By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/12 ~ 12/18

Love how the 3DS keeps blasting through those numbers and milestones! ;)

Around the Network

Wow 65k? Really? I guess that's what I get for taking advice from ethomaz

But still even before ethomaz tainted my prediction I thought it would do more than a 25k increase.

saicho said:
COMG redeemed since FFXIII-2 actually opened below ToX...

New Inazuma 11 is doing ok I guess. With movie (or anime) coming out this week and the normal seasonal lift, it should do well this week.

I think Inazuma had a good start considering this is the first game of the series on the 3ds. Most of the fanbase is still on the DS I'd imagine. My gf finally caved and wanted to get a 3ds to play the new Inazuma game. I'd imagine other people are the same way and will probably move to the 3ds soon to keep with the series. As you said the movie with help out as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I wonder if JP customers are getting a bit tired of the special edition consoles (after the big ToX). I've seen the Ni no Kuni PS3's languishing on shelves. I've also seen plenty of the FF13-X special edition consoles available for purchase. I remember when I bought my Lightning FF13 PS3 in 2009, I was lucky to be able to get one without a pre-order as they disappeared very quickly!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Wow and I completely missed that Vita came out this week.

Now compared to the 600k and above predictions for it it's a bomb but in reality it did damn fine. Not too far below what I predicted.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
What does everyone think about Inazuma? With the sales of both versions of Ninokuni taken into consideration, I can't help thinking that the 7th gen Level-5 honeymoon is over...

Well you should consider this game sold 50k below than Inazuma 3 FW, so it's not an important drop in sales. Also this game launched with a HEAVY competition in 3DS (Mario Kart + 3D Land + Monster Hunter = Threesome of Death(? ) and also the vita was launched. Even more, this game has a totally different story (20 years after inazuma I believe) with totally different characters. So considering all this, I think this game did just fine.

On a side note, Ni No Kuni was a flop that's for sure

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

wow...expected much more from PS3/PSV/ and FFXIII-2

FF is bad.

Vita and 3DS are great.

Baiters dont get banned.

VGC is great.

TUAoH (Teh Undead Army of Haters) is gloating now, but Sony has a mighty secret weapon to win when they least expect it: ADJUSTMENTS!     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Looks like FFXIII-2 won't sell a million ever in Japan.