By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Hmm just a thought. When I joined this site I had a belief that Sony pumped out at least one exclusive new IP that rated well at metacritic or is considered as "good" every year. Funnily it was 2007 = uncharted, 2008 = LBP, 2009 = infamous, demon's souls, 2010 = heavy rain, 2011 = nothing , 2012 = starhawk, last guardian, 2013 = last of us.

Awesome. This will be the only year we didn't get a high profile new IP. Of course we did have DC universe online and other stuff like that but they are not as high stuff as say heavy rain and LBP.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Journey looks awsm. Digging your sig JustThatGamer!

Other than it being exclusive I doubt you think Journey looks awesome. Looks more like an artsy yawn fest.

mantlepiecek said:
Hmm just a thought. When I joined this site I had a belief that Sony pumped out at least one exclusive new IP that rated well at metacritic or is considered as "good" every year. Funnily it was 2007 = uncharted, 2008 = LBP, 2009 = infamous, demon's souls, 2010 = heavy rain, 2011 = nothing , 2012 = starhawk, last guardian, 2013 = last of us.

Awesome. This will be the only year we didn't get a high profile new IP. Of course we did have DC universe online and other stuff like that but they are not as high stuff as say heavy rain and LBP.

I thought TLOU was confirmed for next year.

non-gravity said:
Aldro said:
Journey looks awsm. Digging your sig JustThatGamer!

Other than it being exclusive I doubt you think Journey looks awesome. Looks more like an artsy yawn fest.

You got me. I just wanted a reason to praise his signature :*

Had to throw this wonderful list in! XD

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective.

PSN & Move titles are not included.

PS3(38):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Heavenly Sword
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
M.A.G - Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
SOCOM:Confrontation
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
White Knight Chronicles I
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time
Modnation Racers

+Collections if you missed them (4):
God of War Collection (2 Games)
God of War Origins (2 Games)
SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games)
Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

Around the Network
Aldro said:

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective.

PS3(35):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Resistance 3
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
SOCOM 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Modnation Racers

You missed White Knight Chronicles 1, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

You also have Resistance 3 on your list twice.

Not sure why you decided to exclude Move and PSN titles.

Jay520 said:
mantlepiecek said:

I thought TLOU was confirmed for next year.

Well I just assumed it would be delayed a little. Even then there's always a chance that last guardian will be delayed. Not that I want it to.

So two new IPs next year from Sony is kinda confirmed...

Sony has a large and talented first party studio lineup now (arguably one which rivals Nintendo's), and I'm glad of it. I would, however, like to see something from all of the games speculated in your post. Most of them likely exist, but it's difficult to get hyped about a title.

The Last Of Us looks fantastic, as do Twisted Metal and Starhawk, but they're not main series games, and The Last Guardian is seriously starting to worry me. Some more stuff is bound to be announced soon, but there aren't actually many officially announced first party games on the horizon from Sony.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Had to throw this wonderful list in! XD A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games). My definition of exclusive: A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted. Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective. PSN & Move titles are not included. PS3(38): Uncharted 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Uncharted 2 God of War 3 The Last Of Us The Last Guardian Twisted Metal Killzone 3 Killzone 2 LBP2 LBP1 Gran Turismo 5 Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge InFAMOUS 2 InFAMOUS 1 Starhawk Warhawk Uncharted 1 Demons Souls Heavy Rain Heavenly Sword Resistance 1 Resistance 2 Resistance 3 Motorstorm 3 Motorstorm 2 Motorstorm 1 M.A.G - Massive Action Game SOCOM 4 SOCOM:Confrontation Valkyria Chronicles White Knight Chronicles II White Knight Chronicles I Yakuza 4 Yakuza 3 Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time Modnation Racers +Collections if you missed them (4): God of War Collection (2 Games) God of War Origins (2 Games) SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games) Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

Tridrakious said:
Aldro said:

PS3(35):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Resistance 3
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
SOCOM 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Modnation Racers

You missed White Knight Chronicles 1, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

You also have Resistance 3 on your list twice.

Not sure why you decided to exclude Move and PSN titles.

Cheers man, updated. (Although I excluded Lair.. Dont ask XD)

As for Move and PSN;
I simply are not interested in the vast majority of those games. Same goes for XBLA and Kinect games. I don't know, I suppose you can call this list "Core games..?" Meh, lets just call it: Aldro's preference list xD.