By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VII to be remade for 3DS.

First of all Final Fantasy 7 wasn't Sony. They published it. Nintendo published the first 6 FF games in American and Sony did that in America for 7-10. Since SE ported FF1,2,4,5, and 6 to PS1 and it was published by Sony again in America.
Dragon Quest VII and FFVII will be on 3DS eventually.

"Nintendo fan for life"

Around the Network

FF7? No way.

DQ7? Very likely.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

kanjitech18 said:
Dragon Quest VII seems more likely since Square-Enix seems to like DQ on Nintendo systems. But...Oh how I would love to see the faces of people if Final Fantasy VII remake actually was for the 3DS.

Not really Dragon Quest/Warrior started on NES. The only games that wasn't on it Nintendo Platform was Dragon Quest VII and VIII.  Same with Final Fantasy started on NES. Square Enix can port the game to other platform all they want cause they develop it and published in Japan. Also they can get Nintendo America to published it the enhance remake. 

Seeing LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D with Final Fantasy VII in 3D is great. If it succeed Third Parties will be back on Nintendo.

"Nintendo fan for life"

If Final Fantasy VII Remake is limited by the 3DS HW, it will be the biggest let down in gaming history. Same could be said if it was gonna be on the PSP or PSV. Final Fantasy VII needs to be on a home console.

This is obviously Dragon Quest.

Carl2291 said:
If Final Fantasy VII Remake is limited by the 3DS HW, it will be the biggest let down in gaming history. Same could be said if it was gonna be on the PSP or PSV. Final Fantasy VII needs to be on a home console.

This is obviously Dragon Quest.

Pretty much this, itd be a total let down if the game comes to a handheld, I couldnt care less if the remake comes for a Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft plataform (or for all of them) as long as it comes to a home console.

Around the Network
padib said:
leatherhat said:

Not a rant, but nice job trying to make me look crazy. And the static backgrounds of bravery default are ps2 quality. 

I don't want to make you look crazy, I just want you to see your mistake. Static bgs are static bgs, you can make them nice pretty much on any platform as of the PSX. What you should look at are the characters. There are more jaggies on FFX for example. No diss, I liked FFX, I'm just pointing out a fact, that's all.

Plus it's a well known fact that 3DS > PSP in terms of performance, that 3DS almost = Wii, and that PSP almost = PS2.

I think I've said it all.

The 3ds almost equals 10 year old tech? Color me impressed. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

One thing though, why are people acting like Sony owns FF7 or somethin? It wasn't even a Ps1 exclusive.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
One thing though, why are people like Sony owns FF7 or somethin? It wasn't even a Ps1 exclusive.

It was a Third Party Exclusive for PS1. Although before it was in development for PS1 it was on N64. When Square Soft saw PS1 seller better in japan they shifted over to it. It was never owned by Sony they have nothing to do with the game but the American Publishication.

"Nintendo fan for life"

NintendoFanDj said:
cyberninja45 said:
One thing though, why are people like Sony owns FF7 or somethin? It wasn't even a Ps1 exclusive.

It was a Third Party Exclusive for PS1. Although before it was in development for PS1 it was on N64. When Square Soft saw PS1 seller better in japan they shifted over to it. It was never owned by Sony they have nothing to do with the game but the American Publishication.

He's talking about the pc port. Lol at the topic creators attempt to get more views do you really believe ff7 will come out on 3ds like really? Honestly if it were to ever be remade it would have to come out on vita or home consoles 3ds would not do it justice. I think vita would be pretty impressive crisis core already looked leagues better then ff7 and that was a psp game imagine what a psv or a  version would be like.

padib said:
leatherhat said:
cyberninja45 said:
leatherhat said:
What a waste to do FF7.

I don't think either would be a waste. FF7 would look great with a Bravely Default like finish.

It looks like a ps2 game at best

Eufff...

It looks more like a Wii game than anything.

Here's what a PS2 game looks like:

Despite an incredible job by Square on FFX, the picture quality is vastly superior on the 3DS. Now imagine what square could've done with 3DS' capabilities for FFX and your ranting dims.

Personally i think ff10 is a way better looking game then that 3ds game. The only thing the 3ds game seem to have over it is the resolution looks better on a smaller screen the character and enemy detail in 10 destroys brave default or whatever the game is called