By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3?

Which is better?

Uncharted 2 178 36.48%

Uncharted 3 174 35.66%

See results 136 27.87%

Total:488

I see the results are quite close which interests me. Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 are both great games in my opinion. I do see Uncharted 3 has been receiving some hate due to it's new profound popularity and obviously the sequel to one of the best games this gen. In my opinion Uncharted 2 was easily the best game of 2009. Although when God of War 3 came out I think Uncharted 2 just lost its throne of best PS3 exclusive. And for me God of War 3 was the best exclusive of all time when it came out and I thought that was the peak for all PS3 games despite it not having MP (I'm a big MP guy).

Campaign: So that joyful moment when I opened Uncharted 3 thinking it to be a great game but possibly the 3rd best exclusive on the PS3 (behind God of War 3 and GT5) (I do that with all my games "judge how good it'll be ") The first half was great I really liked the opening much different from Uncharted 2's opening and looking to lead to a better story. So as I stated before the first half was great or par with Uncharted 2's first half but behind God of War 3's first half (much behind) As I reached the second half everything had improved drastically. From the visuals to the gameplay and intense story had just gotten better. From the airstrip mission to the dessert just seemed so improved I just had to keep playing. This did take a slight toll in my marks but I've got to say it was worth it. The final mission was much better than Uncharted 2's and even better than God of War 3's. Overall just basing the single player Uncharted 3 is the much better than Uncharted 2 but still behind God of War 3.

Online MP/Co op: Now this is the best part of Uncharted 3. I did like the beta a lot but the actual game was just so much more better. I really can't go too far with this one becuase once I start I won't be able to shut up. The kickback system is a new unique system I've never seen before and it really helps. (It's when you get a certain amount of metals and you get a reward such as an RPG for 10 medals. It's really helpful in the middle of a firefight as they usually last longer. (similar to Halo) The customization just rasied the bar for UC3. With competitive and co-op loadouts, brand new models, clothing and other dress wear kickbacks, medal kickbacks, customization for guns e.t.c. made the online mode much more playable and the enviornments and maps are so much bigger, and interactive this time around it's easily has the best online a game could hope for. The co-op was also really great easily one of the best I've seen in a game. With a seperate level system for the co-op mode cutscenes in story based co-op, survial, hunter mode e.t.c. Uncharted 3 easily kills this section over Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2's online was good but didn't stand a chance agaisnt Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 doesn't just have the best online in its series but the best online of all time. The only thing I could complain about was the shooting mechanics which has been updated to Uncharted 2 shooting mechanics as well so that doesn't bother me at all. 

So overall Uncharted 2 did have it's high's and low's but did turn out to be a great game infact one of the best game of the year. Uncharted 3 on the other hand didn't just turn out to be my game of the year. But easily the best game I've played of all time. Beating great games such as GT5, God of War 3, GTA 4, the Halo series , Gears of War 3 and many others.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:
The biggest Uncharted fans have spoken (Aldro & ethomaz). Don't listen to the inferior Uncharted fans.

You forgot me I listed as my favourite game of all time... beating out GT5, God of War 3, Gears of War 3 and Halo Anniversary and many other top notch games 

I don't know man. Aldro write 5-paragraph essays to express his love for Uncharted. Are you willing to put in that work?

I will soon. University work really kills me. 

I can't much more about U3 without spoilers... the parts I have loved and show how ND put this game so far ahead of U2 should be played by each one without any hint or spoilers.

I can't make a review without show some surprises .

Uncharted 2.. it's like a hot girl you fell in love with.. Uncharted 3 is her sister... almost the same.. small differences.. and sure she's younger.. but you saw the hot girl first so you'll love her more.. in the end.. I would do both.. true story..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Uncharted 2.. it's like a hot girl you fell in love with.. Uncharted 3 is her sister... almost the same.. small differences.. and sure she's younger.. but you saw the hot girl first so you'll love her more.. in the end.. I would do both.. true story..

Epic .

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
NiKKoM said:

Epic .

More like this.

When playing Uncharted 2 I saw a really hot girl who I was l seduced by. Uncharted 3 is her friend... 10 times more hotter, younger and it's like love at first site. And just like you I would do both. But when that friend has a friend... it speaks for itself

Uncharted 1 jacked me off
Uncharted 2 gave me head (a VERY good head I might add)
Uncharted 3 allowed me to put it in.

UC4 ANAL?
Tehehehehehe >:)

Aldro said:
Uncharted 1 jacked me off
Uncharted 2 gave me head (a VERY good head I might add)
Uncharted 3 allowed me to put it in.

UC4 ANAL?
Tehehehehehe >:)

Receiving or giving?

Signature goes here!

@Truck
Whatever you prefer! ;)

To watch? Probably Uncharted 3. To play? Quite frankly, I think I would go with Drake's Fortune here.