By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

I could afford one at $600.00 but I don't it'll be at expensive. Like with the PS3 though I'd probably wait for the price to drop unless there are some really good games on it. I agree with those who say it'll be closer to $350.00-400.00, it seems in line with the audience there going for without going overboard.

Pokemon Y FC: 1461-6202-2180

in-game name: Matthew

Around the Network

I have to think about that... *goes back into his champagne bath while smoking Stradavarius sigars*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Well, they might have lost another customer, seeing that I'll be in college when it releases and have ZERO disposable income.

Looks like some people were wrong when they said it wouldn't be over $300. I don't see them saying something like this if the price was going to be a mere $50 more than the Wii at launch. Maybe $100 more than the Wii would warrant this kind of talk, but considering how much the other HD consoles launched at, I'm guessing this is going to be more in line with $400.

Of course, if this is true, Nintendo will be making a big mistake. People who buy Nintendo (especially in recent history) buy them not only for their games, but also because of their pricing. They don't mind sacrificing power for a lower price. It seems next gen, though, they'll be be sacrificing power, without much back in the terms of price. I say this because I would imagine the NeXbox and PS4 are going to be launching for $400-$500, but with much more power compared to the Wii U.

RCTjunkie said:
Well, they might have lost another customer, seeing that I'll be in college when it releases and have ZERO disposable income.

Then you wouldn’t even be able to buy the Wii with its current price either

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Looks like some people were wrong when they said it wouldn't be over $300. I don't see them saying something like this if the price was going to be a mere $50 more than the Wii at launch. Maybe $100 more than the Wii would warrant this kind of talk, but considering how much the other HD consoles launched at, I'm guessing this is going to be more in line with $400.

Of course, if this is true, Nintendo will be making a big mistake. People who buy Nintendo (especially in recent history) buy them not only for their games, but also because of their pricing. They don't mind sacrificing power for a lower price. It seems next gen, though, they'll be be sacrificing power, without much back in the terms of price. I say this because I would imagine the NeXbox and PS4 are going to be launching for $400-$500, but with much more power compared to the Wii U.

Assumptions galore and an awful lot of insider knowledge you have there. Wii U is gonna be $400 and PS4/720 could be the same price yet vastly more powerful?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
hell i'm already broke, do i need to go into debt just to own a Wiiu?

lmao, that exactlt what I'm thinking, well said!

I expect the price to be between $300 & $350... Nintendo knows nobody but a few people (Like myself) would buy a console for that price.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

blkfish92 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
hell i'm already broke, do i need to go into debt just to own a Wiiu?

lmao, that exactlt what I'm thinking, well said!

lol. we know something ninty doesn't

$499.99 us i bet this well be starting price