By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/12 ~ 12/18

hatmoza said:
VXIII said:
hatmoza said:
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:

And there you have it folks, The proof FFXIII was garbage.

NEVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN

FFXIII was an excellent RPG, got excellent marks both from the press and the public and millions of people enjoyed it. And by the way, how do you explain that :

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88624/usa-preorders-chart-17-december-2011-the-old-republic/

Wow, you totally got me.

I mean, how am I supposed to win an argument when you link me to an article that once again proves America = World

I see, so now Japan = World ? xD

In a thread that has -2 sales figures for the Japanese market only, I stuck to the topic. FFXIII-2 did release in Japan, no? Am I missing something? Until American sales drop in it's irrelevant to mention America as it does not dictate the sales in Japan.

So yeah, Japan is the World of sales for FFXIII-2 sales for now. 

This has nothing to do with "sticking to the topic" , You just chose to ignore the fact that XIII-2 is ahead of XIII in the US, you could have just said that it is "irrelevant" to they guy who gave you the link. I agree BTW , preorders charts can be misleading.

Anyways, I agree that the franchise took a major hits in the last few years , not only because of XIII and XIV but also the terrible managing and blind decisions of SE as a whole, reaping what they sowed , which is awesome .. except that I'm worried about Versus :(

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Reasonable said:
hatmoza said:

And there you have it folks, The proof FFXIII was garbage.

FW JPN FFXIII(PS3) sales ~1.5m
FW. JPN FFXIII-2(PS3) ~ 0.5m

Over a million Japanese gamers passed on the sequel. That's impressive and I've found faith in the gaming community once again.

Reality hurts Squeenix. Maybe now you'll get the fuck off your high horses.

FFXIII really did seem to foul the nest.  Sounds like -2 has better reception though so it may see a bit of legs if word of mouth gets around it's okay.  Following on from the whole FFXIV debacle - not to mention very odd switched of apparent allegience between Sony/MS as they tried to appeal to East/West at the same time -  SE really have had a bumpy gen overall.

Wonder how -2 will fare in the West now?  And what this will mean for Versus - that's still in development right?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure -2 is much better than XIII, I just think 1 million gamers, Japanese gamers no less, deciding not to get the game on launch like they did with the first game speaks volumes at the trust SE has lost. I mean people have been losing hope for SE for a while now but it's finlly starting to show in their sales figures with these sales and XIV's as you mentioned. 

Oh I'm not a big FF fan really.  TBH FFXIII is the only one I've played and it was only okay.  I agree and was just noting that given it seemed to get quite well reviewed it shows how big the impact of FFXIII likely was on its sales.  I think SE really hasn't made good choices throughout the gen for the most part - and as you say the impact is showing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ethomaz said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
ethomaz said:
Crap numbers... FFXIII destroyed the FF reputation in Japan... and FFXIII-2 is a good game.

It's not just FFXIII. It's FF XIV as well.

I really have a feeling that a lot of peope are starting to lose confidence with SE this days. It's really sad what have SE become.

I agree... SE made so much mistakes this years.

This is definitely seems to be the case.  I expected FF13-2 to push the PS3 to about 100K, if not a little over.  But it's just like another member put it earlier, this is a sequel no one was asking for.  And while I'm sure some people liked FF13 and its characters, according to these numbers, it wasn't the majority of gamers.  Square really should have let Nomura and his staff work full time on finishing FFV13 (which seems to be the only FF game that people are looking forward to and that might be able to save the FF brand), instead of taking away much of his staff to help complete other SE projects. 

Also, I think it's time for SE to face it, they HAVE to fire Wada.  He is just making bad decisions left and right, as well as being unable to push any of his development teams to complete their projects in a timely fashion (while still being of good quality), and its really bringing the company down.  And even just recently, with it being so obvious where the vast majority of their fans lie (the Playstation), they continue to screw them over and release exclusive DLC for the 360.  This would be like Bungie's next game favoring the PS3 with exclusive DLC, even though the majority of their fans lie on the 360.

morenoingrato said:
Salnax said:
morenoingrato said:
menx64 said:
Good numbers all around, mario kart, MH3G & 3dland in a close race to reach 1 million... Vita looks a little bit low, but not bad at all. I expect 3ds and vita to sell very well this two coming weeks.
On another topic: Am I the only person here sad to see Zelda SS is not even in the top 20?...

No.

Nintendo fans are so hurt by that they are prettending Zelda never released.

We're comforted by the multitude of Wii games and by spots #2 to 5 on the list.

Why would I want those Wii games over Zelda?

I don't know about some of those other games, but Kirby games are awesome, and it seems like casuals love things like Just Dance.

Besides, Zelda isn't doing too badly. It's just a series that drops off a bit quickly in Japan, and requires a peripheral to boot. I expect it'll ultimately sell around 400,000 to 500,000, which would put it into the top 30 Wii games of all time over there. It's no Monster Hunter, but Japan loves their Kirby more and Zelda less than Westerners.

Love and tolerate.

Wow, what a horrible FF debut and disappointing PS3 numbers. TBH I didn't expect it to sell gangbusters , but I thought it'd do 80,000 at least.

Good Vita launch, but it needs to keep momentum going.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

HOLY SHIT FF13-BOMBA!!!

Vita outsold by 3DS in it's launch week. WTH happened to all the hype and expectations with the Vita? Bomba too?

Looks like Japan has chosen their handheld console for this gen, 3DS rising to heaven.  PS3 didn't even rise that much as i was expecting. LOL @ Wii. 

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Boutros said:
Hoping for legs for FFXIII-2 :/

Hopefully the Japanese will keep the game (since it's supposed to be better) and the used market won't kill it like it did with FFXIII.

Single player RPGs usually don't have legs. They are pretty front loaded in sales and once people finish it, they sell it off. Also considering how nice the used game market is in Japan, they will sell it off.  

Wait wait... 3DS above of Vita on launch? o.O wii only >4K below Ps3 on FF launch?? Did not expect that, for reals...

Wow, good thing the 3DS was already dead months ago....I wonder if MH will sell more than Mario Kart 7 in japan...

It looks like PS3 will come in last place this holidays and will most likely lose to the 360 as the gap between the two is only 800k now. Unless we get some adjustments for the U.S.A.and Europe.

menx64 said:
Good numbers all around, mario kart, MH3G & 3dland in a close race to reach 1 million... Vita looks a little bit low, but not bad at all. I expect 3ds and vita to sell very well this two coming weeks.
On another topic: Am I the only person here sad to see Zelda SS is not even in the top 20?...

lalalalala

I can heeeaaar youuu

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile