By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita launch week sales:321k

For some reason this figure surprised me. At the same time it must have been the console with the shortest legs ever.

Xbox – 123,929.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

This is a good first week. Obviously people who thought that the Vita was going to do more were deluded.

The Vita should be around 700 000 at the end of the year. Not enought to stop the 3DS momentum I think.

The 3DS may very well be higher than the Vita in Vita's week launch.

Most likely as it only has to stay flat over last week and got Inazuma Eleven to help boost sales. And I agree these are great first week sales. People should stop looking at those insane 3DS numbers to judge the success of the Vita. No Monster Hunter is a huge blow but the Vita will be a viable platform nonetheless. I'm afraid analysts will claim iOS and Android are eating into the Vita market, though...

UncleScrooge said:
Lucas-Rio said:

This is a good first week. Obviously people who thought that the Vita was going to do more were deluded.

The Vita should be around 700 000 at the end of the year. Not enought to stop the 3DS momentum I think.

Most likely as it only has to stay flat over last week and got Inazuma Eleven to help boost sales. And I agree these are great first week sales. People should stop looking at those insane 3DS numbers to judge the success of the Vita. No Monster Hunter is a huge blow but the Vita will be a viable platform nonetheless. I'm afraid analysts will claim iOS and Android are eating into the Vita market, though...

No need to worry about it, no matter how well or bad PS Vita or any portable console sells they (shitty Western media) will always find a way to claim that. Fortunately Japan is inmune to all of this crap, and since 99 per cent of portable games are developed there we should just no care about what the media says.

This is the problem with overhyping. When you believe the hype and expect close to 600K, a rather good number as 325K is considered a failure.

UncleScrooge said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Yes the numbers for Vita are good, but as every console it it hard to judge with the first week. As Vita is launched in holidays period, we will see how well it do after that.

Now that the 3DS has released his high quality titles, I see it dominating for a long time in Japan.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Galaki said:
naruball said:
 Sony let the franchise go

It's much more likely that Nintendo moneyhatted Capcom for it.

I agree with this, I just can't see how Capcom would put it on 3DS without Nintendo shelling out for it. (not that it's done bad, but I believe it would have done better on Vita given that is where the userbase is)

And don't give me this honour crap, as if it's below them to moneyhat.

Just my opinion, but Capcom can see they're stuck between a rock and a hard place (Microsoft invisible in Japan, and Sony being in deadly serious trouble with the rest of their electronics business). Its not rocket science if you back the winner of both handhelds and home consoles last gen.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Bruno Muñoz said:
For some reason this figure surprised me. At the same time it must have been the console with the shortest legs ever.

Xbox – 123,929.

that just show how MSKK(Japan) missing chance in 6th gen

megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Galaki said:
naruball said:

I agree with this, I just can't see how Capcom would put it on 3DS without Nintendo shelling out for it. (not that it's done bad, but I believe it would have done better on Vita given that is where the userbase is)

Just my opinion, but Capcom can see they're stuck between a rock and a hard place (Microsoft invisible in Japan, and Sony being in deadly serious trouble with the rest of their electronics business). Its not rocket science if you back the winner of both handhelds and home consoles last gen.

I was under the impression over the last year or so PS3 and Wii were tied, with PS3 slaughtering it there this past year, same with PSP vs DS. PSP sold very respectfully in Japan, enough of a userbase to justify MH being exclusive for an entire generation.

Seece said:
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Galaki said:
naruball said:

I was under the impression over the last year or so PS3 and Wii were tied, with PS3 slaughtering it there this past year, same with PSP vs DS. PSP sold very respectfully in Japan, enough of a userbase to justify MH being exclusive for an entire generation.

The DS was not enough powerful to run Monster Hunter , that's why it was PS exclusive.

If the DS had been more powerful, Capcom would have went on the most successful machine ever in Japan.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Anyway, The Wi Fi version is sold out so This is really bad! Bomb I tell you! Bomba I tell you!

I saw the wifi version in stock yesterday (Monday, day 3 of Vita sales) when I went to check out some stores in my city.

I was thinking about trading in my psp and getting a wifi vita. Still unsure about it though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"