By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday 2011 Week deals are set. Make your predictions.

Indeed some very nice BF sales for the X360. This will be a monstrous week for them no doubt. Also some decent deals for Wii and PS3. I think a 1 million week for X360 on BF week is not out of the ball park on this one. These deals are leaps and bounds better than what was offered on BF 2010. Here is what I'm thinking for the Americas week sales:

X360: 775K
Wii: 560K
PS3: 440K

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
PS3 also had GT5 launch during BF week last year, did that come with bundles?

I'm pretty sure there were some in Canada. Don't recall for US. GT5 actually pulled batshit numbers in Canada first week, like over 200k not including bundles.

Anyway, OT. Really hard to predict this year, particularly for Wii which had Donkey Kong release that week as well. Nintendo boosts during the holidays are always much bigger, but so far this year that doesn't seem to be holding true, at least not in the lead-up to things. Both HD consoles will be available for the magic $200 and we'll probably be seeing huge numbers for both. But then again Wii will be available for $99 for the first time ever if I'm not mistaken. Nintendo will need to claim a YOY victory if they want to even have a hope of getting close to their projection. My prediction:

360: 725k
PS3: 525k
Wii: 675k

:Edit: Actually there were GT5 bundles, but only in Best Buy with the purchase of a Bravia TV.

Any source for 200k first week for GT5 in Canada? Hard to believe this really.

Why are you guys thinking the Xbox 360 could do something in the 800k range? I expect 650k max.

650k Xbox 360
450k PS3
450k Wii

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

shanbcn said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
PS3 also had GT5 launch during BF week last year, did that come with bundles?

I'm pretty sure there were some in Canada. Don't recall for US. GT5 actually pulled batshit numbers in Canada first week, like over 200k not including bundles.

Anyway, OT. Really hard to predict this year, particularly for Wii which had Donkey Kong release that week as well. Nintendo boosts during the holidays are always much bigger, but so far this year that doesn't seem to be holding true, at least not in the lead-up to things. Both HD consoles will be available for the magic $200 and we'll probably be seeing huge numbers for both. But then again Wii will be available for $99 for the first time ever if I'm not mistaken. Nintendo will need to claim a YOY victory if they want to even have a hope of getting close to their projection. My prediction:

360: 725k
PS3: 525k
Wii: 675k

:Edit: Actually there were GT5 bundles, but only in Best Buy with the purchase of a Bravia TV.

Any source for 200k first week for GT5 in Canada? Hard to believe this really.

Actually I was mistaken. Just under 200k.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122987

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

360 750 K or above
PS3 400 K but can't see much more
Wii 550 K but who knows with Zelda and crazy RRP...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

360 700k max
Wii 400k
PS3 250-300k

Edit:  3DS 350k

PSP:  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAROFLCOPTER!!!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

nightsurge said:
yo_john117 said:
Wii: 600k
360: 490k
PS3: 370k

You are predicting the 360 this BF to be down almost 200,000 YoY? Even with way more deals this year?

Yes, mainly because last year Kinect was the big thing which drove sales on BF plus the deals last BF were about the same as this one. The only reason why the 360 did so good this past week was because of the special consoles which really boosted sales. So I do expect it to be down.

Plus whatever I think is going to happen with consoles, the opposite usually happens

360 650k
Wii 450k
PS3 370k

Last year's BF was a few weeks after Kinect release so Xbox 360 got a huge boost from that. Even with this years amazing deals I don't think 360 will sell more than last year. Wii will be down yoy at least 20-30%. PS3 should sell the same as last year thanks to the pricecut.

I have inside figures so I won't be giving an exact prediction.

That being said 360 will be the top grossing system in NA by a huge margin, and will be well over 800k WW.

yo_john117 said:
nightsurge said:
yo_john117 said:
Wii: 600k
360: 490k
PS3: 370k

You are predicting the 360 this BF to be down almost 200,000 YoY? Even with way more deals this year?

Yes, mainly because last year Kinect was the big thing which drove sales on BF plus the deals last BF were about the same as this one. The only reason why the 360 did so good this past week was because of the special consoles which really boosted sales. So I do expect it to be down.

Plus whatever I think is going to happen with consoles, the opposite usually happens

Hahaha, well that's good about the last part there!

However, to your part regarding the sales being about the same, that is entirely untrue. Last year, the best deals for 360 were basically $50 gift cards. This year it is possible to get any model/package of a 360 console for at least $100 off AND/OR have gift card deals on some of them. Even Kinect standalone is on sale for $50 off or with gift cards.