By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/12 ~ 12/18

pezus said:
hatmoza said:

And there you have it folks, The proof FFXIII was garbage.

FW JPN FFXIII(PS3) sales ~1.5m
FW. JPN FFXIII-2(PS3) ~ 0.5m

Over a million Japanese gamers passed on the sequel. That's impressive and I've found faith in the gaming community once again.

Reality hurts Squeenix. Maybe now you'll get the fuck off your high horses.

Doubt it. They probably made more money off FFXIII-2 than XIII considering the much shorter dev time, using an already completed engine etc.

I can see them making a profit, but if they're too focused on that profit to realize they lost 66% of their consumers in their most valuable region, Squeenix deserves to go under.

On a personal level, I want them out of the gaming industry.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Over a million Japanese gamers passed on the sequel. That's impressive and I've found faith in the gaming community once again.

When you put it like that...1 million is quite a drop.

ethomaz said:
Crap numbers... FFXIII destroyed the FF reputation in Japan... and FFXIII-2 is a good game.

And what did Square Enix announce this very day? An exclusive DLC for X360... Those idiots are looking down on the super majority of their fan base! They shouldn't be surprised to see sales collapse after having treated PS3 players like dirt for years. I'm playing FFXIII-2 right now and it is indeed a good game (like FFXIII by the way no matter what haters are barking), but SquareEnix is just damn losy as a publisher.

hatmoza said:

NEVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN

FFXIII was an excellent RPG, got excellent marks both from the press and the public and millions of people enjoyed it. And by the way, how do you explain that :

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88624/usa-preorders-chart-17-december-2011-the-old-republic/

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Yo_John117 said:
Wow 65k? Really? I guess that's what I get for taking advice from ethomaz

But still even before ethomaz tainted my prediction I thought it would do more than a 25k increase.

then you should be taking advice from myself

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4342336

Seece said:

65k for PS3, I swear PS3 was suppose to see massive gains in Japan this Q according to some?

i want PROOF! what type of gains? according to who? why didnt you call em out then or now? i believe its b/c you were unsure of the outcome yourself and afraid to put your word on the line, and once results are revealed do you then leave your snark comments

I can think of 3 people in my head right now (1 already called out in this thread) but no I'm not gonna name drop,

example of providing proof ie: also from the same link above

i noticed a perpetrator claiming that this week would be a tie between the two HDs (lol) b/c he assumed that JP would be in the 150k+ range,  i then immediately quoted him and stated what i thought the gaps would be around.   Shortly after being quoted myself i also responded to what JP numbers would be for the PS3, "i still think next week wont be a tie at all i doubt the FF bundle will do over 100k in JP im thinking HW will be a little higher than what it was for GT since SW sales shouldnt be much higher than GT" 

gt5 did 400k something and HW was also in the 60k range i believe. . .

Oh be quiet BHR, you really are full of it. I barely know anything about Japan sales so I don't bother making 'guesstimates' hence why I listen to what other people predict, further hence why PS3 did a lot worse than I expected. Post office, ethomaz and another guy all thought waay over 100k.

I don't put my word on the line unless I'm sure of it, unlike you I don't pick a number out of thin air and hope for the best.

damn there goes any hope of seeing any type of predicting or sale analysing from you in 2012, i had thought i'd see more from you after you starting writing sales related articles and with your recent successful 360>PS3 thread.

pezus said:

I don't see your prediction for Japan there. You also said you expect 360 to outsell PS3 by 500k+ next week (ending 24th Dec). Considering this week will have something like a 200-280k difference I'd say that's highly unlikely.

while i didnt provide no numbers, like MS does in there NPD i gave random hints

"doubt the FF bundle will do over 100k in JP im thinking HW will be a little higher than what it was for GT since SW sales shouldnt be much higher than GT"

about the 500k part we'll see about that next week or even when NPD releases Dec. sales, i dont think i will be off by a meaningful amount.  Many prior thought that since last week was 100k difference then this week would be closer or tie b/c of FF we are here now and its clearly mid 200k, they also assumed the week ending 24th would be around 300k gap between the two, in the end i may be incorrect but my claims will have not misinformed anyone based on the whole 360>PS3 in 2011 deal

Play Me

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:

NEVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN

FFXIII was an excellent RPG, got excellent marks both from the press and the public and millions of people enjoyed it. And by the way, how do you explain that :

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88624/usa-preorders-chart-17-december-2011-the-old-republic/

Wow, you totally got me.

I mean, how am I supposed to win an argument when you link me to an article that once again proves America = World

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

FFXIII really did seem to foul the nest.  Sounds like -2 has better reception though so it may see a bit of legs if word of mouth gets around it's okay.  Following on from the whole FFXIV debacle - not to mention very odd switched of apparent allegience between Sony/MS as they tried to appeal to East/West at the same time -  SE really have had a bumpy gen overall.

Wonder how -2 will fare in the West now?  And what this will mean for Versus - that's still in development right?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

hatmoza said:
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:

NEVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN

Wow, you totally got me.

I mean, how am I supposed to win an argument when you link me to an article that once again proves America = World

I see, so now Japan = World ? xD

hatmoza said:

Ah. So that's why no one has had to pay for FFXIV yet. Because Squeenix is all arrogant, not wanting to admit fault.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:

NEVER-SAY-THAT-AGAIN

Ignore hatmoza when it comes to these topics. He likes being divisive and getting a rise out of people. He also has awful taste.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.