Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita launch week sales:321k

its not first week its first 2 days ppl .........read properly



Around the Network
BanTiger said:
its not first week its first 2 days ppl .........read properly

It may be first 2 days of sale but it also equals first week.



M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
So the 500k sellouts + 200k extra was a lie?


sony never said it..nor did a reputable news source..just a rumor by one retailer who heard someone else say it..you get the drill


correct, sony only went so far... no mention of numbers.  The selling out of pre-orders means nothing, becasue pre-orders are always limited.

Sony Corp. (6758), the world’s second- largest video-game console maker, said it sold out the new PlayStation Vita portable player in pre-ordering in Japan.

“There were lines to make reservations for the machine at retailers,” Andrew House, chief executive officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, told reporters in Tokyo today. He declined to provide the number of orders.

 

what that has to do with our conversation? or is it a little rant on the side just for the heck of it or is there some sort of point you are trying bring across?

wtf are you talking about... I was backing you up!

jesus christ.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
So the 500k sellouts + 200k extra was a lie?


sony never said it..nor did a reputable news source..just a rumor by one retailer who heard someone else say it..you get the drill


correct, sony only went so far... no mention of numbers.  The selling out of pre-orders means nothing, becasue pre-orders are always limited.

Sony Corp. (6758), the world’s second- largest video-game console maker, said it sold out the new PlayStation Vita portable player in pre-ordering in Japan.

“There were lines to make reservations for the machine at retailers,” Andrew House, chief executive officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, told reporters in Tokyo today. He declined to provide the number of orders.

 

what that has to do with our conversation? or is it a little rant on the side just for the heck of it or is there some sort of point you are trying bring across?

wtf are you talking about... I was backing you up!

jesus christ.


I'm not trying to get on your case or anything, just trying to clarify. guess it was a misunderstanding on my behalf then, my apologies



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'm going to venture a guess and say initial shipment was 300k, and they shipped another 200k to equal 500k.
I'm also going to venture that 300k of these were 3g versions, and 200k were wifi, and the wifi was what was all sold out at launch.



Around the Network
Seece said:
Tridrakious said:
What is this site going to do about tracking digital sales. Vita is the first system to launch with a store that sells all retail releases in digital form and have an infinite number of PSN exclusive titles.

With Sony making a bigger effort to bring all of the retail PS3 games to the PSN and the 360 having its catalog of 360 retail releases on their Marketplace, how will this site keep up.

The only ones who will have the numbers will be Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. We'd only have reports at the quarter briefings.

Nothing? We don't track digital sales of other games, even ones we can track. But unless Sony ect reveal those digital figures I don't know what you expect.

It will be a hard thing to track. Even if NPD follow through on their promise, its ultimately going to be relying on the disclosure of the console manufacturers (who frankly have every self interest to not disclose every detail).



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Cant see much of the usage for the 3G model other than non-gaming purposes o.o.

Is there a specific option or type of game style for certain games on the Vita? Or is it just for multimedia purposes?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
Cant see much of the usage for the 3G model other than non-gaming purposes o.o.

Is there a specific option or type of game style for certain games on the Vita? Or is it just for multimedia purposes?

Playing multiplayer on the go, some reports mentioned that the 3G works very well for online  gaming , too lazy to look for them :p



VXIII said:
BasilZero said:
Cant see much of the usage for the 3G model other than non-gaming purposes o.o.

Is there a specific option or type of game style for certain games on the Vita? Or is it just for multimedia purposes?

Playing multiplayer on the go, some reports mentioned that the 3G works very well for online  gaming , too lazy to look for them :p


Oh I see, well that explains alot more than its needed I guess xD. Yeah with this generation mostly focusing on online gaming that would be a good feature for the Vita. Though for my tastes I'll stay with the wifi model ;x.

Also anyone heard about the full life time battery for the PSVita that costs over a thousand dollars o.o?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

VXIII said:
BasilZero said:
Cant see much of the usage for the 3G model other than non-gaming purposes o.o.

Is there a specific option or type of game style for certain games on the Vita? Or is it just for multimedia purposes?

Playing multiplayer on the go, some reports mentioned that the 3G works very well for online  gaming , too lazy to look for them :p


It really depends on the 3G network. However I think in the long run 3G model most likely isn't the best investment, and it would be better to either wait for the awesome 4G model (It most likely will come out) or get the Wifi Model.