By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita launch week sales:321k

Tridrakious said:
dany612 said:
Tridrakious said:
Blacksaber said:
Tridrakious said:
Isn't Monster Hunter 3DS just a port of a port?

Wouldn't a brand new Monster Hunter for Vita make much more of an impact than that?

And they are getting MH4....

I forgot about Monster Hunter 4. I wonder how much Nintendo spent to get Monster Hunter?

Why do people assume that if a company gets a certain game that it paid the publsiher? MH wasn't available on the DS because the DS was underpowered but now the 3DS is capable of producing adequate graphics under a more powerful handheld. Last time I heard MH4 wasn't EXCLUSIVE which means the Vita will get it later on the road...

Because that is what happens.

The 3DS needs megaton games. Monster Hunter has been a huge BOOM for PSP. The fact that the Vita is better equipped for a game like Monster Hunter, it suddenly jumps to the 3DS. 

Exclusives jumping to exclusive status on another system means the company got paid.

Let me see... They could reuse the Wii assets, or completely develop a new game. Yes, it makes complete sense to make a 3DS game. The companies want to earn money, they aren't interested in the fanboy wars.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
dany612 said:
theprof00 said:
Jumpin said:

I predict 5 million WW by the end of 2012.

That's umm really conservative. I say 8-9m.

Now you all are being too liberal!

I say 2 million by the end of 2012.

I'm guessing you meant 2012.. goddamn trolls everywhere

Who you calling a troll?

My sincere prediction is around 6-7 million.  But that depends on how the Vita is received in Americas/Europe

Tridrakious said:
Blacksaber said:
Tridrakious said:

Wouldn't a brand new Monster Hunter for Vita make much more of an impact than that?

I forgot about Monster Hunter 4. I wonder how much Nintendo spent to get Monster Hunter?

If I had to guess, they chose the 3DS because it would be cheaper to use the same graphics they've been recycling since the PS2 than give the series the full makeover necessary for a jump to HD.

Love and tolerate.

I predicted 250k.. a bit conservative i know, but not as far as most. I was definitely spot on by saying it won't go past 350k

Lucas-Rio said:

This is a good first week. Obviously people who thought that the Vita was going to do more were deluded.

The 3DS may very well be higher than the Vita in Vita's week launch.

So I'm deluded in thinking that a system released in the middle of the biggest shopping period of the year, with a superb launch line up and a genuine exclusive killer app that also happens to be a new entry in a major first party franchise, and much better hardware would, at minimum, outsell the 3DS's launch? Heck, even the price tags were the same!

Obviously, anything can happen. It's too early to predict doom, and it at least did better then the original PSP. Frankly though, I just expected bigger.

I would still be very surprised if the 3DS did better this week though.

Joining in the more current discussion, no idea how it might do by the end of 2012. Given Nintendo expects 3DS to do 16 million, I'd expect at least 9 million for Vita, taking into account it's higher price tag.

Around the Network

While these sales are below even my expectations, they are by no means bad, or even mediocre. People are blowing this way out of proportion

Salnax said:
Tridrakious said:
Blacksaber said:
Tridrakious said:

If I had to guess, they chose the 3DS because it would be cheaper to use the same graphics they've been recycling since the PS2 than give the series the full makeover necessary for a jump to HD.

That is true. With Vita they wouldn't be able to get away with using those same assets.

I only trust media crate when it comes for game sales tracking in Japan. So I have no comment

dany612 said:
theprof00 said:
dany612 said:
theprof00 said:
Jumpin said:

I predict 5 million WW by the end of 2012.

That's umm really conservative. I say 8-9m.

Now you all are being too liberal!

I say 2 million by the end of 2012.

I'm guessing you meant 2012.. goddamn trolls everywhere

Who you calling a troll?

My sincere prediction is around 6-7 million.  But that depends on how the Vita is received in Americas/Europe

I would say that would be a pretty poor reception.

Say, 300k in each region opening day is 1m.

Say it at least matches psp sales now during holidays, that's about 3 mil. So between christmas next year and opening days in all regions being 4m, That means for a whole 42 weeks or so, it only sells 50k- 65k per week.

It's not a bad estimate, but keep in mind that's 3m for the last ten weeks of christmas net year. That's 300k per week...also piss poor - reception wise.

By far the biggest problem Vita has right now is that there aren't any games.
Literally! They have literally sold out of all the games on the system. The estimate was something like 100k of each game.
How you gunna buy a system with a game when there aren't any on the shelves?