By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Anyway, my point was 2012 looks dry on on consoles, PS3 really needed the last of us, and The Last Guardian was delayed twice, once only two months before release, so I have no faith in that game releasing in 2012.

I see much less innovation in software then I did in 2007-2011.

twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper 4, dust 514, the last of us, the journey, yakuza, the last guardian ( i'm sure i'm missing games here ) etc are all confirmed for 2012 i don't really see how thats a dry lineup

Now you're changing the debat. Up to this point we were only talking about Sony first party IP's, not third party exclusives. Yakuza and Dust don't make this debate, and I never even heard of the journey. All you did was add Sly Cooper to make it 5 games, but honestly how many people care for that game? It's not a major title, and 2012 looks a lot drier for PS3 then 2009-2011 were.

personally i still don't see how 5 first party exclusives can be considered dry how many first party exclusives do consoles get in a year on average in general?

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Had to throw this wonderful list in! XD

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Sent you a link, PS3 has 87 exclusives using your definition. The least for a home console this gen, and by a large margin.

Every console has it's share of great games.

Anyway the point of the thread is the number of upcoming games is a lot, right? 5 first party exclusives and 3 more second party is only 1/10th of what PS3 already has. The future of the console is drying up, as with all 7th gen systems.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Anyway, my point was 2012 looks dry on on consoles, PS3 really needed the last of us, and The Last Guardian was delayed twice, once only two months before release, so I have no faith in that game releasing in 2012.

twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper 4, dust 514, the last of us, the journey, yakuza, the last guardian ( i'm sure i'm missing games here ) etc are all confirmed for 2012 i don't really see how thats a dry lineup

Now you're changing the debat. Up to this point we were only talking about Sony first party IP's, not third party exclusives. Yakuza and Dust don't make this debate, and I never even heard of the journey. All you did was add Sly Cooper to make it 5 games, but honestly how many people care for that game? It's not a major title, and 2012 looks a lot drier for PS3 then 2009-2011 were.

personally i still don't see how 5 first party exclusives can be considered dry how many first party exclusives do consoles get in a year on average in general?

For first party, Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010, and 9 in 2011. 5 is basically half of Sony's worst year, and one was just announced days ago.

Boutros I have no faith in Agent or Final Fantasy XIII Versus remaining exclusive, or even being PS3 titles. They have been delayed too many times, and making either game exclusive would cut profits tremendously.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

For first party, Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010, and 9 in 2011. 5 is basically half of Sony's worst year, and one was just announced days ago.

Boutros I have no faith in Agent or Final Fantasy XIII Versus remaining exclusive, or even being PS3 titles. They have been delayed too many times, and making either game exclusive would cut profits tremendously.

where are you getting your information from?

o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Where else? Wikipedia! Search List of PS3 exclusives, but note some games are cancelled, but Wiki doesn't say that (e.g. Huxley and Captain Blood on 360 are never going to release, so I didn't count them...PS3 in general is spot on).

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

Where else? Wikipedia! Search List of PS3 exclusives, but note some games are cancelled, but Wiki doesn't say that (e.g. Huxley and Captain Blood on 360 are never going to release, so I didn't count them...PS3 in general is spot on).

well wikipedia isn't a reliable source of info... but beyond that i'm satisfied with the line up for next year so far and i expect more games to be revaealed as we go into next year anyway

edit : " Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010" that can't be right

This is how i believe Sony should release there exclusives over the next few years

Early 2012
Starhawk
Twisted Metal

Mid 2012
Sonys fight game

Late 2012
The Last of Us
The last guardian
Quantic dreams new IP

Santa Monicas New IP
Guerrilla Games New IP

PS4
Uncharted 4
God Of War 4
KillZone 4
Gran Turismo6
Little Big Planet 3?

IMO this would be perfect because the PS4 is clearly going to have some big named titles for its debut with the last final years of the PS3 creating new IPs to become popular and become big named games just like the Uncharted series has with the PS3, this is all of course if the PS3 will be released in 2013 and that all these developers are developing these new titles etc

RareglovE said:
talking about Naughty Dog, second team i have the feeling they were the one responsible for UC2. and the team who made UC3 was the one making UC1.

*just assuming

All the problems in multiplayer really have more to with with the inclusion of split screen than anything else. It was a bad decision, but ne that attempted to expand the audience.

Sony needs to work on games that are specifically made for splitscreen. large sheets of metal, grass, halo-like setting really helps make the transition more fluid.  lots of broken bricks, ruins and creeping vines combined with human bodies is really asking a whole lot from multiplayer splitscreen.

IF that's what you're referring to...the quality of 3's multiplayer not being as good as 2, and more similar to 1.

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

I don't think Rockstar really has to worry about Agent being exclusive and "cutting into their profits tremendously". They have Grand Theft Auto V coming which is multiplatform. Plus Rockstar loves money, but they also enjoy doing things their own way and it sounds like Agent is being worked on with Sony.

Versus XIII will still make a bigger splash on PS3 if it goes multiplatform. Of course I think Sony would step in to get timed exclusivity at least if not to just buy the rights to it.

o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

well wikipedia isn't a reliable source of info... but beyond that i'm satisfied with the line up for next year so far and i expect more games to be revaealed as we go into next year anyway

edit : " Sony had 9 non Move exclusives in 2011, 13 in 2010" that can't be right

13 non-move titles: MAG, Heavy Rain, MLB: The Show, God of War 3, Mod Nation Racers, White Knight Chronicles, Buzz, TV SuperStars, Singstar, and Gran Turismo 5.

Actually it's 10. I didn't read the games and there were 5 Move titles (Sports Champions, The Shoot, Kung Fu Rider, Start The Party, and Time Crisis). Of those 10, I only think 3 are worthy of attention.

However reading the games, many of the 2010 titles were released in Japan in 2010, and in North America in 2011, so 2011 is actually 11 games, not 9.

Either way, 5 for 2012 <<< 2009-2011 PS3 lifespan. Indication that PS3 is over the hill, and my original point. Why is anyone shocked at the amount of first party games for 2012?