By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

I....don't know if I can agree with that. Last Guardian, Sly Cooper, and Twisted Metal are PS2 sequals, and Starhawk is a PS3 sequal. The Last of Us is the only "new" IP, but it's nice to see so many PS2 reboots.

By "fresh", I meant new to the PS3

why do you even bother with him?

he gives out nothing but misinformation, he just said MLB 12 hasnt been announced. when in fact it has, and for PS3 and Vita with integration.

and the PS3 version will have full MOve support. every aspect will be able to played with move

That doesn't really add to this conversation either way because MLB is an annual franchise. What does having Move support have to do with anything, trying to advertize?

I can't be perfect, the OP thought that there were 2:1 exclusives on the PS3 vs. 360, why don't you attack him for making a much larger, blatent mistake? I do my best, but I'm not aware of every little game announced, and I did say I could be missing a few titles.

Why do you always follow me around, and if I get info the slightest bit wrong, insult and demean me? Still with MLB, that's 7 exclusives (If I didn't join this thread, would most of you still think 4 like in the OP?), which is a lot less then the 10+ of prior years, and I don't think all 7 of those games will release in 2012....

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:

Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter cash ins.

Also you think Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as Cash Cows? Dragon Quest IX is a great game! Remakes are cash cows, but appreciated since many didn't reach shores outside of Japan, and many gamers never got to play them.

I'm saying that it appears most gaming being developed by Japanese companies are trying to fit their game into either Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter nowadays.

Don't get what you mean by that. Are you saying Japanese devlopers are trying to focus on name brands like Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, and that most new IP's are trying to be similar in structure?

If so I don't agree, Altus makes fairly popular games in Japan, and all of their games are very new experiences

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Alan Wake goes to the PC x'D

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Michael-5 said:

Those games you mentioned, all small volume Move games, or PSN games. Resistance is the only example of a game which was announced relativly early compared to release. Sony still holds that delayed reputation, with Last Guardian now at 3 years release after announcement. Last Guardian is right now.

I think for Sony, 2 years is the common annouce to release for most of it's franchises. Some games with bi-annually iterations get announced a single year before release (Uncharted, Resistance, etc), but many get delayed, sometimes drastically (LBP2, GT5, Killzone 2, etc).

As for the OP directly, I don't disagree about Sony's first party content over the last 4 years. That's why I didn't comment on that, it's a lot. I commented on the future, which looks dry. OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 First Party exclusives. Dust 514 is not first party, MLB 2012 has not been announced, and this is the first time I heard of Motorstorm RC.

The OP and I were incorrect about 4 First Party games. Jay pointed out Sly, and now you pointed out Motorstorm. That makes 6, which is significantly more then 4.

Still think it's a bit dry, but it's not as bad as it was before E3 2011 (when there were only 2 games announced for 2012).

1st paragraph unbold*

Did you just ignore my my first qoute on you, listing big games that was release with a 1 year timeframe when it was first announced? >_>

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4336341 

The reason I add more games is to show  "you" that Sony is not announcing their games far too early anymore while you. just keep on holding to GT 5, KZ 2, Last guardian and HR and using it as an indicator that Sony is still announcing games far too early. Why? when I already showed you that is not the case anymore and FYI Last guardian was revealed in 2007 so it's not 3 years. It was still known as project Trico back then.

I gave you  a list, why not give me a list of your own because you are still using games that was announced on 2005, 2006 and 2007. Show me more than 5 games that was announced far too early after 2008 and was released after 2 years. I challenge you.

2nd paragraph unbold*

I don't understand this can you elaborate? Are you suggesting that Uncharted 2 was announced 2 years before it was release?

FYI LBP 2 was not delayed drastically. It was delayed only for 2 mos.

3rd

OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

Yes you are right and thank you for admitting it and that's why I am telling you, you are derailing the thread. What does 2012 line-up and Sony delaying the games has to do with this thread? The OP is just sharing his happiness and how happy he is that Sony is still delivering the goods and  honestly this is a very light hearted thread until you came in and posted the things you have posted.

Anyway, Why did you even want to make PS3 line-up look more dry? And why do you even want to tell him that. What's the deal? What's the problem? Did he said something that might hurt you or offend you? I am sorry dude but you seem like the guy that enters a party and trying to ruin it for the party maker and for everybody to put it simply "You are acting like a party crasher".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOLD*

MLB 2012 was already announced. >_>

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212061p1.html

It's not as massive as 2011 IMO ATM with Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, LBP2 and etc. and move games but I won't call 2012 PS3's line-up dry. 

Confirmed for 2012

Agarest war 2, Neptunia MK II, Yakuza Dead soul, Sly 4, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Ni no Kuni, Last of Us, MLB 2012, Motorstorm RC, Tales of graces F.

Not confirmed but has the possibilty to be release on 2012

Dust 514, The last guardian, Ruin, Sorcery.

And what stopping sony from announcing games next year and release it the same year. I already proven that they can do it.

Oh I missed your first paragraph, I only saw one about a bunch of Move games which got released within a year.

I did say games with bi-annual releases get announced much sooner to release (Uncharted's and Resistance games), but you did name 4 non-bi-weekly releases released within 2 years. So I'll give you some counter examples.

White Knight Chronicles was announced in fall 2007, and released in early 2010. Nearly 2.5 years.

MAG was announced E3 2008, and released January 2010, bit over 1.5 years

3D Dot Game Heros was announced August 2009, and released May 2010, that's nearly 2 years.

White Knight Chronicles 2 was announced at TGS 2009, and wasn't released until September 2011, thats close to 2 years.

The Last Guardian was announced in 2007,so it's over 3.5 years now.

Twisted Metal was announced E3 2010, but won't release until February 2012, that's 1 and 3/4 years.

Note, several of these games were announced before 2008, but these are the games Sony is releasing in recent years. If many of them were announced a while back, it's likely many of the current projects could be delayed. You argue that since 2008 Sony has released most of their announced exclusives on short timeframes, but that's just because the ones still in development since aren't released yet. This is a key point of logic (how can a game with a 3-4 year release to announce gap have been announced 2 years ago, and released?)

We son't see as many games with over 2 years development time, I agree, but who is to say Last Guardian won't be delayed another year? Heavy Rain was a recent title and that had a 3.5 year development time, GT5 was 5 years, and both of those games are recently released PS3 games. Yes I do keep bringing these games up because it's common for Sony to announce several of their games years before release, and this prroves my statement. Most games are about 2 years though, with a handful closer to 1 year.

Also to be fair, we could add GT6 to the list of upcoming games. Polyphony Digital has confirmed they are working on it, but haven't mentioned which platform. I doubt that game will release before fall 2013 though, so another 2 year wait at least.

Paragraph 2 - except for biannual releases like Uncharted, most of PS3's exclusives are announced 2 years before release.

Why does making a list of 2012 titls derail the thread? OP talks about upcoming games, I point out, there aren't many, and I doubt most of which will release any time soon (2012). If Sony announced 40 games tomorrow, to be released over the next 10 years, would you be shocked at the number of games, or realize that the content per year isn't much. I am the later.

Why did I want to make the line-up look more dry? To show the generation is coming to an end. All consoles are getting dryer line ups. Instead of being excited about the leftover PS3 games, we should be looking into PS4's.

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

I....don't know if I can agree with that. Last Guardian, Sly Cooper, and Twisted Metal are PS2 sequals, and Starhawk is a PS3 sequal. The Last of Us is the only "new" IP, but it's nice to see so many PS2 reboots.

By "fresh", I meant new to the PS3

why do you even bother with him?

he gives out nothing but misinformation, he just said MLB 12 hasnt been announced. when in fact it has, and for PS3 and Vita with integration.

and the PS3 version will have full MOve support. every aspect will be able to played with move

That doesn't really add to this conversation either way because MLB is an annual franchise. What does having Move support have to do with anything, trying to advertize?

I can't be perfect, the OP thought that there were 2:1 exclusives on the PS3 vs. 360, why don't you attack him for making a much larger, blatent mistake? I do my best, but I'm not aware of every little game announced, and I did say I could be missing a few titles.

Why do you always follow me around, and if I get info the slightest bit wrong, insult and demean me? Still with MLB, that's 7 exclusives (If I didn't join this thread, would most of you still think 4 like in the OP?), which is a lot less then the 10+ of prior years, and I don't think all 7 of those games will release in 2012....

"I'm not aware of every little game announced, and I did say I could be missing a few titles"

why then should anyone take your claims seriously? especially so early ( its not even 2012 yet so there are defintely going to be more announcements as we go on ) and also especially when your main source of information is wikipedia?

"which is a lot less then the 10+ of prior years"

no its because you are counting to suit your flawed argument you haven't included games like motorstorm rc, ruin etc 

Around the Network

@ Michael

Do YOU realize that games can be announced next year as well? This year primarily because of vita Sony has had to announce a lot of games at various events. And we still have 4 huge games for the next year. How many first party games did MS and nintendo release this year? If 4 games from one publisher is dry then we were pretty much in draught throughout the gen.

o_O.Q said:

"I'm not aware of every little game announced, and I did say I could be missing a few titles"

why then should anyone take your claims seriously? especially so early ( its not even 2012 yet so there are defintely going to be more announcements as we go on ) and also especially when your main source of information is wikipedia?

"which is a lot less then the 10+ of prior years"

no its because you are counting to suit your flawed argument you haven't included games like motorstorm rc, ruin etc 

I am aware of more upcoming games for PS3 then most users on this thread, so even if I miss MLB 2012 being announced, I still understand the market better then most, and now that I know about it I will include it in all future debates.

Who cares if I use Wikipedia to look up games? The second info about games comes out, there is a page on Wikipedia, and if it's about a game I never heard of I do read about it on other sites like IGN.

How is my arguement flawed? Pre-2011, 2010, 2009, and possibly even 2008 we were aware of more exclusive titles then we are at the begining of 2012. Also it's very likely (according to Sony's past history) that one of two titles could take more then a year to develop, and be delayed into 2013, making 2012 an even dryer year.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

mantlepiecek said:

@ Michael

Do YOU realize that games can be announced next year as well? This year primarily because of vita Sony has had to announce a lot of games at various events. And we still have 4 huge games for the next year. How many first party games did MS and nintendo release this year? If 4 games from one publisher is dry then we were pretty much in draught throughout the gen.

Yes, but of those games how many will release in 2012? I think it's more likely that more games will get delayed from a tentive 2012 launch into 2013, then those who will get announced in the next 6 months and release in fall 2012.

2008-2011 Sony announced more games then they have at the start of 2012, that's my point! 7 games from 1 publisher is a lot, but for Sony, it's a lot less then normal.

and lets not bring in MS or Nintendo, otherwise I'll have 10 more comments saying "360's library is shit, blind support to PS3!!!" and that's just annoying. Also it defeats my point. All first party developers have a dry 2012 lineup, with only a couple of real AAA titles.

Michael-5 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Michael-5 said:

Those games you mentioned, all small volume Move games, or PSN games. Resistance is the only example of a game which was announced relativly early compared to release. Sony still holds that delayed reputation, with Last Guardian now at 3 years release after announcement. Last Guardian is right now.

I think for Sony, 2 years is the common annouce to release for most of it's franchises. Some games with bi-annually iterations get announced a single year before release (Uncharted, Resistance, etc), but many get delayed, sometimes drastically (LBP2, GT5, Killzone 2, etc).

As for the OP directly, I don't disagree about Sony's first party content over the last 4 years. That's why I didn't comment on that, it's a lot. I commented on the future, which looks dry. OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 First Party exclusives. Dust 514 is not first party, MLB 2012 has not been announced, and this is the first time I heard of Motorstorm RC.

The OP and I were incorrect about 4 First Party games. Jay pointed out Sly, and now you pointed out Motorstorm. That makes 6, which is significantly more then 4.

Still think it's a bit dry, but it's not as bad as it was before E3 2011 (when there were only 2 games announced for 2012).

1st paragraph unbold*

Did you just ignore my my first qoute on you, listing big games that was release with a 1 year timeframe when it was first announced? >_>

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4336341 

The reason I add more games is to show  "you" that Sony is not announcing their games far too early anymore while you. just keep on holding to GT 5, KZ 2, Last guardian and HR and using it as an indicator that Sony is still announcing games far too early. Why? when I already showed you that is not the case anymore and FYI Last guardian was revealed in 2007 so it's not 3 years. It was still known as project Trico back then.

I gave you  a list, why not give me a list of your own because you are still using games that was announced on 2005, 2006 and 2007. Show me more than 5 games that was announced far too early after 2008 and was released after 2 years. I challenge you.

2nd paragraph unbold*

I don't understand this can you elaborate? Are you suggesting that Uncharted 2 was announced 2 years before it was release?

FYI LBP 2 was not delayed drastically. It was delayed only for 2 mos.

3rd

OP didn't mention 2012, I did, and my reasoning was to make the upcoming lineup look more dry. If Sony often announces games2 years or longer before releasing their games, then we should expect less then 5 games for 2012, which is really....not much. PS3 is at the end of its life now, that's my pont.

Yes you are right and thank you for admitting it and that's why I am telling you, you are derailing the thread. What does 2012 line-up and Sony delaying the games has to do with this thread? The OP is just sharing his happiness and how happy he is that Sony is still delivering the goods and  honestly this is a very light hearted thread until you came in and posted the things you have posted.

Anyway, Why did you even want to make PS3 line-up look more dry? And why do you even want to tell him that. What's the deal? What's the problem? Did he said something that might hurt you or offend you? I am sorry dude but you seem like the guy that enters a party and trying to ruin it for the party maker and for everybody to put it simply "You are acting like a party crasher".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOLD*

MLB 2012 was already announced. >_>

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212061p1.html

It's not as massive as 2011 IMO ATM with Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, LBP2 and etc. and move games but I won't call 2012 PS3's line-up dry. 

Confirmed for 2012

Agarest war 2, Neptunia MK II, Yakuza Dead soul, Sly 4, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Ni no Kuni, Last of Us, MLB 2012, Motorstorm RC, Tales of graces F.

Not confirmed but has the possibilty to be release on 2012

Dust 514, The last guardian, Ruin, Sorcery.

And what stopping sony from announcing games next year and release it the same year. I already proven that they can do it.

Oh I missed your first paragraph, I only saw one about a bunch of Move games which got released within a year.

I did say games with bi-annual releases get announced much sooner to release (Uncharted's and Resistance games), but you did name 4 non-bi-weekly releases released within 2 years. So I'll give you some counter examples.

White Knight Chronicles was announced in fall 2007, and released in early 2010. Nearly 2.5 years.

MAG was announced E3 2008, and released January 2010, bit over 1.5 years

3D Dot Game Heros was announced August 2009, and released May 2010, that's nearly 2 years.

White Knight Chronicles 2 was announced at TGS 2009, and wasn't released until September 2011, thats close to 2 years.

The Last Guardian was announced in 2007,so it's over 3.5 years now.

Twisted Metal was announced E3 2010, but won't release until February 2012, that's 1 and 3/4 years.

Note, several of these games were announced before 2008, but these are the games Sony is releasing in recent years. If many of them were announced a while back, it's likely many of the current projects could be delayed. You argue that since 2008 Sony has released most of their announced exclusives on short timeframes, but that's just because the ones still in development since aren't released yet. This is a key point of logic (how can a game with a 3-4 year release to announce gap have been announced 2 years ago, and released?)

We son't see as many games with over 2 years development time, I agree, but who is to say Last Guardian won't be delayed another year? Heavy Rain was a recent title and that had a 3.5 year development time, GT5 was 5 years, and both of those games are recently released PS3 games. Yes I do keep bringing these games up because it's common for Sony to announce several of their games years before release, and this prroves my statement. Most games are about 2 years though, with a handful closer to 1 year.

Also to be fair, we could add GT6 to the list of upcoming games. Polyphony Digital has confirmed they are working on it, but haven't mentioned which platform. I doubt that game will release before fall 2013 though, so another 2 year wait at least.

Paragraph 2 - except for biannual releases like Uncharted, most of PS3's exclusives are announced 2 years before release.

Why does making a list of 2012 titls derail the thread? OP talks about upcoming games, I point out, there aren't many, and I doubt most of which will release any time soon (2012). If Sony announced 40 games tomorrow, to be released over the next 10 years, would you be shocked at the number of games, or realize that the content per year isn't much. I am the later.

Why did I want to make the line-up look more dry? To show the generation is coming to an end. All consoles are getting dryer line ups. Instead of being excited about the leftover PS3 games, we should be looking into PS4's.

"3D Dot Game Heros was announced August 2009, and released May 2010, that's nearly 2 years."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTgLTrTfqE

that was a third party game btw...

medieval moves deadmond's quest announced mid 2011 released late 2011

lbp 2 announced may 2010 released 2011 jan ( after a delay )

resistance 2 announced early 2008 released fall 2008

uncharted 3 announced dec of 2010 released nov of 2011

etc i formed this list lazily, i'm sure that i could find more examples for why stating that because some games are announced early that all are is a dumb argument

edit : furthermore i could also quite easily form a list of games nintendo and microsoft announced early as well does that mean all are? 

Michael-5 said:
mantlepiecek said:

@ Michael

Yes, but of those games how many will release in 2012? I think it's more likely that more games will get delayed from a tentive 2012 launch into 2013, then those who will get announced in the next 6 months and release in fall 2012.

2008-2011 Sony announced more games then they have at the start of 2012, that's my point! 7 games from 1 publisher is a lot, but for Sony, it's a lot less then normal.

and lets not bring in MS or Nintendo, otherwise I'll have 10 more comments saying "360's library is shit, blind support to PS3!!!" and that's just annoying. Also it defeats my point. All first party developers have a dry 2012 lineup, with only a couple of real AAA titles.

Twisted Metal is guaranteed release in 2012 because it was going to be released this year itself, but they delayed it just like LBP2.

Starhawk is already in beta stage, I don't see it getting delayed at all.

Last Guardian is mysterious so lets not consider it.

The Last of Us, this can get delayed, but it maybe released as well since its naughty dog and naughty dog has always used VGA + 1 year to release a game.

Sly 4, this will easily release next year, doesn't look like such an ambitious project to get delayed.

What did we get from Sony in 2010?