By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:
This thread was created to look at what Sony's dev studios were working on currently. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the fanboys derailed the conversation about few posts into it.

Fucking sad.

To be fair, I did not want to talk about 360, and only the thread author keeps returning my comments with comparisions between 360 and PS3. I replied, which is sad, I agree, and so is everyone who keeps fucken posting about PS3 vs. 360 comparisions. Always happens on PS3 threads (ned to compensate?)

I mean who gives a sit anymore?

Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:

Rockstar is greedy. Remember GTA: IV DLC was a 50 million dollar paid exclusive by MS? Well it was only timed. If Agent is anything big, Rockstar won't cut half their profits (likely more since software for this type of game typically sells better on 360) for no reason. I mean if EA made Mass Effect 2 a multiplatform title, I have no doubt Rockstar will follow suit.

No one really knows anything about the Agent. Sony may be helping publish it, which like the GTA IV expansions, could mean timed exclusive, but IMO, I think that's the most exclusive Agent will ever be.

My reasoning behind Versus XIII going multi platform is that FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are multiplatform now, and FFXIII was announced to be that way late into development. SE probably realized that 360 does control a large American market, and they know that in order to keep Final Fantasy alive, they need to appeal to the American and European market more (since Japanese gamers are slowly migrating to handhelds). So I think the reason the game has been delayed indefinatly like it has, is because they are trying to make the game work for the X-Box 360 as well. I don't think it will be a timed exclusive, this isn't the start of then gen, but it will be PS3 exclusive in Japan.

Well as you point out earlier in the thread, Sony doesn't have that many first party exclusives coming in 2012. Which would leave the door open for Sony to buyout Agent's ownership, but keep Rockstar on board. It would be great to see Rockstar and Sony Santa Monica working on a game together.

One thing to look at is Final Fantasy XIII sold better on PS3 in North America. Of course the 360 version did sell over a million, XIII-2 is no where to be found on the pre-order charts, but the PS3 version can be found (in the USA pre-orders chart, number 8). Which would mean the 360 isn't really building much of a base. This would show Square that spending the resources on making this work for 360 wouldn't be worth it.

If I was calling the shots at Sony, I would be all over buying out the titles. Gaining complete ownership of them, but keeping the devs on it. But I would add Sony Japan Studios to Versus XIII and Sony Santa Monica to Agent.

If MS doesn't ave enough $$$ to keep DLC exclusive, Sony definatly does not have enough $$$ to keep Agent exclusives. Third party exclusives make no sense this late into the console gen.

Good point about Final Fantasy, but FFXIII sold close to 2 million WW on 360, which ins't a number to ignore (it's something like 30% of total sales). Yes if FFXIII went exclusive to PS3, sales on PS3 would be higher, but Japan is FFXIII's biggest region and it was console exclusive there. Still sold much less then Final Fantasy X (sold less then Final Fantasy X-2).

Heck I would even argue the gain in PS3 sales if the franchise remained exclusive would have been small. If you compare FFXIII (PS3) sales to FFX-2 you will see it sold about 15% weaker in Japan, and 25% weaker outside of Japan. So I would argue that had it remained exclusive, sales would have been 10-20% higher, which is max 400k. FFXIII sold 1.75 million on 360, thats 1.3-1.4 million units more.

Also with WRPG's starting to become more popular, I think it's well withing Square Enix's interests to make the game available to 360 owners and appealing to American buyers in general.

I wouldn't change too muc if I were Sony, they own a lot of studios. I wish they invested in more sci-fi games and expanded Polyphony Digital (too long between GT iterations, Turn 10 is over double the size now).

You make good points, but Agent isn't going anywhere. Sony buying it out for full ownership, but keeping Rockstar on board to develop alongside the Sony Santa Monica would be a good thing. As the game would come out. Since there hasn't been much on the Agent front for a long time, I would imagine the price to buy it out (that is if Rockstar or T2 owned it in the first place) wouldn't be much.

What will be interesting to see is how many people are going to buy XIII-2 that bought XIII. I know that I'm not, I'll buy used for around $20 bucks or lower in 2013. If the Japanese were really trying to reinvigorate their market, they could. But too many games are just copies of others.

Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter cash ins.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Good argument to include MLB: The Show, but still 5 games now. It's likely all manufacterers will announce more games, and Sony also has a few PSV/PS3 titles. I agree with you, but in regards to the OP being amazed at 5 games, my comment is still valid. 5 games (4 sequals) is nothing to be amazed about, PS3 had better years (years where we knew about more games annouced at the start of the year).

"Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. Oh I don't know, four years?"

Im pretty sure that is the OP's premise, not being amazed at 5 games being release in 2012.

Anyways if you read the OP the thread is generally a good hearted tribute to what the OP feels is a great first party line-up, that is all. Nothing more nothing less. i feel your arguments are a bit out of place, im not saying you a re derailing or trolling etc, but kinda just missing the point.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Tridrakious said:

You make good points, but Agent isn't going anywhere. Sony buying it out for full ownership, but keeping Rockstar on board to develop alongside the Sony Santa Monica. Since there hasn't been much on the Agent front for a long time, I would imagine the price to buy it out (that is if Rockstar or T2 owned it in the first place) wouldn't be much.

What will be interesting to see is how many people are going to buy XIII-2 that bought XIII. I know that I'm not, I'll buy used for around $20 bucks or lower in 2013. If the Japanese were really trying to reinvigorate their market, they could. But too many games are just copies of others.

I'm thinking the opposite. Because the game is taking so long to develop, it must cost a lot to keep exclusive, and multiple delays are because of nagotiations (People clearly aren't working on it).

Anyway, I think it's best to keep my opinion on Agent as.....whaaa??? No garentee it won't be cancelled, stay exclusive, be released on PS3 (instead of PS4), but also there is no official statemet that any of the above statements are true. So I ignoe this game.

I get nearly all my games used, or discounted. Last year, I only bought Gears 3 and Forza 4 at full retail price. Got Battlefield 3 for half price (new), and Crysis 2/Portal 2 for $20 each (new). Waiting on price cuts/GOTY editions for Skyrim, Catherine, Zelda, Batman, and Modern Warfare 3. Will be borrowing Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, and InFamous 2 when i borrow a friends PS3 n May.

Also you think Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as Cash Cows? Dragon Quest IX is a great game! Remakes are cash cows, but appreciated since many didn't reach shores outside of Japan, and many gamers never got to play them.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Looking forward mostly to the last of us and maybe more exclusives to be announced in the year.

Im hoping the last guardian will get a 2012 release....been looking forward to that for way too long. One thing is for sure though, if TLG and agent dont get significant coverage at E3 then i think its safe to say they are set for a 2013 release or possibly later.

To be honest though i dont think Agent is an exclusive anymore, it might not even exist.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Looking forward mostly to the last of us and maybe more exclusives to be announced in the year.

Im hoping the last guardian will get a 2012 release....been looking forward to that for way too long. One thing is for sure though, if TLG and agent dont get significant coverage at E3 then i think its safe to say they are set for a 2013 release or possibly later.

To be honest though i dont think Agent is an exclusive anymore, it might not even exist.

I was really surprised at the VGA's with "The Last of Us." Naughty Dog is a great developer, and I think they could make a great Zombie game. Interesting to see hey look at it as a plague, and not an infection. Hope to see some interesting ideas.

I feel the same as you about these 3 games, but Tales of Xillia and Graces f are my two most anticipated PS3 games mainly because I don't know anything about The Last of Us.

Shinobi-san said:
Michael-5 said:

Good argument to include MLB: The Show, but still 5 games now. It's likely all manufacterers will announce more games, and Sony also has a few PSV/PS3 titles. I agree with you, but in regards to the OP being amazed at 5 games, my comment is still valid. 5 games (4 sequals) is nothing to be amazed about, PS3 had better years (years where we knew about more games annouced at the start of the year).

"Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. Oh I don't know, four years?"

Im pretty sure that is the OP's premise, not being amazed at 5 games being release in 2012.

Anyways if you read the OP the thread is generally a good hearted tribute to what the OP feels is a great first party line-up, that is all. Nothing more nothing less. i feel your arguments are a bit out of place, im not saying you a re derailing or trolling etc, but kinda just missing the point.

I did read that, and I agree with it. Had nothing to complain about. However looking at the OP I still think the main point was that Sony has had a great run with First Party exclusives and will will continue to, and I don't think it will continue to see as much support as it has, at least for the PS3.

The gen is ending, for all 7th gen consoles, what's with the hate?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:

You make good points, but Agent isn't going anywhere. Sony buying it out for full ownership, but keeping Rockstar on board to develop alongside the Sony Santa Monica. Since there hasn't been much on the Agent front for a long time, I would imagine the price to buy it out (that is if Rockstar or T2 owned it in the first place) wouldn't be much.

I'm thinking the opposite. Because the game is taking so long to develop, it must cost a lot to keep exclusive, and multiple delays are because of nagotiations (People clearly aren't working on it).

Anyway, I think it's best to keep my opinion on Agent as.....whaaa??? No garentee it won't be cancelled, stay exclusive, be released on PS3 (instead of PS4), but also there is no official statemet that any of the above statements are true. So I ignoe this game.

I get nearly all my games used, or discounted. Last year, I only bought Gears 3 and Forza 4 at full retail price. Got Battlefield 3 for half price (new), and Crysis 2/Portal 2 for $20 each (new). Waiting on price cuts/GOTY editions for Skyrim, Catherine, Zelda, Batman, and Modern Warfare 3. Will be borrowing Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, and InFamous 2 when i borrow a friends PS3 n May.

Also you think Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as Cash Cows? Dragon Quest IX is a great game! Remakes are cash cows, but appreciated since many didn't reach shores outside of Japan, and many gamers never got to play them.

I'm saying that it appears most gaming being developed by Japanese companies are trying to fit their game into either Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter nowadays.

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

Either way, next year shows the PS3 will have a relatively large number of notable, fresh, core games releasing. 2011 was mainly sequels & 2010 was composed of mainly Move games.

I....don't know if I can agree with that. Last Guardian, Sly Cooper, and Twisted Metal are PS2 sequals, and Starhawk is a PS3 sequal. The Last of Us is the only "new" IP, but it's nice to see so many PS2 reboots.

By "fresh", I meant new to the PS3. Sly 4, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, TLG, TLOU, along with those new IPs are all new experiences for the PS3. Many of them will release 2012 - 2013 which a lot compared to past years.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

Well with only 4 confirmed PS3 exclusives to be released for the PS3 in the upcoming years, it's still a dry lineup. The generation is ending

Either way, next year shows the PS3 will have a relatively large number of notable, fresh, core games releasing. 2011 was mainly sequels & 2010 was composed of mainly Move games.

I....don't know if I can agree with that. Last Guardian, Sly Cooper, and Twisted Metal are PS2 sequals, and Starhawk is a PS3 sequal. The Last of Us is the only "new" IP, but it's nice to see so many PS2 reboots.

By "fresh", I meant new to the PS3

why do you even bother with him?

he gives out nothing but misinformation, he just said MLB 12 hasnt been announced. when in fact it has, and for PS3 and Vita with integration.

and the PS3 version will have full MOve support. every aspect will be able to played with move

Michael-5 said:

Those games you mentioned, all small volume Move games, or PSN games. Resistance is the only example of a game which was announced relativly early compared to release. Sony still holds that delayed reputation, with Last Guardian now at 3 years release after announcement. Last Guardian is right now.

I think for Sony, 2 years is the common annouce to release for most of it's franchises. Some games with bi-annually iterations get announced a single year before release (Uncharted, Resistance, etc), but many get delayed, sometimes drastically (LBP2, GT5, Killzone 2, etc).

As for the OP directly, I don't disagree about Sony's first party content over the last 4 years. That's why I didn't comment on that, it's a lot. I commented on the future, which looks dry. OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 First Party exclusives. Dust 514 is not first party, MLB 2012 has not been announced, and this is the first time I heard of Motorstorm RC.

The OP and I were incorrect about 4 First Party games. Jay pointed out Sly, and now you pointed out Motorstorm. That makes 6, which is significantly more then 4.

Still think it's a bit dry, but it's not as bad as it was before E3 2011 (when there were only 2 games announced for 2012).

1st paragraph unbold*

Did you just ignore my my first qoute on you, listing big games that was release with a 1 year timeframe when it was first announced? >_>

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4336341 

The reason I add more games is to show  "you" that Sony is not announcing their games far too early anymore while you. just keep on holding to GT 5, KZ 2, Last guardian and HR and using it as an indicator that Sony is still announcing games far too early. Why? when I already showed you that is not the case anymore and FYI Last guardian was revealed in 2007 so it's not 3 years. It was still known as project Trico back then.

I gave you  a list, why not give me a list of your own because you are still using games that was announced on 2005, 2006 and 2007. Show me more than 5 games that was announced far too early after 2008 and was released after 2 years. I challenge you.

2nd paragraph unbold*

I don't understand this can you elaborate? Are you suggesting that Uncharted 2 was announced 2 years before it was release?

FYI LBP 2 was not delayed drastically. It was delayed only for 2 mos.

3rd

OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

Yes you are right and thank you for admitting it and that's why I am telling you, you are derailing the thread. What does 2012 line-up and Sony delaying the games has to do with this thread? The OP is just sharing his happiness and how happy he is that Sony is still delivering the goods and  honestly this is a very light hearted thread until you came in and posted the things you have posted.

Anyway, Why did you even want to make PS3 line-up look more dry? And why do you even want to tell him that. What's the deal? What's the problem? Did he said something that might hurt you or offend you? I am sorry dude but you seem like the guy that enters a party and trying to ruin it for the party maker and for everybody to put it simply "You are acting like a party crasher".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOLD*

MLB 2012 was already announced. >_>

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212061p1.html

It's not as massive as 2011 IMO ATM with Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, LBP2 and etc. and move games but I won't call 2012 PS3's line-up dry. 

Confirmed for 2012

Agarest war 2, Neptunia MK II, Yakuza Dead soul, Sly 4, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Ni no Kuni, Last of Us, MLB 2012, Motorstorm RC, Tales of graces F.

Not confirmed but has the possibilty to be release on 2012

Dust 514, The last guardian, Ruin, Sorcery.

And what stopping sony from announcing games next year and release it the same year. I already proven that they can do it.

Michael-5 said:
Shinobi-san said:

I did read that, and I agree with it. Had nothing to complain about. However looking at the OP I still think the main point was that Sony has had a great run with First Party exclusives and will will continue to, and I don't think it will continue to see as much support as it has, at least for the PS3.

The gen is ending, for all 7th gen consoles, what's with the hate?

Hes OP mentiones nothing about that, and mentions nothing about 2012. Again you missed the point of the thread, a tribute to what the OP feels is  a great first party line up.

In fact you missed mine too, i said "Anyways if you read the OP the thread is generally a good hearted tribute..." Its like anniversary threads, say mario turns 40, its common sense not to go in there and start arguments about how mario is getting crap, since you know that is a good spirited thread about mario.

Thats just my opinion on the matter. And im not sure if your comment "whats with the hate?" was directed at me or not. But if it is then i dont understand why, i mean atleast im not calling you a fanboy and saying you derailing the thread like others are. Im just trying to convey the situation, but hey if you hell bent on a argument in this thread i cant stop you

With regards to your points about the gen ending and support slowing down, i agree. Its only natural that support will slow down from Sony themselves, as they start to prepare for the next gen. However i think 2012 specifically will stil be a fairly strong year with first party exclusives (not as strong as previous years but strong none the less).