By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3?

Which is better?

Uncharted 2 178 36.48%

Uncharted 3 174 35.66%

See results 136 27.87%

Total:488

I am about to receive my copy of Uncharted 3 (£25, yay) and I was thinking of how the community seems a bit divided about this game. Some people seem to think that U3 just doesn't innovate enough or even less polished than U2.

So I am curious. Which is better in your opinion, U2 or U3?

I'd be grateful if you keep it spoiler-free or at least put spoiler warnings.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Uncharted 2. The shooting mechanics in U3 are a step back IMO.

I think U2 is MUCH better.

The story is involving and has a great plot. U3, has a lot of unused potential in its story. Gameplaywise, they are almost the same, but U2 has more epic moments and is longer.

Uncharted 3 is better... it is more polished.

About innovate? Well... no uncharted innovated... just picked up everything that is good and joined in a amazing game (one of the best of all time).

SlumsofOhio said:
Uncharted 2. The shooting mechanics in U3 are a step back IMO.

In the new patch there are an option to use the old (U2 style) aim.

Around the Network

I also believe Uncharted 2 was a little better.

I'm a bit disappointed by the way they handled the characters in U3 (don't want to spoil anything).

Also, the multiplayer has issues. Pretty big issues. The matchmaking is awful (but it was awful in U2 as well). It's frustrating when you're level 10 to be against level 75s -.-

Short version: Uncharted 2 is the best of the two.

Long version (spoiler free):

I thought UC3 started way too slow, so slow that I didn't feel like starting another playthrough when I finished the game. Also, they made the parts where Drake is walking through the desert way too long.

The story in UC2 is more enjoyable, Lazarevich is ten times the vilain that old English Lady is (don't remember her name). Chloe and Elena look weird in UC3, I don't know why they messed with their UC2 models which were perfect (except for Chloe's eyes).

The hand-to-hand fighting is not that good (it's square, square, square, the occasionnal triangle push or circle tapping, rinse and repeat). It wasn't good in UC2 either but you were forced to use it only once, in UC3 there's many occasions where you HAVE TO use it, it's quite boring.

(Slightly spoilerish if you don't know the set pieces already) As for set pieces for me it goes:

Shambala >>>>>>>> Ubar
Nepal Mountains >>> Desert
Cruise Boat >>>>>> Train

Signature goes here!

Too late for that, I already sold it.

For me, U2 is a 10 and U3 is a 9.5

UC2 was slightly better. UC2 had a better story in my opinion.But more puzzles in UC3 is a great thing :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!