By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3?

Which is better?

Uncharted 2 178 36.48%

Uncharted 3 174 35.66%

See results 136 27.87%

Total:488
ethomaz said:
@Aldro

That's my point too... if the guy played U3 before play U2... he will think U3 undoubtedly a better game.

I don't think so, UC3 would still have long boring fist fights if I played it first. And then, I would play UC2 and think "Good thing that they've learned that fist fights are not Uncharted's strong point".

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
ethomaz said:
@Aldro

That's my point too... if the guy played U3 before play U2... he will think U3 undoubtedly a better game.

I don't think so, UC3 would still have long boring fist fights if I played it first. And then, I would play UC2 and think "Good thing that they've learned that fist fights are not Uncharted's strong point".

Both games have the first chapters just about fight/stealth... there are no difference... and the Meele system in U3 is way better with so many combinations.

ethomaz said:
d21lewis said:
And many of us would still think that U2 was more of a game and U3 was more scripted.

Really? U3 has more control scenes than U2... U2 is more scripted.

It could have more cinematic movies but the game give to you more control than U2... in U3 you have more control of Drake than U2.

Not talking about the controls--U3 adds quite a bit to the older game--I mean the parts where you actually get to play.  U3 has (or seems to have) more moments where you want to run but can't, more moments where you want to shoot but aren't allowed to, more moments where you can't mess up climbing, and more moments when the game is saying "Hey, look at this!  Isn't it awesome?" Instead of letting us do what we want.

Again, I don't want to make a laundry list (I've already done that before).  U3 is a great game.  I just think U2 is a better game.

ethomaz said:
TruckOSaurus said:
ethomaz said:
@Aldro

Both games have the first chapters just about fight/stealth... there are no difference... and the Meele system in U3 is way better with so many combinations.

***** SPOILERS AHEAD *******

I'm not talking about the stealth system, it's fine in both games. I'm talking about the fight in the bar, the fight in the street, the fights against the huge guys and the final boss fight. The melee system is bad in both games but UC3 forces you to use it a lot.

Signature goes here!

d21lewis said:
ethomaz said:
d21lewis said:
And many of us would still think that U2 was more of a game and U3 was more scripted.

It could have more cinematic movies but the game give to you more control than U2... in U3 you have more control of Drake than U2.

Not talking about the controls--U3 adds quite a bit to the older game--I mean the parts where you actually get to play.  U3 has (or seems to have) more moments where you want to run but can't, more moments where you want to shoot but aren't allowed to, more moments where you can't mess up climbing, and more moments when the game is saying "Hey, look at this!  Isn't it awesome?" Instead of letting us do what we want.

Again, I don't want to make a laundry list (I've already done that before).  U3 is a great game.  I just think U2 is a better game.

I'm curious (I am genuinly interested in your opinion) about your list of reasons. This isn't a Forza vs Gran Turismo thread, no one's going to attack you, well, I won't at least. We haven't seen a lot of really good thread around here lately, but this seems like a thread with potential to spark a good, deep, discussion. Not like graphics threads or Forza vs GT or anything like that.

I hope to read a lot of interesting opinions in this thread, maybe I'll discover some things that I may have missed. I think if you give a list of reasons, that would prompt ethomaz or someone to discuss what you said reasonably & spark a good discussion & inform those who haven't played either. Or maybe it'll turn into a flame war with UC2 fanboys vs UC3 fanboys, I dunno. I guess when someone finds flaws in a game I find near-perfect, I become confused as to why, espescially if they are a fan of Uncharted-type games (which you obviously are). Which leaves me wondering about why they feel the way they do. I dunno, it's kinda like when you were interested in Brendude's reasons for not loving Gears of War (yes, I stalk your wall).

Around the Network

Personally they are equal (or round up to be equal). Uncharted 2 had a bigger impact on me to be honest, the joint biggest impact a game has ever had on me (Metroid Prime is the other). Uncharted 3 feels like it's part of a completely different franchise and because of this delivers fantastic moments that I'll surely never forget. Uncharted 2 clearly has the best battle out of the franchise but Uncharted 3 delivers a fantastic ending cutscene. Uncharted 3 has a much more structured online mode as it is more balanced than Uncharted 2, however there are still minor issues with the online. Naughty Dog should have used the Uncharted 3 storyline as a sequel to Uncharted's, they tie in more better. People are marking down Uncharted 3 because they didn't expect Uncharted 2 contain all the things it did.

Final verdict: Uncharted 2 (98%)=Uncharted 3 (98%)

Jay520 said:
d21lewis said:
ethomaz said:
d21lewis said:

I'm curious (I am genuinly interested in your opinion) about your list of reasons. This isn't a Forza vs Gran Turismo thread, no one's going to attack you, well, I won't at least. We haven't seen a lot of really good thread around here lately, but this seems like a thread with potential to spark a good, deep, discussion. Not like graphics threads or Forza vs GT or anything like that. I hope to read a lot of interesting opinions in this thread, maybe I'll discover some things that I may have missed. I think if you give a list of reasons, that would prompt ethomaz or someone to discuss what you said reasonably & spark a good discussion & inform those who haven't played either. Or maybe it'll turn into a flame war with UC2 fanboys vs UC3 fanboys, I dunno.

I don't want to spoil it for anybody.  Just look up one of the older Uncharted 3 impressions threads--probably made by Aldro. I'll try to google......

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136239&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136464

Just seek out the Zapp Brannigan posts........

OK, I started playing U3 today and I have completed the first one hour or so. I am where SPOILERS SPOILERS you find the device that is activated with the ring END OF SPOILERS.

I know it's not much to judge at all, but I guess I should give a few impressions. The game opens much slower than U2, and so far, bar the fist fights (which seem quite simple really) it doesn't seem better than U2's opening hours. I do like what they have done with the storytelling though, and so far it seems to have a lot of potential in that department, we shall see.

So yeah, too soon to judge really. Nothing has made me think 'wow, this has improved so much since U2' but I barely just started. The game is slow now but that doesn't bother me much, I actually spend some time looking around for treasures and such and enjoyed the environments.

One thing that bothers me quite a lot: there are really no bonuses or medals? No making of? I loved that in U1 and U2...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Jay520 said:
The biggest Uncharted fans have spoken (Aldro & ethomaz). Don't listen to the inferior Uncharted fans.

You forgot me I listed as my favourite game of all time... beating out GT5, God of War 3, Gears of War 3 and Halo Anniversary and many other top notch games 

dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:
The biggest Uncharted fans have spoken (Aldro & ethomaz). Don't listen to the inferior Uncharted fans.

You forgot me I listed as my favourite game of all time... beating out GT5, God of War 3, Gears of War 3 and Halo Anniversary and many other top notch games 

I don't know man. Aldro write 5-paragraph essays to express his love for Uncharted. Are you willing to put in that work?