By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:

personally i still don't see how 5 first party exclusives can be considered dry how many first party exclusives do consoles get in a year on average in general?

For first party, Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010, and 9 in 2011. 5 is basically half of Sony's worst year, and one was just announced days ago.

Boutros I have no faith in Agent or Final Fantasy XIII Versus remaining exclusive, or even being PS3 titles. They have been delayed too many times, and making either game exclusive would cut profits tremendously.

I don't think Rockstar really has to worry about Agent being exclusive and "cutting into their profits tremendously". They have Grand Theft Auto V coming which is multiplatform. Plus Rockstar loves money, but they also enjoy doing things their own way and it sounds like Agent is being worked on with Sony.

Versus XIII will still make a bigger splash on PS3 if it goes multiplatform. Of course I think Sony would step in to get timed exclusivity at least if not to just buy the rights to it.

Rockstar is greedy. Remember GTA: IV DLC was a 50 million dollar paid exclusive by MS? Well it was only timed. If Agent is anything big, Rockstar won't cut half their profits (likely more since software for this type of game typically sells better on 360) for no reason. I mean if EA made Mass Effect 2 a multiplatform title, I have no doubt Rockstar will follow suit.

No one really knows anything about the Agent. Sony may be helping publish it, which like the GTA IV expansions, could mean timed exclusive, but IMO, I think that's the most exclusive Agent will ever be.

My reasoning behind Versus XIII going multi platform is that FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are multiplatform now, and FFXIII was announced to be that way late into development. SE probably realized that 360 does control a large American market, and they know that in order to keep Final Fantasy alive, they need to appeal to the American and European market more (since Japanese gamers are slowly migrating to handhelds). So I think the reason the game has been delayed indefinatly like it has, is because they are trying to make the game work for the X-Box 360 as well. I don't think it will be a timed exclusive, this isn't the start of then gen, but it will be PS3 exclusive in Japan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

what i want to know is where the hells AGENT? now rockstar have announced GTA5 so what is going on with this supposed ps3 exclusive?

Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:

personally i still don't see how 5 first party exclusives can be considered dry how many first party exclusives do consoles get in a year on average in general?

For first party, Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010, and 9 in 2011. 5 is basically half of Sony's worst year, and one was just announced days ago.

Boutros I have no faith in Agent or Final Fantasy XIII Versus remaining exclusive, or even being PS3 titles. They have been delayed too many times, and making either game exclusive would cut profits tremendously.

I don't think Rockstar really has to worry about Agent being exclusive and "cutting into their profits tremendously". They have Grand Theft Auto V coming which is multiplatform. Plus Rockstar loves money, but they also enjoy doing things their own way and it sounds like Agent is being worked on with Sony.

Versus XIII will still make a bigger splash on PS3 if it goes multiplatform. Of course I think Sony would step in to get timed exclusivity at least if not to just buy the rights to it.

Rockstar is greedy. Remember GTA: IV DLC was a 50 million dollar paid exclusive by MS? Well it was only timed. If Agent is anything big, Rockstar won't cut half their profits (likely more since software for this type of game typically sells better on 360) for no reason. I mean if EA made Mass Effect 2 a multiplatform title, I have no doubt Rockstar will follow suit.

No one really knows anything about the Agent. Sony may be helping publish it, which like the GTA IV expansions, could mean timed exclusive, but IMO, I think that's the most exclusive Agent will ever be.

My reasoning behind Versus XIII going multi platform is that FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are multiplatform now, and FFXIII was announced to be that way late into development. SE probably realized that 360 does control a large American market, and they know that in order to keep Final Fantasy alive, they need to appeal to the American and European market more (since Japanese gamers are slowly migrating to handhelds). So I think the reason the game has been delayed indefinatly like it has, is because they are trying to make the game work for the X-Box 360 as well. I don't think it will be a timed exclusive, this isn't the start of then gen, but it will be PS3 exclusive in Japan.

Well as you point out earlier in the thread, Sony doesn't have that many first party exclusives coming in 2012. Which would leave the door open for Sony to buyout Agent's ownership, but keep Rockstar on board. It would be great to see Rockstar and Sony Santa Monica working on a game together.

One thing to look at is Final Fantasy XIII sold better on PS3 in North America. Of course the 360 version did sell over a million, XIII-2 is no where to be found on the pre-order charts, but the PS3 version can be found (in the USA pre-orders chart, number 8). Which would mean the 360 isn't really building much of a base. This would show Square that spending the resources on making this work for 360 wouldn't be worth it.

If I was calling the shots at Sony, I would be all over buying out the titles. Gaining complete ownership of them, but keeping the devs on it. But I would add Sony Japan Studios to Versus XIII and Sony Santa Monica to Agent.

Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:

if there was no 360 version of final fantasy, it wouldnt have made a difference at all. i actually think it would have sold alot more if it just stayed on ps3.

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Anyway, my point was 2012 looks dry on on consoles, PS3 really needed the last of us, and The Last Guardian was delayed twice, once only two months before release, so I have no faith in that game releasing in 2012.

I see much less innovation in software then I did in 2007-2011.

twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper 4, dust 514, the last of us, the journey, yakuza, the last guardian ( i'm sure i'm missing games here ) etc are all confirmed for 2012 i don't really see how thats a dry lineup

Now you're changing the debat. Up to this point we were only talking about Sony first party IP's, not third party exclusives. Yakuza and Dust don't make this debate, and I never even heard of the journey. All you did was add Sly Cooper to make it 5 games, but honestly how many people care for that game? It's not a major title, and 2012 looks a lot drier for PS3 then 2009-2011 were.

Wow you are really putting a dampner on this thread arent you?

OT: This is a great thread. Keep it up, I still have alot of 1st party games to buy...damn.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

My main point is Sony often announces game early into the lifecycle, and looking at the OP, we shouldn't expect more then 4 games for 2011, even that is no garentee. Project's don't count, that can release any time, for all we know, these are early PS4 titles which will also get crazy delays.

Yeah, but you have to remember that this thread wasn't implying that all those games, or even the majority of them, would release next year (that would be silly). The thread's intention was to discuss the relatively large number of developers currently working on bringing experiences to the PS3 for the first time. That's why people are jumping on you.

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

Either way, next year shows the PS3 will have a relatively large number of notable, fresh, core games releasing. 2011 was mainly sequels & 2010 was composed of mainly Move games.

maverick40 said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Anyway, my point was 2012 looks dry on on consoles, PS3 really needed the last of us, and The Last Guardian was delayed twice, once only two months before release, so I have no faith in that game releasing in 2012.

I see much less innovation in software then I did in 2007-2011.

twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper 4, dust 514, the last of us, the journey, yakuza, the last guardian ( i'm sure i'm missing games here ) etc are all confirmed for 2012 i don't really see how thats a dry lineup

Now you're changing the debat. Up to this point we were only talking about Sony first party IP's, not third party exclusives. Yakuza and Dust don't make this debate, and I never even heard of the journey. All you did was add Sly Cooper to make it 5 games, but honestly how many people care for that game? It's not a major title, and 2012 looks a lot drier for PS3 then 2009-2011 were.

Wow you are really putting a dampner on this thread arent you?

OT: This is a great thread. Keep it up, I still have alot of 1st party games to buy...damn.

He's just mad over the infamous list. A while ago I posted this =

"

A list for all of those asking about games on PS3 and X360. Both consoles offer amazing exclusive games (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted, same goes for PC/360 such as Left 4 Dead.

Take the collection & remakes with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2/Xbox titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective. Halo Combat Evolved is actually on the PC, but the anniversary is a remake and a damn good one so I will still have it below.

Kinect & Move titles are not included.
PSN & XBL titles are not included.

Do remember that this list are of games that are actually quite well known and recieved generally favourable reviews (there might be a few flaws here and there [Crackdown 2 and Socom 4 comes to mind].

PS3(38):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Heavenly Sword
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
M.A.G - Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
SOCOM:Confrontation
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
White Knight Chronicles I
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time
Modnation Racers

+Collections if you missed them (4):
God of War Collection (2 Games)
God of War Origins (2 Games)
SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games)
Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

Xbox 360(18):
Gears of War 3
Gears of War 2
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST
Fable 2
Alan Wake
Crackdown 1
Crackdown 2
Forza 4
Forza 3
Forza 2
PGR4
PGR3
Perfect Dark Zero
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

+Remakes if you missed them (1):
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
"

Can't blame him, can you? He even went so far to post a list of titles on wikipedia nobody has even heard of.

I find it amazing that Sony is dishing out The last guardian, Starhawk, Twisted metal and what could potentitally be The last of us by next year. When comparing it to its competition, (most noticebly the 360): all it has up for store that have been announced is Halo 4. Once again, no kinect/move included, nor PSN / XBLA. Now THAT should have its own topic.. Hell im not even including Sly 5..

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

My main point is Sony often announces game early into the lifecycle, and looking at the OP, we shouldn't expect more then 4 games for 2011, even that is no garentee. Project's don't count, that can release any time, for all we know, these are early PS4 titles which will also get crazy delays.

Yeah, but you have to remember that this thread wasn't implying that all those games, or even the majority of them, would release next year (that would be silly). The thread's intention was to discuss the relatively large number of developers currently working on bringing experiences to the PS3 for the first time. That's why people are jumping on you.

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

Its twice the amount of 360's exclusive THIS year and 4x the amount of 360's exclusives next year judging from now (with the list provided above). Ouch?

Michael-5 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

You said you don't want to derail the thread and here you are derailing the thread. >_>

Yes you are right Sony announcing games far too early but that was on PS3 early life and that was long time ago. I suggest you stop living on the past and move forward because honestly I found your very misinformed or rather spreading misinformed info.

No, I didn't so anything to derail the thread. I actually critisized all platforms, but because some fans are sensitive, they choose to argue eith my minor points on 360. I said, and I quote

"Oh I agree Sony has released more for the PS3 then Nintendo has for the Wii, and MS for the 360. Just saying, lots of the upcoming games in the OP are only Projects, might not even be PS3 games, and that just because a studio has a game confirmed, doesn't mean you should expect it soon (as in 2011)."

"4 games isn't that much for a full year, but then again Nintendo is doing no better. (But Nintendo is releasing a new console to be fair), and MS also has a small announced lineup. The gen is ending (hopefully)."

That's it concerning everything off topic.

But what does all the thing you said, have to do with this thread? Did the OP mention anything about 2012? ( I am assuming you meant 2012 because you keep mentioning 2011 a typo? ).

He is talking about how awesome the line up of PS3  is and how their first party has been delivering awesome games to the table for 4 years and counting. He is talking about whole PS3 line up from the past and the future and that's we should have been discussing not the 2012 line up blah blah blah and how Sony is announcing a game far too early. 

That's why I called you from derailing the thread and I honestly suggest that you read the OP again because you are missing the whole point of this thread.

PS: I don't care about your about thought and criticism about the other system and side of allegiance or whatever. I am not even qouting you about that.

Bold*

Again that's not the case anymore. Can you give me more not 1  or 2 but more examples aside from your 5 examples? 

They have been announcing games and then release  it within a year or so. You want me to bring more examples? ok.

Last E3  2011 they announced Deadmund's quest and it was released by Nov.That's 5 mos.

Resistance 3 was announced at last years Gamesom and was release by sept 2011. =1 year 1 mo.

Move fitness was announced at this year's gamescom and  was released this Nov 2011. =3 mos.

Eyepet & friends was announced at april 2011 and was released by Nov 2011. =7 mos.

Everybody dance/ dance star party was announced last E3 2011 and was released by oct 2011. =4 mos.

Carnival Island was announced at last E3 2011 and was released by Nov 2011. =5 mos.

Infamous: festival of blood was announced at last E3 2011 and was released by Oct 2011. =4 mos.

Again you shouldn't use HR, GT5, Last Guardian and KZ 2 as an indicator because those are excemptions and again you should look on what's happening right now and not what is happening on the past. I really don't want to say this again but you should stop living on the past. 

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:

Ok 4? Are you sure about that?

Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Last of us, Sly 4, Last Guardian ( big if ), Motorstrom RC, MLB 2012, Dust 214.

What's stopping Sony from announcing few more games next year and release on the same year as well? Look at my previous qoute to you.

Anyway. How do you see the whole 2012 line-up of PS3 (exclusive) including 3rd parties?