By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday 2011 Week deals are set. Make your predictions.

I have inside beliefs so I will be giving an exact prediction

for vgc americas

360 890
ps3 410
wii 600

new x-box 360 model (with many added features) has been doing wonders for MS, 09s BF for 360 was in the 300k range i believe

someone should make a i believe 360 will be the first console to sell 1M+ in 2011, i'd feel bad for some of the members had i been 100% pro MS, the MS fans on here dont do nearly the amount of boasting (except maybe selnor with some of his graphics threads) there console deserves game and sales wise

Play Me

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
yo_john117 said:
nightsurge said:
yo_john117 said:
Wii: 600k
360: 490k
PS3: 370k

You are predicting the 360 this BF to be down almost 200,000 YoY? Even with way more deals this year?

Yes, mainly because last year Kinect was the big thing which drove sales on BF plus the deals last BF were about the same as this one. The only reason why the 360 did so good this past week was because of the special consoles which really boosted sales. So I do expect it to be down.

Plus whatever I think is going to happen with consoles, the opposite usually happens

Hahaha, well that's good about the last part there!

However, to your part regarding the sales being about the same, that is entirely untrue. Last year, the best deals for 360 were basically $50 gift cards. This year it is possible to get any model/package of a 360 console for at least $100 off AND/OR have gift card deals on some of them. Even Kinect standalone is on sale for $50 off or with gift cards.

Weird I thought the deals were about the same. Oh well guess I'm wrong on that.

360 will win easily... PS3 will be over Wii... numbers??? Hummmm.

360 700k
PS3 450k
Wii 400k

Undertra... ops... not here .

Seece said:
osamanobama said:
BenVTrigger said:
I have inside figures so I won't be giving an exact prediction.

That being said 360 will be the top grossing system in NA by a huge margin, and will be well over 800k WW.

soo.. you have numbers from the future?

No, he works high up for a gaming retail chain (biggest in US I think he's said before) and sees all the numbers on consoles being shipped into stores across the country.

He also said a couple of weeks ago MS were sending in mad 360 shipments.

Yes I work for the biggest retail chain for gaming in the US.

I've seen the shipment numbers for 360, and they are massive.  No exageration when I say in NA as a company as much as 3 to 1 for Black Friday shipments. 

Now I won't be more exact because I can't really but needless to say expect a rediculous Black Friday for the Xbox.

BenVTrigger said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
BenVTrigger said:
I have inside figures so I won't be giving an exact prediction.

That being said 360 will be the top grossing system in NA by a huge margin, and will be well over 800k WW.

soo.. you have numbers from the future?

No, he works high up for a gaming retail chain (biggest in US I think he's said before) and sees all the numbers on consoles being shipped into stores across the country.

He also said a couple of weeks ago MS were sending in mad 360 shipments.

Yes I work for the biggest retail chain for gaming in the US.

I've seen the shipment numbers for 360, and they are massive.  No exageration when I say in NA as a company as much as 3 to 1 for Black Friday shipments. 

Now I won't be more exact because I can't really but needless to say expect a rediculous Black Friday for the Xbox.

And that is with Gamestop's deal not being the best one out there this friday.  It will be interesting to see the numbers.  Do all numbers take longer around this time of year since there is so much going on?  I haven't seen pre-order numbers or the americas preview yet this week...

Around the Network

not a sales analyst or anything but...
360-550k to 650k
PS3-450k to 600k
Wii-300k to 500k

Some people are doing ridiculous predictions so here's mine... for the Americas

Wii - 700k
PS3 - 480k
360 - 1.1m

At 99$ Wii systems will fly like hotcakes. Just because it's in decline doesn't mean it's going to stop selling at 99$. I will buy one this week end just so I can have one and I know a lot of people that will do the same.

PS3 may have good deals but its still less apealing than a 360. People here may be praising Uncharted like it's the new god system seller but really during the holyday the system sellers are casual games, COD, Assassin's Creed, Halo and Skyrim. PS3 will do strong numbers like every years but still far from the other two.

Kinect will rise again and shut all haters up. At 99$ ans 199$ bundled it's going to sell like crazy. You have to look everywhere to realise casuals are ready to make the jump. They waited 1 year and played different games. It's the new party machine... I don't expect 2008 Wii like sells but I think we'll all be surprised.

Overall more than 2 milions game consoles will be sold this week end,

@Jazz2K: Total BF hardware sales (consoles+handhelds) for Americas were around 2,8M for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010. Despite systems getting cheaper total hardware sales did not explode in the past and I don't think they will explode this year.

nikosx said:
@Jazz2K: Total BF hardware sales (consoles+handhelds) for Americas were around 2,8M for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010. Despite systems getting cheaper total hardware sales did not explode in the past and I don't think they will explode this year.

It's just a crazy prediction like many ;)

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/black-friday-2011-fry-s-with-180-xbox-360-kinect-bundle-and-half-off-games

4GB X360 with Kinect only $180 ...