By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Tridrakious said:
Aldro said:

Had to throw this wonderful list in! XD

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective.

PSN & Move titles are not included.

PS3(35):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Resistance 3
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
M.A.G - Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time
Modnation Racers

+Collections if you missed them (4):
God of War Collection (2 Games)
God of War Origins (2 Games)
SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games)
Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

You missed White Knight Chronicles 1, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

You also have Resistance 3 on your list twice.

Not sure why you decided to exclude Move and PSN titles.

because that would add like a hundred more games, as well as a lot of shovelware.

i think he was intending to only include retail titles that are generally regarded as quality.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Tridrakious said:
Aldro said:

Had to throw this wonderful list in! XD

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective.

PSN & Move titles are not included.

PS3(35):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Resistance 3
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
M.A.G - Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time
Modnation Racers

+Collections if you missed them (4):
God of War Collection (2 Games)
God of War Origins (2 Games)
SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games)
Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

You missed White Knight Chronicles 1, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

You also have Resistance 3 on your list twice.

Not sure why you decided to exclude Move and PSN titles.

Cheers man, updated. (Although I excluded Lair.. Dont ask XD)

As for Move and PSN;
I simply are not interested in the vast majority of those games. Same goes for XBLA and Kinect games. I don't know, I suppose you can call this list "Core games..?" Meh, lets just call it: Aldro's preference list xD.

Okay, that's better.

mantlepiecek said:
Jay520 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Hmm just a thought. When I joined this site I had a belief that Sony pumped out at least one exclusive new IP that rated well at metacritic or is considered as "good" every year. Funnily it was 2007 = uncharted, 2008 = LBP, 2009 = infamous, demon's souls, 2010 = heavy rain, 2011 = nothing , 2012 = starhawk, last guardian, 2013 = last of us.

Awesome. This will be the only year we didn't get a high profile new IP. Of course we did have DC universe online and other stuff like that but they are not as high stuff as say heavy rain and LBP.

I thought TLOU was confirmed for next year.

Well I just assumed it would be delayed a little. Even then there's always a chance that last guardian will be delayed. Not that I want it to.

So two new IPs next year from Sony is kinda confirmed...

yes it's last guardians fault, if it made the release date you would have had your one new IP a year , notice Sony's big delays come from the home teams .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

It's great and all, but theres just TOO many games. A person who has OCD and wants to get all of the trophies for every game, and play all of the exclusives is just spoiled and turns rotten by the time he finishes all of sony's exclusives. *ahem*

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Aldro said:
Journey looks awsm. Digging your sig JustThatGamer!

Yeah Journey's looking to be a great experience. Thanks dude! :)

Around the Network

MS with the revamped Kinect offer, and Sony with a huge line-up that caters for the more traditional gaming market, quite neglected by Ninty, and MS too, currently, are both, in different ways, doing their best to strengthen their brands as next gen approaches. That's a far more intelligent strategy than the one shown by Ninty, that weakened a lot both DS and Wii before their successors' launches..

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Tridrakious said:

They need to keep Kevin Butler around doing hardcore commericals, but they need a "shocking" campaign for next year. If they can create that with Kevin Butler that would be awesome, but it needs to be fresh. I like the Long Live Play/Hall of Play campaign.

Outside of that, games themselves are the best way to market a console. StarHawk and Twisted Metal will help (Starhawk being new and Twisted Metal with the re-launching of that series) with bringing fresh content to the system, but The Last of Us will do more. God of War IV will just be a major title to have. Along with Versus XIII could give the PS3 a great boost.

Two more factors that WILL work against the PS3. Vita and Wii U.

True, I don't have anything against Kevin Butler and he is essential to advertise to the hardcore gamer. It's just SONY needs more down to earth and straight to the point marketting. The marketting in the UK has been great recently, multiplatform games have been getting lots of exposure with the Playstation logo at the start and the PS3 being advertised at the end.

Versus XIII would make a big splash, definitely.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

My main point is Sony often announces game early into the lifecycle, and looking at the OP, we shouldn't expect more then 4 games for 2011, even that is no garentee. Project's don't count, that can release any time, for all we know, these are early PS4 titles which will also get crazy delays.

Yeah, but you have to remember that this thread wasn't implying that all those games, or even the majority of them, would release next year (that would be silly). The thread's intention was to discuss the relatively large number of developers currently working on bringing experiences to the PS3 for the first time. That's why people are jumping on you.

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Anyway, my point was 2012 looks dry on on consoles, PS3 really needed the last of us, and The Last Guardian was delayed twice, once only two months before release, so I have no faith in that game releasing in 2012.

I see much less innovation in software then I did in 2007-2011.

twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper 4, dust 514, the last of us, the journey, yakuza, the last guardian ( i'm sure i'm missing games here ) etc are all confirmed for 2012 i don't really see how thats a dry lineup

Now you're changing the debat. Up to this point we were only talking about Sony first party IP's, not third party exclusives. Yakuza and Dust don't make this debate, and I never even heard of the journey. All you did was add Sly Cooper to make it 5 games, but honestly how many people care for that game? It's not a major title, and 2012 looks a lot drier for PS3 then 2009-2011 were.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

My main point is Sony often announces game early into the lifecycle, and looking at the OP, we shouldn't expect more then 4 games for 2011, even that is no garentee. Project's don't count, that can release any time, for all we know, these are early PS4 titles which will also get crazy delays.

Yeah, but you have to remember that this thread wasn't implying that all those games, or even the majority of them, would release next year (that would be silly). The thread's intention was to discuss the relatively large number of developers currently working on bringing experiences to the PS3 for the first time. That's why people are jumping on you.

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

Edit: Oh I didn't know the discussion was about 1st party titles XD sorry

------------------

If you count Sly 4 it makes 5 but those are only the ones coming from Sony.

I'm personally more excited for Ni no Kuni, FF Versus XIII and the FFX HD remake than any other games made by Sony.

There are also some obscure titles like the next Yakuza or Sorcery or that Dust game or Agent (whatever happened to it) and a bunch of JRPGs like Tales of Graces (and maybe Xillia eventually) or Atelier Meruru or Hyperdimension Neptunia 2.

I don't know I'm pretty excited for next year but the first-party lineup is indeed a bit lacking compared to previous years.