By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3?

Which is better?

Uncharted 2 178 36.48%

Uncharted 3 174 35.66%

See results 136 27.87%

Total:488

I see U2 is winning. At least I know I shouldn't expect to be mindblown.

And BTW, what is it about U3's aiming that people complain so much about it?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:

Habit I guess... needs more time to get used... new gamers doesn't feel the difference .

Anyway for old gamers ND released a patch with the U2 aim style.

I'm using the new style.

Edit - The video below shows the difference.

Single Player: I thought they were both pretty even, though Uncharted 2 is a bit longer.

Multiplayer: Uncharted 3, no contest. It's one of my favorite MPs and I thought UC2's multiplayer was average.

Overall I'd say Uncharted 3. I can see myself playing this much longer than Uncharted 2.

Troll_Whisperer said:

They just can't aim. UC3 has more recoil and the reticle breaks apart more sporadically (is that a word?) when shooting. It forces you to put forth the effort to control your shots by actively changing your aim and shooting in bursts to prevent your gun from losing control. This is much harder than UC2's system where you basically had to aim and pull down the trigger without worry of control-issues. I personally prefer UC3's system. It promotes you to constantly adjust your aiming & makes basic shooting more tactical. Also preventing newcomers from being competent, it takes a while to get used to.

UC3 hands down.

Uber long read =

------------------
And I just have to get this off my chest.

I do know some people will disagree, and some will agree; but quite frankly, I don't give a damn xP.

Since 2008 June, I was wow'd beyond what I thought was possible when I played MGS4 after I just joined these boards. I was like; Whats the fuzz all about? (as I really had no idea about games in general, and the communities, reviews etc; I just bought whatever I found in stores).

Short said: I played MGS4, pledged alliengence to Sony for having the greatest game I have ever played on their platform (don't ask XD). Ever since then, I have continued to be amazed by games like Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. One for each year, respectively. And while all of those games have been truly outstanding, despite U2's 96, and GoW3's 92, none of them in my opinion could really combat MGS4, despite it's 94.

I had really watched a lot of UC3 videos and stuff, so I honestly felt a bit sad over that fact just the days before I was to get it. But after playing this, I only have one statement to make:

I did not think it was possible. I did not think I was going to ever be amazed at how well a game has been made. Metal Gear Solid 4 presented a Story that was so complex, and while years of reading up on it, playing the past games and understanding it to a certain extent; some things did not fully make sense to me. Regardless, I love the game(s), I love the character(s) and I love the way Kojima has created the MGS franchise. Now I need you all to sit down if you aren't already (that goes for smartphone users as I am asuming you're sitting if you're infront of a PC XD).

Uncharted 3, is the greatest game that I have played in my life time thus far. From the amazing story telling, audio/soundtrack/voice acting, the holy shit fuck making epic melee mechanics that I fucking love so badly YOU have NO idea, the insane cutscenes, the graphics that will NOT be beaten until the next generation launches (yes I seriously believe that), from fire, to water, to sand, from the plot and twists that I truly was shocked to see despite watching so much of the game before release, from the love-able characters all the way to the despise-able villains...

This game is my favourite game this generation and since this is my first generation where I truly feel like i took part in something; Uncharted 3 is the best game I have ever played. E V E R. I realize this is a bold statement, and ofcourse we all have different taste but this simply applies to me; and i wanted to share it. I can't wait for what the future holds. Naughty Dog are the most talented developers on the PS3 in my opinion and I see the Uncharted franchise becoming very very spoken about in the future; as the pinnacle of story telling with great interaction. It really makes Uncharted 2 and MGS4 feel like movies where you barely interact!

The game also had soundtracks with arabic "feel" to them, with arabian language and well.. I am persian, but it was so amazing to see the middle-eastern parts.

I simply had to share my opinions! Keep this a happy topic please, or don't keep this alive at all. Read if you wish.

Thank you Naughty Dog!

Thank you!
------------------

Gonna throw in UC2 and say I felt it was ..a tad overrated. Yes I went there!
All honesty though, UC3 is like.. "MY GAME" if you know what I mean. It really REALLY appeals to me for everything it is. The questioning of Drakes character and ..JUST PLAY THE GAME WILL YOU!

I love it.

Around the Network

The biggest Uncharted fans have spoken (Aldro & ethomaz). Don't listen to the inferior Uncharted fans.

Also, don't listen to any posters with under 1,000 posts. They are likely alts just trying to boast they're favorite game.

Also, don't listen to Truck. He's just sad that he never won gamRewards.

Also, don't listen to Boutros...ever. He said FFXIII was a good game.

That leaves the reasonable & objective Uncharted fans: Aldro, ethomaz, coolbeans, & Jay520. There's a unanimous agreement that Uncharted 3 is superior.

Jay520 said:
Also, don't listen to any posters with under 1,000 posts. They are likely alts just trying to boast they're favorite game.

Also, don't listen to Truck. He's just sad that Nathan showed less ass than in UC2.

That leaves the reasonable & objective Uncharted fans: Aldro, ethomaz, coolbeans, & Jay520. There's a unanimous agreement that Uncharted 3 is superior.

I have metacritic to back me up on every point. FFXIII = 83 (Good game). U2 = 96 ­ ­­> U3 = 92.

Also, it IS true that Nathan's butt in U2 > in U3. Major letdown.

Boutros said:
Jay520 said:

Also, don't listen to Truck. He's just sad that Nathan showed less ass than in UC2.

I have metacritic to back me up on every point. FFXIII = 83 (Good game). U2 = 96 ­ ­­> U3 = 92.

Also, it IS true that Nathan's butt in U2 > in U3. Major letdown.

UC2 = 96 > every single PS3 and Xbox 360 game aside from GTA 4

Wow what an accomplishement, and they managed to put out another 92 metacritic after having a game THAT good? DAYUM! :D

@OP
Uncharted is the highest acclaimed new franchise of this generation. You should play it and you will love it. Nitpicking is possible with any game, and feeling let down depends on people and what they expect HOWEVER I believe most that vote for UC2 will still say UC3 is a great game. Its just that they (and I quote a sentence from The 40 year old virgin) "Put the pussy on a pedastole". In this reference, the pussy is Uncharted 2 XD.

I have completed UC2 4 times (over the course of 2 years) and UC3 12 times (over the course of less than a month). I tried to play UC2 again the other night but I only made it to borneo until I was terribly bored. Like I said it depends on people. UC2 is an amazing game in my opinion, but it doesnt appeal to me at all like UC3 does. I was hyped beyond anyone when it came to UC3 and while that has failed me before, it amazingly enough delivered beyond expectations for me.

Jay520 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

They just can't aim. UC3 has more recoil and the reticle breaks apart more sporadically (is that a word?) when shooting. It forces you to put forth the effort to control your shots by actively changing your aim and shooting in bursts to prevent your gun from losing control. This is much harder than UC2's system where you basically had to aim and pull down the trigger without worry of control-issues. I personally prefer UC3's system. It promotes you to constantly adjust your aiming & makes basic shooting more tactical. Also preventing newcomers from being competent, it takes a while to get used to.

I can aim, but my problem lies in the sensitivity. I can turn it all the way up, and I still had trouble targeting sprinting enemies. The melee segments become repetitive and multiplayer can, and wil be a struggle for new players because of the broken matchmaking system.