By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday 2011 Week deals are set. Make your predictions.

postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Anyone seriously predicting that 360 will be dramatically ahead of Wii (by like over 200k) are going to be mistaken. This will be the first holiday where Wii is available at a $99 price point. I don't expect it to utterly dominate the holidays like it has in the past but you should still see a very large initial spike relative to its current sales level.

Ouch, over 300k ahead at least

And your point is? You underpredicted Wii by almost 200k.

Given 360 did 800k on BF, and a further 160k through the rest of the week, it's hard to believe Wii was above 360 there. Wii likely did around 600k.

You said loads of people would be mistaken though

Around the Network
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:

And your point is? You underpredicted Wii by almost 200k.

Given 360 did 800k on BF, and a further 160k through the rest of the week, it's hard to believe Wii was above 360 there. Wii likely did around 600k.

You said loads of people would be mistaken though

:lookoversunglasses.jpg: Oh really?

"Nintendo have done some of the legwork for us, as they announced today that the Wii broke its previous record of Wii sales on Black Friday itself, topping 500,000 units. Sales for the week are expected to top 650,000 units."

I'll admit 360 surprised me though. Although the BF concentration is shockingly high. Especially given that Saturday had several BF deals continuing as well. If the 800k had been given out of context I would have easily assumed total week sales significantly higher than 960k. Probably closer to 1100K.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Man my Wii prediction and PS3 prediction look like they are pretty good...but my 360 prediction was just atrocious.

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Anyone seriously predicting that 360 will be dramatically ahead of Wii (by like over 200k) are going to be mistaken. This will be the first holiday where Wii is available at a $99 price point. I don't expect it to utterly dominate the holidays like it has in the past but you should still see a very large initial spike relative to its current sales level.

I like how you judge other peoples predictions yet you have PS3 doing 525k in one week in Americas when that's what it did for the entirity of last november last year. X360 being ahead by that much (given the deals and Wii not jumping ahead as much as usual) is far more likely than PS3 doing 500k in one week in Americas.

Heh heh. What was that Seece? Anyway, looks like I was almost dead on with my Wii and PS3 predictions. 360 shocked everyone though.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4