By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Wii U is almost a year far from launch and Wii is already dying. Also, Nintendo isnt perceived as a luxury brand, and the 3DS drama proved it. With that market mentality, their plan can only go wrong.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Around the Network

Getting a second job would boost my income, and therefore make me more likely to be a 'consumer with higher disposable income'. Nintendo indirectly want me to get a second job to help me to afford to get a WiiU. I'm getting Deja Vu and in this case it isn't good.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I like what Level1Death said, hahahahahah!

I will be one of the three.

Well your lucky then. Because I doubt most people would pay above 500$ for a video game console including me, even though I am a gamer.

Mr.Ashtear said:

Wii U is almost a year far from launch and Wii is already dying. Also, Nintendo isnt perceived as a luxury brand, and the 3DS drama proved it. With that market mentality, their plan can only go wrong.

Nintendo has been dying since the nes and their next console is always their last one :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i think the wii-u, will cost $399.99 at launch or slightly higher at $449.99 at the worst case scenario.
either way i am gonna buy 2 systems at launch.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

If you cant afford the asking price for the system, then dont buy and wait for price drop, no need to get upset about it. If Ninty feels it should sell for 350-400 then thats what they will sell for, and thats not even that bad. THey did say it wouldnt be cheap

This seems like a mistake to be honest.

If I want a expensive high end console to play core games on I'll wait for the Xbox 720 or PS4.

The notion that Wii will still well after this launches seems off, everyone already has one, as 360 and PS3 prices drop further, the Wii will only decline faster.

Also the tablet controller is something I'm still not convinced off.

I doubt it. I think It will be no more than $250.

people seem to believe nintendo can launch a console with a controller with a touchscreen, microphone, sensor bar, camera, mic, etc built in and still price it low

If it is going to be expensive I hope it has  higher specs than we currently know.