ...

I guess Nintendo have realised that a controller with a screen in it isn't anywhere near as easy to sell to casuals as the Wii was though (hence why they're desperatly trying to appeal to other audiences)

They're also making the grave mistake of thinking Wii is going to be remotely desireable after WiiU launch, the thing is declining rapidly 0_o

Followed by a horrible marketing decision. I'm referring to its name. Wii U Wii U Wii U hahaha

Around the Network
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Personally see it $399. Which is around my price range, given I might drop $499 (I did for the 360 and PS3), if the games are good.

399 could be the highest it will go I suppose. Nintendo needs to really nail the next E3 presentation on the WiiU with some great games, features and most of all clairty which it lacked greatly this year..

the reason I say is that I'm certain MS will showcase the next xbox next year and chances are ps3 will do the same and it will come down to if each of them can impress their respective target audiences. Unlike with Wii, I honestly did not notice a 'buzz' on mainstream media about the wiiU..at least not yet. they have a big task on their hands next year, let's see how they handle it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

pre-emptive damage control is a tremendously bad sign, unless they're feeling they have no choice and have to hedge their bets against the poor dollar/euro to try to bolster their bottom line in the short run

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Awesome price. I'll take 5.

people who buy the Wii now are different than those who bought it at launch price. the same thing will happen with WiiU but it will be more expensive but not significantly more than the Wii price at launch but significantly higher than it is now.

its not going to be higher than 400$! remember what they said about not making the same mistake they did with 3DS

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

How did you get 600$ price tag out of that interview? Its not going to be near that