By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VII to be remade for 3DS.

sethnintendo said:
leatherhat said:
sethnintendo said:
leatherhat said:

The 3ds almost equals 10 year old tech? Color me impressed. 

That is how Nintendo rolls for hand-helds.  GBA ~ SNES, DS ~ N64, 3DS ~ GC.  If you have a problem with that then don't buy a Nintendo hand-held.  They wait for the tech to be reliable and have a price reduction for their hand-helds.  You know that it is more expensive to shrink the specs of home consoles systems down to hand-held size.

You missed the point

Oh, were you being sarcastic in a good way?  I tend to misinterpret posts sometimes due to not knowing if it is serious or not.  I could come up with a few other excuses but that seems like the best one to me.

I was saying that the remake of a hallmark RPG shouldn't be done on a handheld thats 10 years behing the curve

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
padib said:
leatherhat said:
sethnintendo said:
leatherhat said:
sethnintendo said:
leatherhat said:

The 3ds almost equals 10 year old tech? Color me impressed. 

That is how Nintendo rolls for hand-helds.  GBA ~ SNES, DS ~ N64, 3DS ~ GC.  If you have a problem with that then don't buy a Nintendo hand-held.  They wait for the tech to be reliable and have a price reduction for their hand-helds.  You know that it is more expensive to shrink the specs of home consoles systems down to hand-held size.

You missed the point

Oh, were you being sarcastic in a good way?  I tend to misinterpret posts sometimes due to not knowing if it is serious or not.  I could come up with a few other excuses but that seems like the best one to me.

I was saying that the remake of a hallmark RPG shouldn't be done on a handheld thats 10 years behing the curve

Funny how nobody had an issue asking for a FFVII remake when the PS2 was released. Now we have  console quite superior to the PS2 (the 3DS), yet you're still reluctant.

Color me skeptical.

PS3 tech wasn't antiquated when it was released. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Rafux said:

I'm not that sure but I think FFVII was produced by Sony so I don't see it coming for 3DS.

What?

FF7 was supposed to come to the N64 but then moved to the PS. FF games are SquareEnix property and produced by them. Sony has nothing to do with the games :P

OP: this is going to be fun! The Sony fans + internet + remake of FF7 not on PS hardware = meltdowns!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

brendude13 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Teo said:
Like its been said, Sony is the publisher of FFVII in NA.

Okay for that last time. Sony doesn't own the rights to FFVII in the North America.

Why do you get so touchy everytime someone mentions this?

Being the publisher of a game means you usually have some rights to it, just like Mass Effect, you know, the game in your avatar. If you don't think SONY has any rights to FFVII in some way or another then post information proving this, rather than posting three "facepalm" GIF's.

Because I've been seeing people repeat the lie for 14 years. The gifs adequately express my annoyance. Using your broken logic, Nintendo would own the Final Fantasy franchise because the published the original game. There is a difference between publishing an IP and actually owning it. You bring up Mass Effect but neglect to mention that MS funded the development and published the original Mass Effect. MS only signed a deal for the first game and EA bought Bioware in the interim. Which is why EA owns the rights to ME2 and ME3 but not ME1.

:lol it hasn't even been confirmed yet and people are already getting sensitive. It's like a sample for the meltdowns and MEGATONz if it is indeed confirmed. ( which is unlikely)

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

This thread is funny. More people care about any possible meltdown than the game itself.

And you call yourself gamers...

Darc Requiem said:

Because I've been seeing people repeat the lie for 14 years. The gifs adequately express my annoyance. Using your broken logic, Nintendo would own the Final Fantasy franchise because the published the original game. There is a difference between publishing an IP and actually owning it. You bring up Mass Effect but neglect to mention that MS funded the development and published the original Mass Effect. MS only signed a deal for the first game and EA bought Bioware in the interim. Which is why EA owns the rights to ME2 and ME3 but not ME1.

Sony published the original game in America and PAL territories. This must count for something, just as it counts for something that Microsoft published Mass Effect. It doesn't have anything to do with funding, I can give you proof of this by pointing you to the GTA Episodic content. Microsoft funded the games with $50 Million but they both still came to the PS3.

Publishing means a lot. It's why NInja Gaiden 2 didn't release on PS3, despite Ninja Gaiden Sigma doing really well. Microsoft published it. It had to be done as a late port, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Can I ask you a question now please? Why has Final Fantasy VII been always walking hand-in-hand with anything Sony? Sony published the original. Sony had Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Sony distributed Advent Children (The Blu-ray version had its own "Cloud Black" PS3 Bundle). Sony licensed Last Order. I think the only non-Sony venture with FF7 has been a mobile game released Years ago.

If this "Remake" for the 3DS is Final Fantasy VII... Don't expect Final Fantasy VII. Expect one of the spin offs, most likely the Mobile game, Before Crisis.

Sony would bid everything to keep VII exclusive, they probably own some rights over it anyway considering they own all the translations, which is probably also the reason X HD is PS3/V exclusive, they translated it for EU.

'Remade'? I think it will be a port, and most likely DQ VII since FFVII it's a technical mess for today's standards.

Why would they care. It could be a DQVII port and still sell more overall in Japan than a full remake of FFVII would sell wordwide in the 3DS.

padib said:
To all those thinking FFVII would be weird on the 3DS, image how Nintendo fans felt when Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Metal Gear and all these games went Playstation on us. Anyway, Sony has a lot of payback to do, figuratively speaking, so none of this "I would be disgusted if FFVII came on the 3DS", actually history says "It was about fuckin time!"

Final Fantasy was Nintendo's fault and Metal Gear was simply a port to the most popular system at the time.

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by using cartridges, people like to forget that the N64 could only have 64mb games and multiple cartridges wouldn't have been profitable. I think it's the primary reason why Final Fantasy ended up on Playstation rather than a Nintendo console, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I could understand if they put it on the 3DS if the PS Vita used GBA cartridges, but it doesn't. Why would they alienate their biggest fanbase?

Darc Requiem said:
brendude13 said:

Why do you get so touchy everytime someone mentions this?

Being the publisher of a game means you usually have some rights to it, just like Mass Effect, you know, the game in your avatar. If you don't think SONY has any rights to FFVII in some way or another then post information proving this, rather than posting three "facepalm" GIF's.

Own the Final Fantasy franchise? When did I say that? Squaresoft and Nintendo were never really that close I believe, all the Final Fantasy games were published by SQUARE. I never commented on how closely involved SONY was with the production of Final Fantasy VII, you did, all I asked was that you provide some facts before you start belittling people without backing up your claim whatsoever.

As for Mass Effect, I already knew that. Why did you think I bought it up? Mass Effect was funded and published by MS, in the same way that Final Fantasy VII COULD have been funded and published by SONY. I know that FFVII was published by SONY in certain regions, as for how closely they were involved in the production or funding of the game, I don't know. That could decide if SONY has rights to the game or not, which is why I asked you for the information.

I'm just sick of people getting hard-ons over seeing Final Fantasy VII fans who are Playstation owners getting shafted. If Halo Anniversary was a PS3 exclusive you wouldn't expect Xbox 360 owners to keep quiet would you?

EDIT: Carl beat me to it.