By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

Rob-Ot said:
VXIII said:
Never knew about Chichu , even so, I wouldn't use a monster looks so stupid and ugly :p

Yet you told us to get Twilight Odin :p

At least he has a presence in the battlefield .

Around the Network

MAJOR MAJOR ENDING SPOILER ALERTS SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

ok I've just finished the game and saw the ending an it's left me with questions so if anybody who has finished it can answer please could you!?

-Ok so I got to the cinematic action scene when you have to choose to show mercy or kill caius. I chose to show mercy but obviously he still dies as he grabs the sword himself and kills himself. What happens if I chose th either option to kill him?

-does serah always die in the end??

- Is there a good and bad ending because it seems that I got a really bad ending Serah died, Mog seemed to die and the world just went into chaos!

-what happens in the "secret ending" when you finish it with all fragments?

SPOILER END SPOILER END SPOILER END SPOILER END SPOILER END SPOILER END.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:

ok I've just finished the game and saw the ending an it's left me with questions so if anybody who has finished it can answer please could you!?

-Ok so I got to the cinematic action scene when you have to choose to show mercy or kill caius. I chose to show mercy but obviously he still dies as he grabs the sword himself and kills himself. What happens if I chose th either option to kill him?

- Is there a good and bad ending because it seems that I got a really bad ending Serah died, Mog seemed to die and the world just went into chaos!

1. The exact same thing.

2. Yes.

3. There are 8 paradox endings, they aren't exactly a serious conclusion to the story though, just a bit of fun.

4. Caius is sitting on Etro's throne and I believe he talks about how there are no other possibilities, other than the world turning to shit. You can find it on Youtube.

Has anybody seen how expensive the character costumes are? £1.59 for Serah in a bikini? REALLY?

brendude13 said:
Has anybody seen how expensive the character costumes are? £1.59 for Serah in a bikini? REALLY?

Clevage isn't free!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
StokedUp said:

1. The exact same thing.

2. Yes.

3. There are 8 paradox endings, they aren't exactly a serious conclusion to the story though, just a bit of fun.

4. Caius is sitting on Etro's throne and I believe he talks about how there are no other possibilities, other than the world turning to shit. You can find it on Youtube.

So it seems that there can only be bad endings then, I wonder what will happen with the "to be continued " thing? I'm hoping some big DLC as I'm eager to find out and I don't think I could wait that long for a xiii-3 (although it would be great)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
brendude13 said:
StokedUp said:

1. The exact same thing.

2. Yes.

So it seems that there can only be bad endings then, I wonder what will happen with the "to be continued " thing? I'm hoping some big DLC as I'm eager to find out and I don't think I could wait that long for a xiii-3 (although it would be great)

The Ending is good, since i fell in love with Caius. And my love even strengthened when he (9. Ending: ) tells ya in the face how he fucking trolled the entire game ololol.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

StokedUp said:
brendude13 said:

1. The exact same thing.

2. Yes.

I think there is too much that needs explaining for it just to be continued through DLC, for the game to be completed through DLC would be completely out of order too.

-Start rant-

The problem is, I don't even want a sequel though, the story is just too weak for me to be interested in a continuation from FFXIII-2 and the gameplay has been completely burnt out, especially the battle system. I wish they had just wrapped it up at the end, or just made the story better. The story in FFXIII-2 was poor, and didn't build on the story in the original game whatsoever. When FFXIII-2 was announced I wanted a game with a story that felt relevant to the original, not some disjointed shit, full of plotholes, that happened in a distant future that I don't even care about.

How people prefer this over the first one, I'll never know. People who have completed FFXIII-2 need to clear their minds and take another look at FFXIII, and reassess which game actually felt like a real Final Fantasy. Hell, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I even felt that the first one was less linear.

-End rant-

@Brendude:

i'll definetly have to replay FFXIII, went into it with skyhigh expectations.
the one Major thing that FFXIII-2 makes better is the villain though, imo. (and the ending, in all fairness. it, at least, makes you think.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

How could you feel FFXIII was less linear?
If anything FFXIII-2 made me see what a joke of a game FFXIII really was, a straight line, no extras (something simple like mog abilities made me go back to old maps to discover new secrets), no memorable villain, no replay value, no nothing. I'm sorry but FFXIII just wasn't fun...it felt like an interactive movie, a terrible movie at that. FFXIII-2 just felt fun.

Regarding endings, least XIII-2's ending made sense, FFXIII's didn't even make sense at all, I had to go around forums to read so called "theories" on forums to see how it made sense.

People are liking FFXIII-2 more as it's a far more competent RPG, the only thing FFXIII has over it is graphics pretty much in my opinion.

But I can see if you loved FFXIII then FFXIII-2 might be a disappointment as it is a pretty different game overall.