By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what are the must play hd games

Metal Gear HD collection - No Comment =)

Ico + Shadow of the Colussus - Just Epic

Uncharted Series - No Comment =)

Mass Effect Series - I hear they are very good

Demon Souls and/or Dark Souls - If you want a good challenge

Just a few to consider

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

but i genuinely dont know what hd means. sue me

It means High Definition (vertical resoltion > 720p)

aka PS3/X360 games

You really didn't know?

miz1q2w3e said:
man-bear-pig said:

It means High Definition (vertical resoltion > 720p)

aka PS3/X360 games

You really didn't know?

ahh, seems obvious now. thanks

DO NOT get Final Fantasy XIII ... actually get it, so we have one more person on the forum to say it how it is and tell everyone what a piece of garbage it is.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
DO NOT get Final Fantasy XIII ... actually get it, so we have one more person on the forum to say it how it is and tell everyone what a piece of garbage it is.

amen soul sista

Around the Network

^^ But... Lightning <3

Lost Odyssey/Tales of Vesperia
God of War 3/Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Gears of War trilogy / Uncharted trilogy
Skyrim / Dark Souls
Forza 4
MGS4 / SC: Conviction

man-bear-pig said:
Ajescent said:
man-bear-pig said:
what does hd mean????

So keen to reach 50posts aren't you?

you got me!!!!!!!!!! damn

It doesn't mean anything. Just a marketing term. Everything is called High Definition on ps3 and 360 yet for example cod on ps3 and Halo Reach run at 540p (540 lines of vertical resolution) which is less then PAL dvd (576p) which is considered SD or standard definition.

miz1q2w3e said:

^^ But... Lightning <3

Don't get me wrong, I would screw every hole in her body, but that doesn't change the fact that the game sucks.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

@OP: Well that all depends on which HD console you plan on getting, if any. They both have their share of exclusive AAA titles, but you really can't go wrong with either one. What types of games do you prefer?

On a side note: I can never figure out why the self-proclaimed "Wii-only" gamers are so opposed to making the jump to HD, like they're trying to hold steadfast to some kind of old misguided tradition and refuse to assimilate into modern gaming culture or something.

You guys know that today's "HD" games are essentially the same as alot of the previous gen's games, just on a much grander scale with bigger production values, right? Did you guys refuse to play games like Halo 1&2, the GTA games, Resident Evil 4, God of War 1&2, Killzone, etc. last gen as well?

And did you know that Mario Galaxy is technically an "HD" game as well? It was originally done at 720p and then scaled down to run on the Wii in 480p.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.