By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

The xiii-2 ending has left me asking questions and wanting to know more, I feel like I need to carry on with the adventure. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'd love to go and at the same time it wasn't the type of ending I was hoping for. I'm all confused! What could actually happen if there was a 13-3? How would it work?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

The xiii-2 ending has left me asking questions and wanting to know more, I feel like I need to carry on with the adventure. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'd love to go and at the same time it wasn't the type of ending I was hoping for. I'm all confused! What could actually happen if there was a 13-3? How would it work?

Well, i think

there has to be some sick paradox to fix what happened there.. :B as i see the ending, there would be 2 way's to continue based on the game's logic:

A.) Caius creates the World he wants, raping Noel in the Face, and eventually killing him, and everyone else who dares to rebell against the beeing that is Caius,. also i think Caius didnt die, he just tricked Noel into releasing Chaos. Noel didnt kill Etro, he just Unleashed whatever held back Caius up to this moment. ... And they (Caius and Yul) live hapilly ever after.

B.) The Unleashed Chaos allows a Gate to be opened, which may lead to get a living Version of Lightning and Serah into the current time and age, and with that party, you travel through the devastated mixture of Pulse and Walhalla, eventually killing Caius once and for all. since everything is possible, they may even revive Etro through a Paradox, and get her into the party to rape Caius.

But then again...Square opened Pandora's Box, explaining everything as a paradox... so the possibilities are endless. but we can say for sure that either good or bad will happen in the end.

@Yul and Caius

i think Yul is just a fucking whore that tricked Noel from the getgo, but she didnt betray, she just stood there and watched things happen.

@TIme and another possibility for what is after the ending:

I think Square portrayed Time as a Circle, not as a line that keeps getting onward, which would give "if you change the future, you change the past" a bit of sense... its hard to imagine, but once you get the hang of it, its quite possible. think of it as something that rotates, not something that flow's.  if we take it this way, we can't make any real conclusions either though... since Noel and Serah fucked around with time and paradoxes alot, the stuff in both directions changes inevitabely,.. tho', Caius could change things back the way they were after Serah and Noel went Apeshit.. after all, he keeps the timeline as it is, as the Guardian of Chaos. (i wont accept that he is, in any way, a servant of Etro.. but well, Etro could be also the whore that gave him exactly this Mission, to create an eternal Wallhalla..) ... So yeah, when Caius is fixing things back, making S&Ns actions Meaningless, he may be pulling the strings that way that AF0 and AF700 (again, dont use those numbers internally, time isnt something that keeps onward here, its something that repeats.. should be more like .. dunno.. 360° 'til 270° ) keep repeating.

... gosh, i hate how all of that makes me think LOL.

edit:

forget what i said about good or bad, i think it just repeats, or some paradox opens up (Well, i think Paradox can be seen as things that break out of- or into the so called "Circle" i declared to exist above) and suddently fucks with Caius the way that he may not be able to react properly to it,.. screwing the Circle. Or changing it.

edit 2:

i platinumed the game, but i think i will put it back into the console before the Sazh DLC releases, for some reason, i want to max out my Chocobo's, or just replay some scenes... Oo!

also, if you have any other explanation for the stuff posted above, gimme your theories!!!

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Okay Guys, i dont think the following is the case, but if there was any chance of an hint, given to us by Square.. Noel.. Kreiss...    ... Kreis is the word for "Circle" in german,..

i think i quite like my "Time is a Circle" theory.

*Mind: Blown.*

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Well ive just read that square enix shed some light on the "to be continued" scene and have said it wont be a sequel but rather a big peice of DLC. i know people will rebel against this saying it's an obviouis scam to get extra cash out of the game. But seriously i dont give a toss! if they release this i will be there straight away. i need to find out what the hell is going on. theres so many unanswered questions that could all be resolved in DLC and i will buy them all :). yes this game has seriously grabbed me and pulled me in.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:

Well ive just read that square enix shed some light on the "to be continued" scene and have said it wont be a sequel but rather a big peice of DLC. i know people will rebel against this saying it's an obviouis scam to get extra cash out of the game. But seriously i dont give a toss! if they release this i will be there straight away. i need to find out what the hell is going on. theres so many unanswered questions that could all be resolved in DLC and i will buy them all :). yes this game has seriously grabbed me and pulled me in.

i agree completely. i think we can say for sure that the story and ending can be seen as something that closed off perfectly the moments the credits rolled in, and if they want to add something to it for afterwards, why not!

also, i dont hate on Square for the DLC thing, because sooooooooooooo many developers did and/or do the same day in day out, so it would be unfair to unleash the whole nerdrage onto them, they are all guilty in the same way.  I mean look at Assassins Creed... they started with AC1, and the story still isnt finished there. .. though, i hope this wont become the inevitable form of telling the story as a whole  for the next FF games, because this might be pissing me off... but i honestly dont think so.

Around the Network

The DLC thing, is probably researched by marketers in videogame companies. They analyze how far they can push people while increasing profit and losing a minimum amount of people. I can't say for sure SE is doing this, but other industries do this.

Square's Kinda done the DLC thing before in Japan only you had to rebuy the whole game. Like FFVII didn't have the ruby/emerald weapons, FFX, X-2. Not getting Omega DLC, card games, weapons, is annoying to me. But, IDK. 

The clothes really isn't a bid deal to me, because aside from X-2 You can't change the clothes of character. And it's just cosmetic.

How do I correctly do spoiler tags?

Rob-Ot said:

How could you feel FFXIII was less linear?
If anything FFXIII-2 made me see what a joke of a game FFXIII really was, a straight line, no extras (something simple like mog abilities made me go back to old maps to discover new secrets), no memorable villain, no replay value, no nothing. I'm sorry but FFXIII just wasn't fun...it felt like an interactive movie, a terrible movie at that. FFXIII-2 just felt fun.

Regarding endings, least XIII-2's ending made sense, FFXIII's didn't even make sense at all, I had to go around forums to read so called "theories" on forums to see how it made sense.

People are liking FFXIII-2 more as it's a far more competent RPG, the only thing FFXIII has over it is graphics pretty much in my opinion.

But I can see if you loved FFXIII then FFXIII-2 might be a disappointment as it is a pretty different game overall.

I disagree with the rest of your post, especially the part about not having replay value, a memorable villain and the ending not making any sense, but I'll focus on why I felt FFXIII-2 was more linear.

The main thing that made FFXIII feel less linear for me was the fact that I was always progressing. I don't care if I was walking through a corridor, because it felt like I was actually advancing through the game, the amount of distance you cover and scenery you see in FFXIII is huge. Sure you might not be able to backtrack in the first half of the game, but I didn't really feel the need to, I had done everything I needed to do in the time I spent in each area. The only area where I felt I needed to backtrack and explore was Gran Pulse, and that's exactly what they allowed me to do.

With Final Fantasy XIII-2, there are only a small selection of zones and most of them are very small, infact, most of them are just trimmed down areas of Final Fantasy XIII (Oerba, Yaschas Massif and the Archylte Steppe especially). There is no feeling of progression either, you can spend hours in the small sandboxes in Final Fantasy XIII-2 and barely achieve anything. The Gran Pulse section of Final Fantasy XIII is almost as big as Final Fantasy XIII-2 itself, the only difference being, in Final Fantasy XIII it is all connected, being able to walk from Yaschas Massif all the way to Oerba gave me a huge sense of freedom.

Crystalchild said:
@Brendude:

i'll definetly have to replay FFXIII, went into it with skyhigh expectations.
the one Major thing that FFXIII-2 makes better is the villain though, imo. (and the ending, in all fairness. it, at least, makes you think.)

I think most people should.

The hype and reaction to the game when it first came out has twisted people's opinions.

ishiki said:

How do I correctly do spoiler tags?

if you make a reply, there is a "Styles" window in the editorial bar. click on it and select "Spoiler." (Its right next to "Paragraph", on the very right.)

also, yeah, youre kinda right, all those revamped editions the japanese get... *just remembered videos of the enhanced XII Version* .. sucks even more of course, but as you said, its a profit - thing.

brendude13 said:
Crystalchild said:
@Brendude:

i'll definetly have to replay FFXIII, went into it with skyhigh expectations.
the one Major thing that FFXIII-2 makes better is the villain though, imo. (and the ending, in all fairness. it, at least, makes you think.)

I think most people should.

The hype and reaction to the game when it first came out has twisted people's opinions.

absolutely. while i still think the  authenticity of the Protagonists definetly lacks here and there (i mean, just take FFVIII as an example... pretty extreme, but you could tell the difference in their personalities.), and sooo much of the incredibely deep and interresting Lore was stashed into the FU**ING Datalog, .. its ultimatively the Hype for it that kicked it into Oblivion for so many., becuase its a Final Fantasy, and it has to live up to people's expectations to see something even better than VI/VII or whatever is your favourite entry. (though, it definetly isnt a 90+ Candidate for Metacritics, at least in my opinion, it wasnt THAT good either.)