By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita launch week sales:321k

If it were not the holiday season in Japan, I would say these numbers are... ok. But this being the holiday season, these numbers are not good at all.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
naruball said:
That's quite bad in my opinion. Didn't psp do similar numbers last year just because of Monster Hunter? I don't understand how in their right minds Sony let the franchise go. It should have been a launch title. Oh well.

Who said anything about letting the franchise go?  The 3DS hasn't even been out a year and the Vita just came out, yet some people want to assume that Sony will never get another MH game?  That's just rediculous.

Why is everyone assuming Capcom won't release a Monster Hunter for Vita? Capcom loves money. BTW Decent numbers.

Vita's launch sales are fine.

Also the 3DS launch sales were excellent -- Nintendo even shipped ~3.2million units worldwide IIRC, it was the following quarter where sales dropped and Nintendo struggled to ship 700k units with the trend liking to follow for a third quarter that forced them to drop the price.

thismeintiel said:
naruball said:
That's quite bad in my opinion. Didn't psp do similar numbers last year just because of Monster Hunter? I don't understand how in their right minds Sony let the franchise go. It should have been a launch title. Oh well.

Who said anything about letting the franchise go?  The 3DS hasn't even been out a year and the Vita just came out, yet some people want to assume that Sony will never get another MH game?  That's just rediculous.

I still think that Sony should have paid Capcom for exclusivity, since MH did so well on the psp. Or at least make sure that they announce that a MH game is coming out at some point. Do you remember the jump in 3ds sales when Capcom announced a game for 3ds?

Around the Network
Galaki said:
naruball said:
 Sony let the franchise go

It's much more likely that Nintendo moneyhatted Capcom for it.

I agree with this, I just can't see how Capcom would put it on 3DS without Nintendo shelling out for it. (not that it's done bad, but I believe it would have done better on Vita given that is where the userbase is)

And don't give me this honour crap, as if it's below them to moneyhat.

Vita still has a wild card: Call of Duty. Lets wait how it does in the Americas and EU. Before that, I would say it is outrageous to call doom on it.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Seece said:
Galaki said:
naruball said:

I agree with this, I just can't see how Capcom would put it on 3DS without Nintendo shelling out for it. (not that it's done bad, but I believe it would have done better on Vita given that is where the userbase is)

It could still be a timed exclusive, yeah?  It would have to be a hell of a moneyhat to dissuade them from millions of potential sales.

Seece said:
Galaki said:
naruball said:

Eh no, if anywhere then the MH userbase was primarily on the PSP.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

yo_john117 said:
Acevil said:
yo_john117 said:
I think I predicted high 300k numbers so if these numbers are right then I wasn't too horribly far off. Can anyone confirm if that is a legit number?

Well it seems to be the enterbrain numbers. You will have to wait until Wednesday for Media Create numbers. 

Ok yeah I'll be waiting for Media Create numbers then since I've never heard of enterbrain.

They're Famitsu.

Also the Monster Hunter userbase will almost certainly migrate to whichever handheld gets the Monster Hunter games. I'm not sure there is a particular loyalty to a manufacturer amongst them.