By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XIII-2 PS3 sells less than FF III on the Famicom

Tagged games:

It still could sell 1 mil in Japan, although it seems unlikely. if its as good as they say it will have sales momentium.

and its not a mainline entry, its a sequel to the worst recieved FF in the series. i dont know why people were expecting the second coming; they had 5 years with FF13, they wasted it. its not unaniticipated.

Around the Network

They need a VII remake on Vita/PS3 to revitalise the series.

Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:
I get the feeling that This'll do better on the 360 in the US.

You too huh?

Have you guys ever seen the pre-order chart? It's a nice tool not to make foolish predictions you know :P

Boutros said:
Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:

You too huh?

Have you guys ever seen the pre-order chart? It's a nice tool not to make foolish predictions you know :P

I'm talking about the 10k that the 360 got.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Runa216 said:

You've clearly not looked at the pre order chart

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Boutros said:
Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:

You too huh?

Oh but I don't think that's what Runa meant..

Boutros said:
Ajescent said:
Boutros said:
Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:

You too huh?

Oh but I don't think that's what Runa meant..

I know, I was trying to be a stealth troll O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

PS3 is doomed.

What are the Pre-Order charts saying?

Also, goddamn Square-Enix...how could a company responsible for some of my all-time favorite games fall so far from grace. I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII are all amongst my all-time favorite games, they did them so well...why did they have to not only make FFXIII as they did, but make a sequel? *sigh*

the formula is simple:

Great Characters + Great story x Great world-building + Linear / Nonlinear x sidequests + (Cid+chocobo+airships) +/- the addition of crystals = winner.

XIII had boring characters, a one-dimensional story, strict linearity with no exploration or sidequests, almost no chocobos, minimal airships, and Cid wasn't Cid. Nothing about this game was Final Fantasy, they could have literally made another mediocre JRPG and slapped chocobos, the name Cid, and the title "Final Fantasy" on it.

truth be told, I'm picking up XIII-2 because...well, I have some hope for it and 8 awesome games is enough to make me forgive them for XIII, but at the same time...wow.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
What are the Pre-Order charts saying?

Also, goddamn Square-Enix...how could a company responsible for some of my all-time favorite games fall so far from grace. I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII are all amongst my all-time favorite games, they did them so well...why did they have to not only make FFXIII as they did, but make a sequel? *sigh*

the formula is simple:

Great Characters + Great story x Great world-building + Linear / Nonlinear x sidequests + (Cid+chocobo+airships) +/- the addition of crystals = winner.

XIII had boring characters, a one-dimensional story, strict linearity with no exploration or sidequests, almost no chocobos, minimal airships, and Cid wasn't Cid. Nothing about this game was Final Fantasy, they could have literally made another mediocre JRPG and slapped chocobos, the name Cid, and the title "Final Fantasy" on it.

truth be told, I'm picking up XIII-2 because...well, I have some hope for it and 8 awesome games is enough to make me forgive them for XIII, but at the same time...wow.

The answer to your question is actully right in front of us....

the departure of Hinorobu Sakaguchi!!