By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/12 ~ 12/18

Im hoping FFXIII-2 has legs like Type 0, which had a FW of 0.49 but is currently at 0.72 after 7 weeks. It may have sold alot more had the Vita no come out the same week.

Amazing how far off the Preview was, youd think theyd be accurate.

Around the Network
Christian973 said:
pezus said:
Christian973 said:

HOLY SHIT FF13-BOMBA!!!

Vita outsold by 3DS in it's launch week. WTH happened to all the hype and expectations with the Vita? Bomba too?

Looks like Japan has chosen their handheld console for this gen, 3DS rising to heaven.  PS3 didn't even rise that much as i was expecting. LOL @ Wii. 

This reads like a sensationalistic headline. The day users look at 320k+ for two days as "bombing" is the day I facepalm thrice.

You're right the real test will be in these next two weeks and the weeks after january hits but it's a very poor launch regardless. PSVita was seen as the next saviour of portable handhelds and it had a lot of hype for 6 months. 

Yup launching way over the PSP is terrible.  Showing significant growth penetration vs your predecessor console in a market dominated by a rival vendor is a bomba.

The truth is if those are 2 day sales they are fine and show the Playstation brand for portable devices is in a better place now than when the PSP launched.  Now whether the Vita can maintain a good pace is another matter.  But as a launch that's solid growth over the PSP which is the real comparison - not the 3DS.  The comparison for the 3DS is - funnily enough - the DS.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

the vita did fine didn't it,the DS sold nearly twice as much as the PSP in japan so it should be doing better,it is mario time after all

i'm no expert on FF and i understand it hasn't met expectations but its done a third of FFXIII,what is it supposed to do, to make people happy,i thought it might sell a few more bundles for the PS3 though but surely soem people are buying a vita too

why isn't there a new Hot Shots golf for the PS3,i really want a new one as the other is quite old now and i was hoping they might be bringing a new one out,does anyone know if they are making a new one for the PS3 or not

and leave the preview alone,it is better than not having one at all

Above & Beyond

To all the people who want to argue FFXIII-2 sales are bad "because it's a spinoff and it was never meant to sell as good as the prequel." Nonsense! FFX-2 sold 1.6m first week in Japan. You know why? Everyone adored FFX.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

vita sales little disappointing

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Seems like the latest Zelda sold the worst in terms of Zelda sales...in Japan at least.

But let's see the positive side of the thing! With so few certainties in life, at least now we've got another one: now we know almost for sure what Reggie will do with the next Zelda game. Well, to be more precise, we know almost for sure what he WON'T do.  O 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BasilZero said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
BasilZero said:
Seems like the latest Zelda sold the worst in terms of Zelda sales...in Japan at least.

But let's see the positive side of the thing! With so few certainties in life, at least now we've got another one: now we know almost for sure what Reggie will do with the next Zelda game. Well, to be more precise, we know almost for sure what he WON'T do.  O 

Nah there wasnt anything wrong with the game itself, its just people chose not to get it I guess and wait because of the requirement for motion plus. There's honestly nothing wrong with the game, at least from my point of view.

Reggie is a pro, he just needs even the smallest excuse to troll American gamers!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

hatmoza said:

To all the people who want to argue FFXIII-2 sales are bad "because it's a spinoff and it was never meant to sell as good as the prequel." Nonsense! FFX-2 sold 1.6m first week in Japan. You know why? Everyone adored FFX.

Don't waste your breath.FF fans wil never understand FF13 was and is an abomination. 

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

hatmoza said:

Well it sold kinda low, but considering that:

a) It's a sequel

b) It's a sequel to one of the most dissapointing and hated FF game (personally the game met my expectations and it's great though)

c)Like someone said, nobody asked for this sequel

Considering this, I think the sales are ok

I still think this game will have legs, I mean it's usual that a sequel to a hated game will do poorly in sales, but IF Square is doing things right and XIII-2 becomes what XIII should have been, then I'm possitive the FF brand will recover.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Mordred11 said:
D-Joe said:
Seece said:
65k for PS3, I swear PS3 was suppose to see massive gains in Japan this Q according to some?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4350991 

Lol man,are you gonna post that in every sales thread?

Yes! Post, Post! Everybody need to know! 

Switch!!!