By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Why does most music made after ~2000 suck?

Do you believe the music industry has gone downhill during the 2000s?

Yes 79 69.91%

No 29 25.66%

Maybe 5 4.42%

Total:113

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8s5G0nSvco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNCrLV8W_M

Both bands formed before 2000 but all their CDs have been released after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
aavidbacon said:

I like Lady gaga, but to say she produced rock just because it has a guitar is a little too much.  Michael Jackson had guitar in his songs too, still a Pop singer. The best of all time IMO, RIP, but still a Pop singer.

In the last 15 years we had Red Hot, System and White Stripes to say a few. All had music that are goodbets for that title.

I love the song, it is Rock, but I'm only pulling your leg.

The best rock song, IMO, since 2000...

It's great. Despite Foo Fighters not starting in the 00's, the song itself came from 2005.

Foo Fighters are for The Pretenders.

here is some real shit 

Carl2291 said:
aavidbacon said:

I like Lady gaga, but to say she produced rock just because it has a guitar is a little too much.  Michael Jackson had guitar in his songs too, still a Pop singer. The best of all time IMO, RIP, but still a Pop singer.

In the last 15 years we had Red Hot, System and White Stripes to say a few. All had music that are goodbets for that title.

I love the song, it is Rock, but I'm only pulling your leg.

The best rock song, IMO, since 2000...

It's great. Despite Foo Fighters not starting in the 00's, the song itself came from 2005.

Sorry, Foo Fighters is not my kind of music, but I tell you, I would die to be on that stadium at the same time that Jimmy was, best song perfomed at that night(of the show posted), IMO.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

If youre looking for good new bands that have a raw sound look into Deer Tick, Cotton Jones, older My Morning Jacket maybe some older Band of Horses. anything by Black Keys really pre Brothers (Rubber Factory), Fleet Foxes and id venture to stretch Bon Iver's new album and Wilco is always a solid choice, Jeff Tweedy is this generations Bob Dylan, IMO.

Foals, Arctic Monkeys, Spoon, TV on the Radio are making the best music of their careers and i believe only Spoon was around before 2000 albeit very limited.

Great new music is out there, the fact youre looking for "bands that sound like" means youre limiting yourself and will be disappointed regardless.

PullusPardus said:

here is some real shit 

Indeed.

Around the Network

whats with young people today and their backwards hats?

VGKing said:
morenoingrato said:
the standar set was too high, I mean, Jonas Brothers were trying to become The Beatles, WTF?

Were they really? Its just the media that was doing the comparisons.

Unfortunately, all popluar 3 member bands 

3 Member Bands

3 Member

Carl2291 said:
PullusPardus said:

here is some real shit 

Indeed.

Give it a listen you might go and re-edit this post.

lol maybe not as good as the 80s but the pop scene is bangin these days

justin bieber put out 2 awesome albums no lie, my world 1 and 2.0 are really good, you got david guetta killin prods for anyone, just blaze still in hip hop, jay z and ye makin albums together, samples up the yang that prods absolutely slayed, mash-up being bigger, glitch being bigger, everything is just as good now.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

and if you are into video game music, especially nintendos stuff like me, the brawl soundtrack alone kills every other game soundttrack out there and its like 250 songs.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.