By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday 2011 Week deals are set. Make your predictions.

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Anyone seriously predicting that 360 will be dramatically ahead of Wii (by like over 200k) are going to be mistaken. This will be the first holiday where Wii is available at a $99 price point. I don't expect it to utterly dominate the holidays like it has in the past but you should still see a very large initial spike relative to its current sales level.

I like how you judge other peoples predictions yet you have PS3 doing 525k in one week in Americas when that's what it did for the entirity of last november last year. X360 being ahead by that much (given the deals and Wii not jumping ahead as much as usual) is far more likely than PS3 doing 500k in one week in Americas.

You talking about USA or Americas? My prediction is for the latter.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Oct 2010 to 27th Nov 2010:

Console PS3
America

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Anyone seriously predicting that 360 will be dramatically ahead of Wii (by like over 200k) are going to be mistaken. This will be the first holiday where Wii is available at a $99 price point. I don't expect it to utterly dominate the holidays like it has in the past but you should still see a very large initial spike relative to its current sales level.

I like how you judge other peoples predictions yet you have PS3 doing 525k in one week in Americas when that's what it did for the entirity of last november last year. X360 being ahead by that much (given the deals and Wii not jumping ahead as much as usual) is far more likely than PS3 doing 500k in one week in Americas.

You talking about USA or Americas? My prediction is for the latter.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Oct 2010 to 27th Nov 2010:

Console PS3
America

USA, and I check sales for the month and we have Wii flat with it's NPD numbers, 360 100k over, and PS3 200k, do I doubt the discrepency. Not to mention BF week sales are much more U.S orientaited.

Wii 450k
PS3 420k
Xbox 700k

Call me crazy, but I think the 360 will sell 1 million consoles or more WW on Black Friday week.

postofficebuddy said:

At Walmart only and you will need to spend at least $20 more for a game.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:

In fairness this 199+ 2 game bundle is the absolute best deal on the ps3 that America has ever seen. By quite a wide margin too. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Wii: 600k
360: 490k
PS3: 370k

yo_john117 said:

You are predicting the 360 this BF to be down almost 200,000 YoY? Even with way more deals this year?

yo_john117 said:

WTF? O_o

Anyway:

Wii: 500k

PS3: 450K

360: 800k

I really hope 3DS sells 800k-million, but it is probably unlikely