By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3?

Which is better?

Uncharted 2 178 36.48%

Uncharted 3 174 35.66%

See results 136 27.87%

Total:488

Uncharted 2 was a way better game for 2009 than Uncharterd 3 for 2011.

+ UC2 was a huge step up from UC1 while UC3 compared to UC2 is more ''meh... been there/done that''

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Uncharted 2, give it a year for the newness to wear off and most those saying Uncharted 3 will change their mind.

MadeInDK said:
Thats pretty good, seems they are on to something.. 13 mill this gen..

Other numbers this gen.. (can't compere totally. these are not shippet, but sold to consumer)

Mariokart (wii) (1 games) 30 mill
Mario (new, galaxy i+2) (3 games) 40 mill
Halo (halo 3, reach odst) (3 games) 26 mill
Just dance 1-3 (3 games) 15,5 mill.

Completely off topic posting those numbers. Should save it for a sales thread.

Story: Uncharted 2, 3 was a copy and paste in terms of formula the ending was almost the same, so was beginning and the only main difference was adding hallucinogenic drugs (not really, but it was the most interesting difference).

Single player game play: Uncharted 2, 3 was great,but the good shooting parts only came 1/3 of the way in and the puzzles in the beginning were boring. Uncharted 2 had better puzzles and good gun play from start to finish.

Multiplayer: Easily Uncharted 3, Not boring, great maps and great upgrade system. I will have to go back to it if I ever stop playing skyrim and actually open my copy of rage.

Winner = Uncharted 2 because the single player matters more to me in tps. A masterpiece of a game and one that will be remembered decades later as groundbreaking in terms of putting together story and action so well.

If I had Super Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike in front of me and I wanted to play a fighting game, I would probably grab SSF2 without a second thought. SF3 may be "better", have more features, and requires more skill but it's missing something.

Same applies to Uncharted. U3 looks better and does some new things and arguably requires more skill to play. I'd grab Uncharted 2 and play that instead.

For the record, I felt the same way about Super Mario Galaxy.  Newer doesn't always mean better.  Sometimes, it just means "more".

Uncharted 3 is a better game, but Uncharted 2 was more amazing. I expected near perfection from Uncharted 3 and I got that. I didn't expect near perfection from Uncharted 2, but that was what I got.

They are both amazing games, and if I had to play one, I would definitely play Uncharted 3, but it wasn't as amazing when I first played it as Uncharted 2

Around the Network

Someone who hasn't played Uncharted 2 before, what did you think about Uncharted 3??

I guess for that person... Uncharted 3 is perfect like Uncharted 2 is for most guys here.

I think everyone including us UC3 fans would hate on UC2 if the games were reversed:

Eg. We played UC1 first, and then came UC3 which was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID THEY DO ALL OF THIS.

And then comes UC2 which is.. like.. oh okay they decided to go this route.. I dont really like it. Its like they ran out of ideas! I mean the boat level and the plaane daaayum!!!

Judging by the poll, 35% liked UC3 more and 39% liked UC2 more. Considering UC2 is one of the highest rated exclusive this generation and the game that won the most GOTY awards this generation, Id say ND did a fucking well job :D.

@Aldro

That's my point too... if the guy played U3 before play U2... he will think U3 undoubtedly a better game.

Aldro said:

I think everyone including us UC3 fans would hate on UC2 if the games were reversed:

Eg. We played UC1 first, and then came UC3 which was like HOLY SHIT HOW DID THEY DO ALL OF THIS.

And then comes UC2 which is.. like.. oh okay they decided to go this route.. I dont really like it. Its like they ran out of ideas! I mean the boat level and the plaane daaayum!!!

Judging by the poll, 35% liked UC3 more and 39% liked UC2 more. Considering UC2 is one of the highest rated exclusive this generation and the game that won the most GOTY awards this generation, Id say ND did a fucking well job :D.

I dunno.  Maybe we hold U3 to a higher standard or something but, personally, I usually have no problem saying that the newer game is the better game.  I preferred MGS2 to MGS1 and MGS3 to MGS2.  It's just that MGS4 did so much wrong that I hold MGS3 as the pinacle of the series.  Yeah, MGS4 had deeper gameplay, better online, and such but it was possibly too ambitious and made mistakes that MGS3 didn't. 

I think Zelda games got better and better since OoT but I'm not really feeling Skyward Sword, yet (only played a few hours, though).  Gears 3 is better than Gears 2 which is better than Gears 1.  Devil May Cry 2 sucked but Devil May Cry 3 is awesome--and Devil May Cry 4 is weak.  God of War got better with every new entry.  Fable 2 is better than Fable 3.  Saints Row 2 is waaaaay better than SR1 but SR3 (while a very good game) is missing probably half the activities in SR2.

I don't think it comes down to which one we experienced first.  I think many of us honestly feel that Uncharted 3 didn't live up to Uncharted 2.  I won't make a laundry list of things U3 could have done better.  I do think that, if we weren't looking at graphics, most of us would feel that the single player campaign of Uncharted 3 wasn't quite as well written and performed as the SP in U2.  And many of us would still think that U2 was more of a game and U3 was more scripted. 

My opinion, of course.

d21lewis said:
And many of us would still think that U2 was more of a game and U3 was more scripted.

Really? U3 has more control scenes than U2... U2 is more scripted.

It could have more cinematic movies but the game give to you more control than U2... in U3 you have more control of Drake than U2.

For me it all boils down to feeling about something new (U2) and more of the same (U3).